PDA

View Full Version : Report: Alabama DC Kirby Smart is UGA?s ?only choice?

Prentis
11-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Comments!?!

preachermatt83
11-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Not when u are using a search firm.

yjnkdawg
11-30-2015, 02:40 PM
Unless things changed from late yesterday, according to 247 staff, it is Smart, Herman and Mullen being considered.

DawgFromOxford
11-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Personal opinion - I don't think Mullen has a chance to land that job.

Mjoelner34
11-30-2015, 03:04 PM
No inside info or anything here but everything I've heard is that UGA wants an offensive minded coach and that Smart was going to get Helton from USC to be his OC if he got the job. USC just squelched that by promoting Helton from interim to full time head coach. I don't know how or if this changes things with UGA.

Really Clark?
11-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Unless things changed from late yesterday, according to 247 staff, it is Smart, Herman and Mullen being considered.

Herman is staying in Houston and stated that this morning in agreeing to a new deal for $3MIL a year.

NCDawg
11-30-2015, 03:11 PM

In the words of the old Henny Youngman joke-"Take my wife--please". Take our coach---please.

Yeah, I know, not everyone will agree.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2015, 03:19 PM
In the words of the old Henny Youngman joke-"Take my wife--please". Take our coach---please.

Yeah, I know, not everyone will agree.
He's got a damn good chance!

Johnson85
11-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Personal opinion - I don't think Mullen has a chance to land that job.

It would be crazy to fire Richt after a 9 win season and then hire Mullen, but at the same time I'm not sure how UGA could really make a hire that would make that firing look good. Mullen is more of a sure thing than Smart. Can't believe UGA really fired Richt without having more or less a verbal agreement through an agent of a high profile coach.

DawgFromOxford
11-30-2015, 03:44 PM
It would be crazy to fire Richt after a 9 win season and then hire Mullen, but at the same time I'm not sure how UGA could really make a hire that would make that firing look good. Mullen is more of a sure thing than Smart. Can't believe UGA really fired Richt without having more or less a verbal agreement through an agent of a high profile coach.

I just don't see how Georgia looks at Mullen and says his resume is superior or shows more promise than Richt. "The east is easier to win in." "Georgia has better recruiting." Not buying it. The fact is Dan is consistent at winning the games he should but has struggled to win big time games.

smootness
11-30-2015, 03:48 PM
I just don't see how Georgia looks at Mullen and says his resume is superior or shows more promise than Richt. "The east is easier to win in." "Georgia has better recruiting." Not buying it. The fact is Dan is consistent at winning the games he should but has struggled to win big time games.

He was ranked #1 for half the season last year and has won 18 games the last 2 years...at Mississippi State. I don't understand the idea that however many games you win at one school is the same number you'd win at another school; it makes no sense.

Do you know what Saban's record at Michigan State was?

smootness
11-30-2015, 03:49 PM

I don't think he was full-on fired. I think it was basically a mutual decision so that Richt can either retire or go coach at Miami for 4-5 years.