PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Towles

It_Could_Happen
11-30-2015, 02:10 PM
transferring from Kentucky. Any chance we can get this guy? I would love to see what Brian Johnson could do with him.

mstatefan91
11-30-2015, 02:11 PM
No thanks. I'll stick with Fitz and Staley

Dawg61
11-30-2015, 02:12 PM
transferring from Kentucky. Any chance we can get this guy? I would love to see what Brian Johnson could do with him.

I'm sure Kentucky will block his transfer to any opponent they play every year.

MafiaDawg
11-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Can't tell if this was serious or not.

thf24
11-30-2015, 02:26 PM
For all the nice things said about him, he's been wildly inconsistent throughout his career thus far. Although that may be due at least partially to having bad teams around him, I'm not sure Johnson could coach that out of him in one offseason at this point. Then there's the fact he'll be a senior, and I'm not sure one year of service would be worth possibly forcing more attrition than there's already going to be at QB when we already have three young guys we like plus a veteran in Williams. Doesn't matter though since UK wouldn't let him transfer here anyway.

jumbo
11-30-2015, 02:28 PM
He will somehow end up at OM with immediate eligibility when Kelly announces he's going pro

FISHDAWG
11-30-2015, 02:39 PM
He will somehow end up at OM with immediate eligibility when Kelly announces he's going pro

commentators on our game said during the broadcast that Kelly was likely transferring to the Northeast to be closer to family ... not sure where they got that info but I thought that was interesting

GreenheadDawg
11-30-2015, 02:42 PM
commentators on our game said during the broadcast that Kelly was likely transferring to the Northeast to be closer to family ... not sure where they got that info but I thought that was interesting

Nothing a few duffle bags can't fix. But they also have the second coming of Troy aikman, Tom Brady, and Brett Favre rolled into one so who needs MGK. Just ask them. Shea will be the best QB to grace a college football stadium

Dawg61
11-30-2015, 03:01 PM

No they said he was probably going to the NFL and that his family could really use the help his NFL check will bring.

Mjoelner34
11-30-2015, 03:07 PM

He'll have to knock over a liquor store or something along those lines for them to be interested in him.

Political Hack
11-30-2015, 03:10 PM
MGK is not a pro QB.

jumbo
11-30-2015, 03:12 PM
No they said he was probably going to the NFL and that his family could really use the help his NFL check will bring.

I heard that and thought that they were either full of shit or Jim Kelly is a terrible brother.

Taog Redloh
11-30-2015, 03:14 PM
MGK is not a pro QB.

Based on what? His success this year?

CJDAWG85
11-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Towles basically quit UK because he was benched... I don't want that attitude on our team. Dude is scared of competition.

Taog Redloh
11-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Towles basically quit UK because he was benched... I don't want that attitude on our team. Dude is scared of competition.
Kentucky's problems are bigger than Towles. I actually think he was one of the few good things they had going for them.

Stoops' awesome recrootin has been a farce.

Political Hack
11-30-2015, 07:21 PM
Based on what? His success this year?

His noodle arm and the way he runs flailing about. His knee or collar bone will be snapped by mid season. If you seriously can't look at him and see that he doesn't have the computer to go through progressions against an NFL level defense, I can't explain it to you. He's not anywhere close.

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2015, 07:48 PM
I heard that and thought that they were either full of shit or Jim Kelly is a terrible brother.
That was ESPN desperate to create a hardship storyline to explain MGKs "wayward youth" past. His Dad can't see his games because he "has to work". He's the gm of grocery store. BS - manager makes the schedule. His mom is a teacher and "drives all the was to Rochester". Wow, an hour each each way. My mom did that for years as a teacher, and a hell of a lot do mainly so they don't teach and live in the same district. I've known people who do ridiculous commutes - like Chattanooga to Atlanta. It's called a choice.

Duckdog
11-30-2015, 08:33 PM
That was ESPN desperate to create a hardship storyline to explain MGKs "wayward youth" past. His Dad can't see his games because he "has to work". He's the gm of grocery store. BS - manager makes the schedule. His mom is a teacher and "drives all the was to Rochester". Wow, an hour each each way. My mom did that for years as a teacher, and a hell of a lot do mainly so they don't teach and live in the same district. I've known people who do ridiculous commutes - like Chattanooga to Atlanta. It's called a choice.
And grocery store GMs make damn good money. So his dad makes six figures and mama makes about 50 grand. Whoa poor family they are. Give me a damn break

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2015, 08:38 PM
His noodle arm and the way he runs flailing about. His knee or collar bone will be snapped by mid season. If you seriously can't look at him and see that he doesn't have the computer to go through progressions against an NFL level defense, I can't explain it to you. He's not anywhere close.

Noodle arm? Are you serious?