PDA

View Full Version : I keep seeing some posters say Mullen won 8 in a "down" year...

Coach34
11-30-2015, 01:20 PM
Bullshit

Our down year is going to be 2016. We should have competed for the SEC title this year. We had the QB, WR's, a veteran OL, good DL and LB'ers- and good CB's. And that didnt happen.

2016 will be a fight to make a bowl game. We're gonna lose at least 1 starting WR. We lose our QB. Half our DL- and both starting CB's. Starting TE plus Walley could be iffy due to concussions

We will have to have some tremendous improvement on the OL and at RB. We wont be as good on the DL and not even close at CB. Our young QB's will be ok but they will make mistakes. Safety should be improved with Bryant, Peters, and McLaurin

2016 is your down year

Blackout
11-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Exactly - Dak Prescott's senior year a down year??? Please. If he were the only returning starter it still wouldn't be a down year.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Yep. The loss is barely dry and the poor 'ol MSU crowd is already spinning this year as a success because of rebuilding. In reality they're just terrified to assign blame where it belongs.

Political Hack
11-30-2015, 01:36 PM
I think we'll be deeper next year. The OL, RBs, possibly the WRs, the LB, and S's will all be better. We're going to be really good on special teams too. The problem is the schedule. Bama and LSU are L's. At OM is always tough although they will lose a TON of production. A&M and Auburn will be better. We play at Kentucky and at BYU. SC will be reenergized with a new coach. We have 3 sure fire wins and 2 sure fire losses, with a ton of toss up games. Anything could happen.

Beaver
11-30-2015, 01:43 PM
I think we'll be deeper next year. The OL, RBs, possibly the WRs, the LB, and S's will all be better. We're going to be really good on special teams too. The problem is the schedule. Bama and LSU are L's. At OM is always tough although they will lose a TON of production. A&M and Auburn will be better. We play at Kentucky and at BYU. SC will be reenergized with a new coach. We have 3 sure fire wins and 2 sure fire losses, with a ton of toss up games. Anything could happen.

I actually like the schedule for next year. It's not unrealistic to say we should start 7-1 before getting A&M at home to start November. Granted we could finish 7-5, but you'd expect a rebuilding team to play its best football at the end of the year.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2015, 01:43 PM
OL, DL and DBs have to improve drastically or it will be bad. My biggest concern is DL. OL has plenty room to improve. If DL steps back, we will get our ass handed to us in most if not all Sec games.

Todd4State
11-30-2015, 01:45 PM
Pronlem with next year is will Dan care?

CadaverDawg
11-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Whatever fits the agenda. Bottom line...we lost tons at OL, lost key RB, weak at Safety plus injuries to Redmond & poke...we weren't supposed to win 8 games this year. This was expected to be a down year in comparison to '14. Could 16 be one too? Sure we lose Dak. But don't act like '15 wasn't expected to be down some. Once we realized the pundits were right in the assessment of our OL, RB, & safeties....we had Dak, & were going to go as far as he could take us. And he did.

But that doesn't fall in line with "Mullen sucks", so I doubt it will be popular

CJDAWG85
11-30-2015, 01:55 PM
I was told by a coach before the year started that we would make a bowl and this year would be a solid one, but next year we will be really good. Said we were very young this year.

CD - agree with your post 100%

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2015, 02:01 PM
Whatever fits the agenda. Bottom line...we lost tons at OL, lost key RB, weak at Safety plus injuries to Redmond & poke...we weren't supposed to win 8 games this year. This was expected to be a down year in comparison to '14. Could 16 be one too? Sure we lose Dak. But don't act like '15 wasn't expected to be down some. Once we realized the pundits were right in the assessment of our OL, RB, & safeties....we had Dak, & were going to go as far as he could take us. And he did.

But that doesn't fall in line with "Mullen sucks", so I doubt it will be popular

I don't understand how we were supposed to suck on the OL. We replaced the 3 guys we lost with people we had in the program for 3 or 4 years. Hell, we redshirted the top OL in Juco that a lot of programs wanted. Everyone was raving about Coman stepping up and we had arguably the best set of corners in the SEC. Our Dline lost Preston Smith but returned Chris Jones and the now improved Nick James. LBs lost Matt Wells who was a big loss and BMac who played about half the time last year (yay 1A,1B).

I looked at it with maroon glasses but with the number of upperclassmen filling in the starter spots, I didn't see this as a rebuilding year. I personally thought we would probably lose either TA&M or AU and probably LSU or Bama. I thought 9-3 was probably about right with 8-4 the low estimate with 10-2 possible. I am happy with 8-4 but not giving a shit when you play UM isn't acceptable. Dan needs to reevaluate his approach to UM. You can't talk all that shit and then fold when it gets here. If he wants to do that, he needs to shut his damn mouth.

EAVdog
11-30-2015, 02:01 PM
Here's a quick breakdown of our season:

The OL killed us in the first half against LSU. But we still could have won but the missed Field Goal.

Texas A&M beat us because our OL couldn't stop Myles Garret and Company

Bama's DL destroyed our OL

Ole Miss's DL destroyed our OL. Which was shorthanded on top of season long issues.

Our Offensive Line couldn't hold up against top level talent. That is the long and the short of it. There really isn't any other explanation necessary. Against typical DL's we could scheme our way to success and provide some amazing results. Contrary to popular belief that was on the coaching. Against elite talent the scheme broke down.

We will make a bowl game next year.

MetEdDawg
11-30-2015, 02:02 PM
To me there are three really big factors for next year:

1) How many juniors do we lose. Wilson, Ross, Jones, and Richie may all get decent enough grades to at least consider leaving. Add in James maybe taking his shot and you've got 4-5 juniors that could go. So do we just lose Bear? Do Jones and Ross go? That's a big factor.

2) What personnel decisions happen and how quickly do they happen? Does Evans start over someone at the beginning of the year? Are we really stuck with Coman starting or do Peters and McLaurin take more reps? Do Smitherman and Stamps take reps from Cleveland and Jiles and how quickly does it take us to get them meaningful playing time? Does Fletcher get in immediately at DT and DE some or do Nelson and James take the majority of the reps with Thomas and Hoyett backing up? Does Dear get on the field more? How does RB shake out? Walley or Johnson at TE? To me there are a lot of personnel issues that will play a major role in our effectiveness as a team.

3) The big one. How effective is Fitz? Can he throw the football enough to win us a game? Do we have to rely on him to get a lot of rushing yards to be successful? Is he able to extend plays, not take sacks, and do the little things necessary to have consistent success? If he can do that, I think we can play with most anyone in the conference next year.

mstatefan91
11-30-2015, 02:05 PM
Veteran OL? That's rich

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Bullshit

Our down year is going to be 2016. We should have competed for the SEC title this year. We had the QB, WR's, a veteran OL, good DL and LB'ers- and good CB's. And that didnt happen.

2016 will be a fight to make a bowl game. We're gonna lose at least 1 starting WR. We lose our QB. Half our DL- and both starting CB's. Starting TE plus Walley could be iffy due to concussions

We will have to have some tremendous improvement on the OL and at RB. We wont be as good on the DL and not even close at CB. Our young QB's will be ok but they will make mistakes. Safety should be improved with Bryant, Peters, and McLaurin

2016 is your down year

One and only correction to your post, its not just posters, it's coaches. Specifically the Head Coach.

Coach34
11-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Veteran OL? That's rich

2 5th year guys
2 4th year guys
1 3rd year guy

How in the hell is that not veteran???

FISHDAWG
11-30-2015, 02:12 PM
I was told by a coach before the year started that we would make a bowl and this year would be a solid one, but next year we will be really good. Said we were very young this year.

CD - agree with your post 100%

I agree - but these guys aren't in the mood... they are like a lynch mob right now. They had some turkey sandwiches for a late lunch on Saturday, went to sleep and woke up thinking we were ala17'nbama

CadaverDawg
11-30-2015, 02:14 PM
I don't understand how we were supposed to suck on the OL. We replaced the 3 guys we lost with people we had in the program for 3 or 4 years. Hell, we redshirted the top OL in Juco that a lot of programs wanted. Everyone was raving about Coman stepping up and we had arguably the best set of corners in the SEC. Our Dline lost Preston Smith but returned Chris Jones and the now improved Nick James. LBs lost Matt Wells who was a big loss and BMac who played about half the time last year (yay 1A,1B).

I looked at it with maroon glasses but with the number of upperclassmen filling in the starter spots, I didn't see this as a rebuilding year. I personally thought we would probably lose either TA&M or AU and probably LSU or Bama. I thought 9-3 was probably about right with 8-4 the low estimate with 10-2 possible. I am happy with 8-4 but not giving a shit when you play UM isn't acceptable. Dan needs to reevaluate his approach to UM. You can't talk all that shit and then fold when it gets here. If he wants to do that, he needs to shut his damn mouth.

I agree with all of that...but regardless of what we thought, our OL & RB sucked, as did Coman. And I totally agree about the EB & all complaints about Mullen.

What I don't agree with, is someone suddenly jumping on the "I'm ready for Dan to go like I was Stansbury", and resort to spinning truths in order to gain support on that wagon. I'm not a sheep that is going to blindly follow C34 down a path of trying to run off a really good coach...and I encourage everyone to think for themselves on this issue, regardless of what u end up deciding.

Running Dan off right now is a bad idea, IMO. If u think it's time...that's your opinion...but I encourage people to think first & dont be a sheep one way or the other.

TBone...this post was in no way directed at you...just letting u & others know why I said what I did & where I'm coming from. I agree with most of your post

CadaverDawg
11-30-2015, 02:16 PM
I agree - but these guys aren't in the mood... they are like a lynch mob right now. They had some turkey sandwiches for a late lunch on Saturday, went to sleep and woke up thinking we were ala17'nbama

Yep

They have some legit complaints....but running him out isn't the solution.

chef dixon
11-30-2015, 02:16 PM
Hits on this website have got to be at an all-time high the last couple of days.

QuadrupleOption
11-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Bullshit

2016 is your down year

Coach,

What you said is true for the most part. I would say that even though we have a veteran Offensive line, they are not good enough to go head-to-head against the D-line talent in this league and it showed.

THAT is the difference in last year and this year. That's it.

Until we get some better players on the O-line we will struggle. Mullen and his staff have to make that a priority every year.

HSVDawg
11-30-2015, 02:20 PM
Speaking of the TE's, whatever happened to Justin Johnson? He played a lot in the first 3 or 4 games (even scored our first TD of the season) and then was never heard from again.

chef dixon
11-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Speaking of the TE's, whatever happened to Justin Johnson? He played a lot in the first 3 or 4 games (even scored our first TD of the season) and then was never heard from again.

Hutcherson finally starting playing good. Johnson is going to play a ton next year.

ScreenCaptureThis
11-30-2015, 02:21 PM
We returned 7 starters from last year's team. Sure, you can say "but we were two deep" blah blah blah, but the fact is, we weren't. We returned 1 starter at the 3 levels of defense, and our offense returned a total of 4 starters, including Dak and DW.

And I am far too lazy to go back and check, but 8-4 was in line with some of the more optimistic approaches to this season. Dak had a fantastic season, but we had absolutely NO running game. Our defense had a "new" defensive coordinator and a new scheme.

So if we get "tremendous improvement on the OL and at RB", does that not open the door for more options for our young QBs? If our defense is predicated on the blitz packages, can we not hide our DL losses by a veteran LB corp? If our safeties are improved, does that not lessen the burden on the CBs?

I'm looking at next year's schedule, and barring a complete collapse internally, I don't see how it's any worse than this year. Sure, BYU there is a tough game, but I'm looking at 7-1 or 6-2 heading into the game vs A&M, and that's HERE.

The fact is we're now not satisfied with 8-4. That's fine. That's what happens when a team wins on a consistent basis. We set the bar higher. But let's face it, we're all screaming because our beloved bulldogs got their collective asses handed to them, at home.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2015, 02:26 PM
No substitute for a good DL. You can't stop these spread offenses without the ability to apply serious pressure up front.

Dawg61
11-30-2015, 02:28 PM
Hits on this website have got to be at an all-time high the last couple of days.

Ding ding ding. C34 is following his same Stansbury tactic. You can look forward to 30,000 more posts of him passive aggressively implying MSU needs to fire Mullen or Mullen please leave.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2015, 02:37 PM
Ding ding ding. C34 is following his same Stansbury tactic. You can look forward to 30,000 more posts of him passive aggressively implying MSU needs to fire Mullen or Mullen please leave.

Why not respond to the merits of his post as opposed to attacking him. He makes some solid points.

If you think this team was lucky to win 8 games. We were just damn lucky to beat Mizzou and Kentucky.

MadDawg
11-30-2015, 02:39 PM

Is it to generate hits? Or is it just an ego that is so huge, he has to find something he can bitch about and get the sheep to follow in unison?

Or maybe it's just the only coping mechanism some have to deal with a loss. The hurt and pain is so severe that deflecting that pain into anger and a scapegoat is the only thing palatable.

Dawg61
11-30-2015, 02:40 PM
Why not respond to the merits of his post as opposed to attacking him. He makes some solid points.

I'm not attacking C34. I've just seen this movie before.

FISHDAWG
11-30-2015, 02:40 PM

If you think this team was lucky to win 8 games. We were just damn lucky to beat Mizzou and Kentucky.

get over your man crush .... he also said we would have a good OL this year

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2015, 02:42 PM
get over your man crush .... he also said we would have a good OL this year

Yeah, and he was dead wrong.

He is right about this though.

See, its not hard, talk about the issue not about who is addressing the issue.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2015, 02:44 PM
I'm not attacking C34. I've just seen this movie before.

If anyone in this thread was attacking Mullen, it was me.

Here is the question, do you think we were damn fortunate to win 8 games? Was our talent level so downtrodden that we were just lucky to finish 6th in the West as opposed to 7th like those dumb media people?

That is the issue in this thread, why not stick to it.

mic
11-30-2015, 02:48 PM
In regards to the the Oline..
It's year 7 under Hev... These are ALL his guys...
How can the #1 ranked juco OT not be ready for is this year..
How many Olineman have we put in the league the past 4-5 years? And are there any NFL prospects on the roster now.?
One of Your best 2 lineman last year was a walk on.. What does that say about his recruiting..? And that's not a shot at all towards Ben. I would love to have 5 guys like him and Dillion.
Hev can't recruit.. Period .. He doesn't like to recruit.. Just because there isnt a lot of Oline talent in the state , doesn't mean you can be a lazy ****ing recruiter.. Earn your over 400k and go out and find us some Dillion days and Ben Beckwith types.. Hard ass blue collar lineman .. When was the last OL we signed from Texas..?? I'm sure there are plenty of over looked linemen in that state that would love to play ball in the SEC..
I would much rather take my chances on a diamond in the rough well coached OL from Texas than a over looked 2 or low 3 star prospect from Mississippi who dominated blocking 185lb lineman in class 1,2 or 3a football in Mississippi..

DancingRabbit
11-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Mullen won 8 in a down year.

I hadn't said that previously so I wanted to get it on the record.

Political Hack
11-30-2015, 02:57 PM
In regards to the the Oline..
It's year 7 under Hev... These are ALL his guys...
How can the #1 ranked juco OT not be ready for is this year..
How many Olineman have we put in the league the past 4-5 years? And are there any NFL prospects on the roster now.?
One of Your best 2 lineman last year was a walk on.. What does that say about his recruiting..? And that's not a shot at all towards Ben. I would love to have 5 guys like him and Dillion.
Hev can't recruit.. Period .. He doesn't like to recruit.. Just because there isnt a lot of Oline talent in the state , doesn't mean you can be a lazy ****ing recruiter.. Earn your over 400k and go out and find us some Dillion days and Ben Beckwith types.. Hard ass blue collar lineman .. When is the last OL we signed from Texas..?? I'm sure there are plenty of over looked linemen in that state that would love to play ball in the SEC..
I would much rather take my chances on a diamond in the rough well coached OL from Texas than a over looked 2 or low 3 star prospect from Mississippi who dominated blocking 185lb lineman in class 1,2 or 3a football in Mississippi..

Can he recruit TEs? Just put him over MS juco recruiting and take him off the road if we're going to keep him. He's got no fire for the recruiting game.

Dawg61
11-30-2015, 02:58 PM
If anyone in this thread was attacking Mullen, it was me.

Here is the question, do you think we were damn fortunate to win 8 games? Was our talent level so downtrodden that we were just lucky to finish 6th in the West as opposed to 7th like those dumb media people?

That is the issue in this thread, why not stick to it.

Because I don't want to read the next 30,000 posts that are passive aggressively hinting MSU should fire Mullen or hoping Mullen will just leave. I'd rather this board doesn't get covered in the Black Storm of Doom that SPS became when C34 wanted Stansbury gone. It lasted 6 years. We are in the infant stages of Black Storm of Doom 2. I would prefer we don't go through this again.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2015, 02:59 PM

Lets get it on the record now, so next year will be an up year? Sweet.

BiscuitEater
11-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Bullshit

Our down year is going to be 2016. We should have competed for the SEC title this year. We had the QB, WR's, a veteran OL, good DL and LB'ers- and good CB's. And that didnt happen. 2016 is your down year

EVERY odd year since his arrival has been BOTH preceded and succeeded by MORE wins. I think that 2016 follows that SAME pattern.

2009 5 Wins
2010 9 Wins
2011 7 Wins
2012 8 Wins
2013 7 Wins
2014 10 Wins
2015 8/9 Wins

Rational .. Much has to do with our recruiting numbers/cycle. We lost a big class LAST year. This year, we only lose ~12 contributors. Injuries were magnified due to those numbers. (Redmond & Market for example) In 2016, we will have a HUGE SR class with >25 contributors. (Our SO class is really small .. FR class is again .. huge) This cycle plays a big part. For example .. MSU played MORE FR/RS FR than any other team in the SEC (except GA). Why? We had to play them 'cause the SR Class was so small. Ergo .. combination of large # (& # of contributors in the SR class + input from younger guys with experience will translate to a better 2016 Win #.

sandwolf
11-30-2015, 03:03 PM
I agree with all of that...but regardless of what we thought, our OL & RB sucked, as did Coman. And I totally agree about the EB & all complaints about Mullen.

What I don't agree with, is someone suddenly jumping on the "I'm ready for Dan to go like I was Stansbury", and resort to spinning truths in order to gain support on that wagon. I'm not a sheep that is going to blindly follow C34 down a path of trying to run off a really good coach...and I encourage everyone to think for themselves on this issue, regardless of what u end up deciding.

Running Dan off right now is a bad idea, IMO. If u think it's time...that's your opinion...but I encourage people to think first & dont be a sheep one way or the other.

TBone...this post was in no way directed at you...just letting u & others know why I said what I did & where I'm coming from. I agree with most of your post

Really, really good post.

mstatefan91
11-30-2015, 03:04 PM
2 5th year guys
2 4th year guys
1 3rd year guy

We had a veteran O-line last season. We lost those guys. We can't just automatically have a veteran O-line again just because they've been in the system a long time or are 21-22 years old.

Please note: that is not to excuse their piss poor play. That's just to say that they were not as "veteran" as the O-line last season.

BiscuitEater
11-30-2015, 03:04 PM
2 5th year guys
2 4th year guys
1 3rd year guy

You had hundreds of posts on OUR improved OL for this year .. and it sucked. So, are they still 'improved' or not?

BiscuitEater
11-30-2015, 03:06 PM

Me too .. 2016 will NOT be a 'down year.'

BulldogBear
11-30-2015, 03:55 PM
EVERY odd year since his arrival has been BOTH preceded and succeeded by MORE wins. I think that 2016 follows that SAME pattern.

2009 5 Wins
2010 9 Wins
2011 7 Wins
2012 8 Wins
2013 7 Wins
2014 10 Wins
2015 8/9 Wins

Rational .. Much has to do with our recruiting numbers/cycle. We lost a big class LAST year. This year, we only lose ~12 contributors. Injuries were magnified due to those numbers. (Redmond & Market for example) In 2016, we will have a HUGE SR class with >25 contributors. (Our SO class is really small .. FR class is again .. huge) This cycle plays a big part. For example .. MSU played MORE FR/RS FR than any other team in the SEC (except GA). Why? We had to play them 'cause the SR Class was so small. Ergo .. combination of large # (& # of contributors in the SR class + input from younger guys with experience will translate to a better 2016 Win #.

It's actually also a scheduling issue. In the even numbered years we are on the road to Bama and LSU which are often losses anyway, regardless of location. We get TAMU, Arkansas, and Auburn; those we are more on par with; at home. And what can be out traditionally weaker SEC opponent, Kentucky, on the road. So, we tend to win more of the coin flip type of games because we're home. We tend to beat Kentucky anyway and tend to lose to Bama and LSU anyway. So, it generally translates into a win differential of 2 games or so.

Coach34
11-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Because I don't want to read the next 30,000 posts that are passive aggressively hinting MSU should fire Mullen or hoping Mullen will just leave. I'd rather this board doesn't get covered in the Black Storm of Doom that SPS became when C34 wanted Stansbury gone. It lasted 6 years. We are in the infant stages of Black Storm of Doom 2. I would prefer we don't go through this again.

dont put words in my mouth.

YOU CANNOT FIRE DAN MULLEN

But if you think we overachieved this season- you are an idiot. If Mullen wins more than 6 next year- that will be overachieving.

Coach34
11-30-2015, 04:06 PM
You had hundreds of posts on OUR improved OL for this year .. and it sucked. So, are they still 'improved' or not?

Our veteran OL's have been good under Hev. It's very discouraging this one wasnt

Coach34
11-30-2015, 04:11 PM
We had a veteran O-line last season. We lost those guys. We can't just automatically have a veteran O-line again just because they've been in the system a long time or are 21-22 years old.

thats exactly what we are supposed to do. You want guys on the OL that are 3rd year and later guys. This is why we are a "developmental program"

mstatefan91
11-30-2015, 04:17 PM
thats exactly what we are supposed to do. You want guys on the OL that are 3rd year and later guys. This is why we are a "developmental program"

So Hevesy really must have picked the wrong guys cause he has been proven to know how to coach them up. Day, Sherrod, Beckwith. So, is it a talent issue? Or an attitude issue?

Dawg61
11-30-2015, 04:26 PM

But if you think we overachieved this season- you are an idiot. If Mullen wins more than 6 next year- that will be overachieving.

Were did I put words in your mouth? You want him fired or gone. We got it.

Beaver
11-30-2015, 04:29 PM

It's to funny because I'm pretty sure you two were on opposite sides of the fence 2 years ago. It was you wanting Mullen to leave while C34 just was defending him.

SDDawg
11-30-2015, 04:34 PM

NO ONE has said this, I don't know why this keeps coming up. If Dan wants to leave, he needs to get on with it. If he's going to stay, a little of that "relentless effort" needs to factor back into the equation. We lost that when we went to #1 last year and it has never reappeared.

Coach34
11-30-2015, 05:18 PM

not 1 time have I said I wanted him fired

Dawg61
11-30-2015, 05:46 PM
not 1 time have I said I wanted him fired

Than what's the point in making him your Stansbury 2.0? You currently have made him that.

defiantdog
11-30-2015, 06:07 PM
If we can keep Ross and C Jones / James then we will have success next year. Dak has been the best QB in MSU history, but I think he tried to put too much on his shoulders. We'll spread the stress in 2016. We won't be as predictable.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2015, 06:28 PM
Bullshit

2016 is your down year

We were retooling every position group but QB and receiver. That is the DEFINITION of a rebuilding year. You just tossed out your/our disproven preseason opinion of the others again. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE but us deluded MSU fans knew that. They told us so and we either ignored it or ridiculed them.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2015, 06:29 PM
Exactly - Dak Prescott's senior year a down year??? Please. If he were the only returning starter it still wouldn't be a down year.

That is about thee most football ignorant post I have ever read. One man does NOT make a football team.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2015, 06:35 PM

It ain't often we are on the same page, but were are here.

Bothrops
11-30-2015, 06:47 PM
I disagree with coach here. I think we'll be improved at several positions. The key is going to be how Fitz performs down the stretch. Our corners are not going to do us any good, regardless, until there are changes in coaching.

Yes, we will still be soft against OM, and Bama. It's Dan's way.

Quaoarsking
11-30-2015, 06:51 PM
Why is everyone so scared of BYU? They haven't finished ranked since 2009, rarely play p5 teams, and when they do, they usually lose.

BYU lost to that awful Missouri team we smoked and only beat 5-7 Nebraska thanks to a fluke Hail Mary. Fluke Hail Marys are the only reason they're not on their way to a fifth consecutive 5-loss season, and remember they mostly play non-p5s.

Quaoarsking
11-30-2015, 06:54 PM
BYU + 3 patsies + Kentucky + South Carolina. 6 wins isn't overachieving at all, and we should bea Arkansas, Auburn, and A&M at home too.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2015, 06:56 PM

If we cant fire him then quit trying to tear him down and start the ball rolling to force him out. That is every bit as bad as firing him.

Coach34
11-30-2015, 06:57 PM
Chris Jones is not coming back

tcdog70
11-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Sure I'm pissed we lost to OM. Losing to OM And Bama sux but they are more talented than Us. Kelly came on Board and He had a hell of a season. The game that I'm pissed about is the A&M and LSU games, Dan screwed the pooch on both of those games. The cluster at the end of the LSU was just piss poor Coaching. If we had just won one of those Games we would be looking at a Ten win season. The A&M game our offense was inept.

I think we could win 9-10 next year. With Rankin our OL has to be better with Jenkins and Calhoun both getting better. Jung and Lewis will be excellent LBs.

Blackout
11-30-2015, 07:43 PM
BYU + 3 patsies + Kentucky + South Carolina. 6 wins isn't overachieving at all, and we should bea Arkansas, Auburn, and A&M at home too.

So when we go 6-6 and everyone is cheering because we made a bowl in a rebuilding year we'll be right back to where we are now.

This year was 2012, next year is 2013. Will 2017 be a 2014?? Guess that will determine Dans fate.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2015, 07:44 PM
It's to funny because I'm pretty sure you two were on opposite sides of the fence 2 years ago. It was you wanting Mullen to leave while C34 just was defending him.

Can't argue that, ha. BUT I always said if he finished strong that year, I wanted him to stay...and he did. Combine that with last year's season and an 8-9 win season this year....it would be moronic to force him out. He has proven he can learn and grow and propel us a step further, even after a "down" year. He also is responsible for us being able to call 8-5/9-4 a "down year", so that should count for something.

Wanna force changes on the staff? Fine with me.
Wanna show him we expect better effort? Fine with me
Wanna show him we expect better preparation in big games? Me too
Wanna tell him we demand better recruiting? Great

But....wanna force out the winningest coach in our shitty football history over a damn 8 win season after a 10 win season? **** that.

I normally agree with Coach on a lot....but I won't with this. Dan isn't Stansbury....and sorry Coach, but you ain't the AD or fan spokesperson. Friends aren't required to agree on everything I guess....so I respectfully disagree with making Dan your next Stands.

mic
11-30-2015, 08:01 PM
Can't argue that, ha. BUT I always said if he finished strong that year, I wanted him to stay...and he did. Combine that with last year's season and an 8-9 win season this year....it would be moronic to force him out. He has proven he can learn and grow and propel us a step further, even after a "down" year. He also is responsible for us being able to call 8-5/9-4 a "down year", so that should count for something.

But....wanna force out the winningest coach in our shitty football history over a damn 8 win season after a 10 win season? **** that.

I normally agree with Coach on a lot....but I won't with this. Dan isn't Stansbury....and sorry Coach, but you ain't the AD or fan spokesperson. Friends aren't required to agree on everything I guess....so I respectfully disagree with making Dan your next Stands.

the biggest thing is... Does he want to be here??
I have zero issue if a UGA, Penn State, or some big time college came a calling and he left..
But even entertaining an offer from Maryland or Virgina if he did is the issue..
And it doesnt take someone very smart to question his fire and desire to be here at times... SEC is a grind. Shit just ask Urban.. All that spend time with family stuff and health problems was bullshit.. He got tired of the daily sec grind .

7years at a school is a good run now and days... If he wants a new challenge or whatever then leave and let's get someone in here and that wants to be here or at least wants the challenge of coaching here.. And he and his STAFF gives it 100%

Political Hack
11-30-2015, 08:02 PM
We were retooling every position group but QB and receiver. That is the DEFINITION of a rebuilding year. You just tossed out your/our disproven preseason opinion of the others again. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE but us deluded MSU fans knew that. They told us so and we either ignored it or ridiculed them.

We were a more talented team this year than last year, when we were #1 in the country. We should've been better on the DL, LB, and the secondary as a whole because we had two lock down corners. Best WR corps we've ever had, best QB we've ever had, experience and size at TE, finally a solid FG kicker, a damn good punter, and an upper class OL. We knew we'd take a hit at RB, but no one expected it to be this bad. There was also debate on the OL by no one expected that to be this bad either. There was no reason for us to be expected to finish last in the West.

A&M was replacing a lot and had a terrible defense. Auburn was overrated and most sane people knew it. Arkansas was getting better but they still hadn't proved anything. Egg bowl was at home. No reason to think we'd finish last.

We ended up right where I thought we'd be minus a win against OM. The media picking us last at 6-6 was off. As far as I can see, most people on this site (almost all posters) were closer on us than the entire media.

Todd4State
11-30-2015, 08:08 PM
the biggest thing is... Does he want to be here??
I have zero issue if a UGA, Penn State, or some big time college came a calling and he left..
But even entertaining an offer from Maryland or Virgina if he did is the issue..
And it doesnt take someone very smart to question his fire and desire to be here at times... SEC is a grind. Shit just ask Urban.. All that spend time with family stuff and health problems was bullshit.. He got tired of the daily sec grind .

7years at a school is a good run now and days... If he wants a new challenge or whatever then leave and let's get someone in here and that wants to be here or at least wants the challenge of coaching here.. And he and his STAFF gives it 100%

I don't understand why some of our fans want a coach that clearly doesn't want to be here to stay.

Blackout
11-30-2015, 08:13 PM
I don't understand why some of our fans want a coach that clearly doesn't want to be here to stay.

Exactly nobody is running him off.. He packed his bags and the flight got delayed. Now he's got egg on his face, will have this bludgeoned against him in recruiting (which we already are at a huge disadvantage), and STILL be seeking the first flight out.

I agree 100% with you, we don't have to wait until the dumpster is on fire to see the writing on the wall. It's patently obvious and those burying their heads in the sand are only delaying our shot at a championship and a shot at the best replacement options

CadaverDawg
11-30-2015, 08:17 PM

Because it's not clear.

Todd4State
11-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Because it's not clear.

Explain why?

I see a coach with no fire who is rumored for several jobs.

Who has yet to squash one of those rumors.

Jack Lambert
11-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Because it's not clear.

Correct we don't know just rumors on a message boards.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Explain why?

I see a coach with no fire who is rumored for several jobs.

Who has yet to squash one of those rumors.

None of that means he doesn't want to be here. And the "no fire" is opinion.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Look at this thread and imagine if I told you that Mizzou would be the worst team in the East and AU would be awful, do you think we would be thinking 8-4 is a good season.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?33148-EliteDawgs-Official-2015-MSU-Season-Prediction-Thread&highlight=Prediction+thread

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2015, 08:29 PM

I agree on the vagueness of the "no fire" comment, I still don't understand the post game news conference where he basically said we should be happy with an 8-4 season because the media had us going 6-6 or 7-5;

Todd4State
11-30-2015, 09:38 PM

I think I don't understand where you are coming from because I read people better than most. It's very clear by Dan's actions, cooresponding reports from multiple people and how our team performs from an emotional standpoint that Dan doesn't have any fire left.

joedog
11-30-2015, 09:48 PM
I think I don't understand where you are coming from because I read people better than most. It's very clear by Dan's actions, cooresponding reports from multiple people and how our team performs from an emotional standpoint that Dan doesn't have any fire left.

http://inkyblots.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-don-t-understand-therefore-aliens-29e979.jpg

Really you are going to pull the "I'm better than most" crap? Please go find a hobby. Preferably one that utilizes your unique skill set of reading people better than most. Rock collecting comes to mind.

CadaverDawg
11-30-2015, 09:49 PM

No offense, but even if you're a professional profiler, your "reading people well" in no way shape or form means Dan doesn't want to be here. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Boston
11-30-2015, 09:56 PM
lol

Todd4State
11-30-2015, 09:59 PM
No offense, but even if you're a professional profiler, your "reading people well" in no way shape or form means Dan doesn't want to be here. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Based on the evidence I see- and others- my position is based on a lot more tangible evidence than yours. You're looking at the evidence and just saying "well maybe not".

Similar to how you questioned me on Dan's personnel decisions earlier and were wrong there as well. Some people read things better than others.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2015, 10:01 PM

Excellent!

Todd4State
11-30-2015, 10:01 PM
http://inkyblots.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-don-t-understand-therefore-aliens-29e979.jpg

Really you are going to pull the "I'm better than most" crap? Please go find a hobby. Preferably one that utilizes your unique skill set of reading people better than most. Rock collecting comes to mind.

Thanks for the input. My skill actually does help me in what I do at work believe it or not. And it's not rock collecting. Pays a lot better than that. As well as your job at whatever gas station you work at.

Todd4State
11-30-2015, 10:12 PM
Excellent!

And I have been proven right about everything going back to USM. All you have done is spin what is essentially a lame duck coach at this point whether he stays or goes.

Just something for everyone to keep in mind during these discussions.

joedog
11-30-2015, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the input. My skill actually does help me in what I do at work believe it or not. And it's not rock collecting. Pays a lot better than that. As well as your job at whatever gas station you work at.

Well no need to get all pissy and out my personal info. Your profiling skills are not as good as you think or you would know that I don't work at a gas station. My job is at a McDonald's that is attached to a gas station. Thank you very much.

The purpose of my post was to try and get you to take a step back and realize how much of an ass you are making of your self. I didn't argue any of your points....... In fact, I haven't even read this thread completely. But to come in and see you saying "I read people.... blah blah blah...." tooting your own horn as to why you know information as fact, when in reality you don't know shit about this situation is sad and pathetic. I'm trying to help you bro. Are you humble enough to take some advice from a lowly McDonald's worker?

http://maverickmba.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/WouldYouLikeFriesWithThat.jpg

Boston
11-30-2015, 10:33 PM
ToddJames is NEVER wrong. Just ask him!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-30-2015, 10:35 PM
Cadaver, do you have the numbers from the pre-season prediction thread? It'd be interesting to see what the average win prediction from the board was.

Percho
11-30-2015, 11:04 PM
I think Dan will be here next year and saying that I do believe Scott better have a great feel for how much he wants to be here and be prepared next year regardless of what next years record is. If he feels Dan isn't happy he needs to act accordingly.

Percho
11-30-2015, 11:05 PM
Cadaver, do you have the numbers from the pre-season prediction thread? It'd be interesting to see what the average win prediction from the board was.

I think about 9 - 3.

Todd4State
11-30-2015, 11:07 PM
Well no need to get all pissy and out my personal info. Your profiling skills are not as good as you think or you would know that I don't work at a gas station. My job is at a McDonald's that is attached to a gas station. Thank you very much.

The purpose of my post was to try and get you to take a step back and realize how much of an ass you are making of your self. I didn't argue any of your points....... In fact, I haven't even read this thread completely. But to come in and see you saying "I read people.... blah blah blah...." tooting your own horn as to why you know information as fact, when in reality you don't know shit about this situation is sad and pathetic. I'm trying to help you bro. Are you humble enough to take some advice from a lowly McDonald's worker?

http://maverickmba.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/WouldYouLikeFriesWithThat.jpg

I like it when people are arrogant enough to tell someone else to be humble. It's just ironic.

I don't need your "help" and I don't want it. Thank you very much.

Time will tell if "I don't know shit" about this situation- coming from someone who knows even less about this situation than I do. Just like it did with all of the players I was right about before the season.

Todd4State
11-30-2015, 11:10 PM
ToddJames is NEVER wrong. Just ask him!

Pretty close- I would say the biggest thing I missed this year was Jamoral Graham over Cleveland. I wish I had that one back in hindsight even though Cleveland needs to be at safety.

If I had more of a working knowledge about the o-line I probably would have said in hindsight that we had several players out of position. Namely Malone should have been at OT. I did say that Jenkins should have been starting though- and again I was right on that.

sleepy dawg
11-30-2015, 11:20 PM

I agree with everything you've posted in this thread. If I was allowed to give you more rep points, there would be multiple.

joedog
11-30-2015, 11:22 PM
I like it when people are arrogant enough to tell someone else to be humble. It's just ironic.

I don't need your "help" and I don't want it. Thank you very much.

Time will tell if "I don't know shit" about this situation- coming from someone who knows even less about this situation than I do. Just like it did with all of the players I was right about before the season.

http://s3.postimg.org/pxozmjls3/todd4state.jpg

Dawg61
11-30-2015, 11:49 PM

Haha holy shit that's funny. Even you Todd can agree.

Todd4State
11-30-2015, 11:58 PM

Kiss my ass.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2015, 12:00 AM
Based on the evidence I see- and others- my position is based on a lot more tangible evidence than yours. You're looking at the evidence and just saying "well maybe not".

Similar to how you questioned me on Dan's personnel decisions earlier and were wrong there as well. Some people read things better than others.

Todd, don't get all pissy. You have to admit that you saying "you read people better than most" when referring to Dan not wanting to be here, is about the most asinine thing ever typed on this board, right?

And whether Mullen ends up leaving, or you end up right about Coman (which was some bold stance)...neither of those things has anything to do with your "reading people well".

You also said Rashun Dixon should be getting snaps at H-Back, Gray should be in the slot, and Jenkins should be starting Left Tackle while admitting you had never seen him play a snap. I'm not saying this to rip you...I'm saying it Bc we all get shit wrong, and we all say dumb shit from time to time. This was one of your moments. It doesn't make u a bad guy or a bad poster...but admitting it is much better than digging the hole deeper by actually fighting that you do indeed read people better than others. That's silly, so let's all laugh about it, say aww shucks, and move on. Whaddaya say?

CadaverDawg
12-01-2015, 12:04 AM

I'd have to search for it. I think Hancock linked a prediction thread on one of the pages in this thread. It looked like the consensus was around 9-3 on average...with quite a few 12-0/11-1 optimistic picks to drive that average a little higher than it shoulda been, ha. I'll try to find it.

SDDawg
12-01-2015, 12:07 AM
It doesn't make u a bad guy or a bad poster...but admitting it is much better than digging the hole deeper by actually fighting that you do indeed read people better than others. That's silly, so let's all laugh about it, say aww shucks, and move on. Whaddaya say?

I read people better than all of y'all, including people that I haven't met and can't see or hear. My take is that this thread is deader than Swag Kelly's hip hop career.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2015, 12:12 AM
I read people better than all of y'all, including people that I haven't met and can't see or hear. My take is that this thread is deader than Swag Kelly's hip hop career.

Yep. Time to end it. Good call.