PDA

View Full Version : Was 1955 the last time a Head Coach left MSU for another school?

Jack Lambert
11-30-2015, 11:44 AM
1954 to 1955-(Darrell Royal)-(Left for University of Texas)-(His winning percentage was .600)

1961-(Wade Walker)-(?)-(His winning percentage was .411)

1966-(Paul E Davis)-(?)-(His winning percentage was .420)

1972-(Charles Shira)-(?)- (His winning percentage was .270)

1978-(Bob Tyler)-(?)- (His winning percentage was .328- however he won a bunch of game but fortfeited due to NCAA Sanction.)

1985-(Emory Ballard)-(Fired)- (Winning percentage .468)

1990-(Rocky Felker)-(Fired)- (Winning percentage .382)

2003-(Jackie Sherrill)-(Force to Retired)-(Winning Percentage .500)

2008-(Sylvester Croom)-(Fired)-(Winning Percentage)-(Winning Percentage.365)

-Fixed - Scooba

AROB44
11-30-2015, 11:50 AM
Yes...Wade Walker, Paul Davis, Charlie Shira, and Bob Tyler were all fired. D. Royal and M. Warmuth before him were the only two coaches in my lifetime (70 years) who left MSU voluntarily for better jobs. Except for those two, MSU has been an absolute graveyard for coaches. The only coach listed above that was ever a head coach on the college level after MSU was Bob Tyler who was the head coach at Millsap's for a while.

Taog Redloh
11-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Yep. And as Tommy West said, history will continue to repeat itself if we don't do something about it. We as fans need to come together - not break apart - during these times. If Mullen remains our coach, then let's support him and move forward. I mean, it isn't as if it's just blind faith like supporting Croom was.....Mullen has accomplished big things already....we know he has ability.

Essentially, we need to give our guys a fighting chance.

ScoobaDawg
11-30-2015, 11:59 AM
And yes... Royal and the legendary curse
And he actually left us for Washington not Texas.

was21
11-30-2015, 12:29 PM
I think Tyler took a job at North Texas State after a year or so after he left MSU but it didn't last long

basedog
11-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Yes...Wade Walker, Paul Davis, Charlie Shira, and Bob Tyler were all fired. D. Royal and M. Warmuth before him were the only two coaches in my lifetime (70 years) who left MSU voluntarily for better jobs. Except for those two, MSU has been an absolute graveyard for coaches. The only coach listed above that was ever a head coach on the college level after MSU was Bob Tyler who was the head coach at Millsap's for a while.

You should no better, History means nothing, just wait.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Yep. And as Tommy West said, history will continue to repeat itself if we don't do something about it. We as fans need to come together - not break apart - during these times. If Mullen remains our coach, then let's support him and move forward. I mean, it isn't as if it's just blind faith like supporting Croom was.....Mullen has accomplished big things already....we know he has ability.

Essentially, we need to give our guys a fighting chance.

Yep. What is going on right now is what we have ALWAYS done. It always starts WELL before the wheels actually come off. It nearly got JWS before he had his best run too.