PDA

View Full Version : Which would you rather have?

Dawg61
08-02-2013, 06:19 PM
A win vs LSU but losses to Auburn and Arkansas or a loss vs LSU but wins over both Auburn and Arkansas. I'll take the two wins over the one win even though it'd finally end the LSU losing streak.

ckDOG
08-02-2013, 06:24 PM
2 over the 1. Those 2 are on the road. If we win both (AU will be better than a lot of folks expect), I'm thrilled. Plus, we haven't beaten LSU in a billion years so what's one more loss. Give me the better record.

TopconDog
08-02-2013, 06:24 PM
A win vs LSU but losses to Auburn and Arkansas or a loss vs LSU but wins over both Auburn and Arkansas. I'll take the two wins over the one win even though it'd finally end the LSU losing streak.

I just want a bowl game,i don't care who we beat to get there or how we beat em. The holiday season is a lot more fun waiting for our bowl game.

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 06:26 PM
I want a bowl too, but I want to beat LSU. It's time.

bocfarm
08-02-2013, 06:34 PM
2 sec wins vs 1?

I don't care who the 2 wins are give me those all day long

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 06:39 PM
2 sec wins vs 1?

I don't care who the 2 wins are give me those all day long

That one win would be huge for the program going forward. Who is a bigger win in the eyes of the media and most college football fans?

Gordon Gekko
08-02-2013, 06:40 PM
I'd rather have the political board back.

Kidding, I'll take the wins over AU and Ark. Would love to snap the losing streak against LSU but don't hate them like the other two.

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 06:40 PM
And if you couple LSU with UK and OM plus three non conference wins, that gets you to a bowl anyway. So you get a bowl and get a monkey off of our back.

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 06:42 PM
So, you all would take beating two teams that we just beat over seeing our beloved bulldogs beat a team we have beaten since many of us have been adults?

Behrdawg
08-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Definitely 2 over 1.

I just have a feeling that we are going to surprise everyone this year. Ill gladly eat crow if I am wrong- but, its just a feeling I have. Hopefully I am right.

Will James
08-02-2013, 08:18 PM
2 wins > 1 win in SEC play

bocfarm
08-02-2013, 08:33 PM
And if you couple LSU with UK and OM plus three non conference wins, that gets you to a bowl anyway. So you get a bowl and get a monkey off of our back.

4-4 in the sec and potentially 3rd or 4th in the west, better bowl game and opponent > 3-5, 5th or 6th in the west and tailgating in the hood at legion field

Jack Lambert
08-02-2013, 08:38 PM
That's like asking me if I would rather have two nickles and one 100 dollar bill or two 100 dollar bills and one nickles. To me it's about wins and making to a bowl game but call me crazy I think we win those three games.

TopconDog
08-02-2013, 09:34 PM
That's like asking me if I would rather have two nickles and one 100 dollar bill or two 100 dollar bills and one nickles. To me it's about wins and making to a bowl game but call me crazy I think we win those three games.

You sir were the meanest mfe in football along with ham,greenwood,green,shell.lkolb,webster,swann,stal lworth,harris,rocky,bradshaw etc,The steelers were my team.Loved watching them punk the cowgirls and roger dodger. Chuck Knoll was the best coach ever in my book.

bocfarm
08-02-2013, 09:50 PM
You sir were the meanest mfe in football along with ham,greenwood,green,shell.lkolb,webster,swann,stal lworth,harris,rocky,bradshaw etc,The steelers were my team.Loved watching them punk the cowgirls and roger dodger. Chuck Knoll was the best coach ever in my book.

I'll second that...best team of all time. Imo of course

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 10:42 PM
I see your points. I really do. I would just like to finally get the tigahs off our backs. Most of my wife's family is LSU. lol

bocfarm
08-02-2013, 10:56 PM
I feel you, been a long time comin

That's the one underdog win I see on our schedule. Reminds me of the GA game in 2010....just think they lost too much on defense to be dominant on that Sid elf the ball.

hacker
08-03-2013, 10:10 AM
this thread is ridiculous. season / bowl game / ranking ultimately comes down to the win total.

hopefully we win all 3.

engie
08-03-2013, 10:52 AM
We've also never won in the state of Arkansas. To me, that streak is almost as bad as the LSU streak and worse in alot of ways(Arky hasn't been a national powerhouse for the past decade plus)...

I look for us to erase at least one of those stigmas this year -- leaving Mullen with only one(semi long term) unconquered MSU stigma going forward... He's already erased 4 of 5 of them...