PDA

View Full Version : Why is Hud the answer?

Dawgology
11-30-2015, 10:03 AM
I honestly want to know. I know little to nothing about him beyond his stats that I can look at on ESPN. These stats are pretty much meaningless to me as they are from a conference that doesn't hold a candle to the SEC.

I'm seriously NOT trolling. I really want to know what his deal is.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2015, 10:07 AM
He's a local guy that would view MSU as a dream job, he'd recruit MS, AL, & LA extremely well, & he's showed enough coaching ability for many to believe he's the correct fit for MSU. If he would've left ULL after one or two years, he would have had a better resume than Freeze

smootness
11-30-2015, 10:08 AM
But he didn't leave after 1-2 years, and now that we've seen more, we've seen that the program declined big-time this year and now they have serious NCAA issues.

He would be a terrible hire.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2015, 10:11 AM
I could answer this question with a lot of "stuff." But simply put, he is the coach that would be all in for this program. He can get more buy in than any other coach. He's the right fit for this program. I think he is good offensive coach and would surround himself with good staff.

Maroons
11-30-2015, 10:12 AM
I think it's a narrow minded choice for some people who don't know any better.

If Scott has shown anything, it's that he's willing to think BIG, and we as fans should too. Baseball stadium, Howland, and Schaefer come to mind.

Coach34
11-30-2015, 10:13 AM
He's not. We wouldn't even hire him at this point

Todd4State
11-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Hud is worst case scenario for me, not my first choice by far. Basically he's a parachute if all hell breaks loose.

HancockCountyDog
11-30-2015, 10:18 AM
Hud is not the answer to any question that MSU would ask. He is stuck at ULL until they fire him or some other non power 5 school offers him a job. He is toxic right now.

It's like steroid user in baseball and the hall of fame. Never going to happen. By the way, that analogy is very, very, very appropriate.

Really Clark?
11-30-2015, 10:19 AM
There would be a lot of coaches to turn us down before we approach Hud at this time. And he is still probably not touchable until the NCAA mess is behind him AND he proves he can win without dirty recruiting. 4-7 destroys the idea of how good a coach he is and that his previous success hinged on very shady recruiting and transfers. Honestly, he would be handcuffed trying to recruit against UNM right now. They know everything he knows.

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2015, 10:21 AM
But he didn't leave after 1-2 years, and now that we've seen more, we've seen that the program declined big-time this year and now they have serious NCAA issues.

He would be a terrible hire.

Bobby Wallace 2.0 - Bobby was the solution to Jackie "under performing" in the mid-90s.

You know, Liverpool got blasted for it, but it is looking more and more like he was spot on. WE are our own worst enemy. Our fans can't handle winning, and can't handle the bump in the road without shitting our pants.

Quaoarsking
11-30-2015, 10:24 AM
He's not.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Y'all think that Dan is the Pope of recruiting; he's not! He's just not good at playing the game...see the DeAngelo cluster17. Number 1: he's to arrogant to play the game. 2. He's such a control freak that he won't get out the way and let people make things happen...see damn near 17ed up the CJ deal.

Really Clark?
11-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Y'all think that Dan is the Pope of recruiting; he's not! He's just not good at playing the game...see the DeAngelo cluster17. Number 1: he's to arrogant to play the game. 2. He's such a control freak that he won't get out the way and let people make things happen...see damn near 17ed up the CJ deal.

What the heck are you talking about and how in the world does this have anything to do with the Hud post?

Thick
11-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Terrible hire!

PendingTransaction
11-30-2015, 10:40 AM
What the heck are you talking about and how in the world does this have anything to do with the Hud post?

You mentioned Hud's recruiting tactics as if he's some wild thug. News flash...4 & 5 stars don't play for scholarships and a guarantee that they will make A's and go to Sunday School.

Really Clark?
11-30-2015, 10:46 AM
You mentioned Hud's recruiting tactics as if he's some wild thug. News flash...4 & 5 stars don't play for scholarships and a guarantee that they will make A's and go to Sunday School.

He is 4-7 after his staff got popped for dirty recruiting and the final penalties have not even been handed down yet. You don't touch him right now. He is toxic. There may even be a show cause coming down for all we know. Not to mention the bulk of his dirty recruiting was taken straight from UNM playbook by the guy who helped put it together. They would know where to look to pop him before Hud even did anything wrong. Talk about playing with fire. And bringing up Redmond like that is on Mullen, you need to go back and revisit that whole situation. That's asinine.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2015, 10:55 AM
He has flopped at ULL despite what looks to be blatant cheating. We won't be looking at him.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2015, 11:01 AM
He is 4-7 after his staff got popped for dirty recruiting and the final penalties have not even been handed down yet. You don't touch him right now. He is toxic. There may even be a show cause coming down for all we know. Not to mention the bulk of his dirty recruiting was taken straight from UNM playbook by the guy who helped put it together. They would know where to look to pop him before Hud even did anything wrong. Talk about playing with fire. And bringing up Redmond like that is on Mullen, you need to go back and revisit that whole situation. That's asinine.

I know...the Redmond deal was just a young assistant being overzealous. And Bracky prescribed the harsh punishment because he's a complete dumbass. Mullen 17ed that up and Will and DeAngelo paid the price. Redmond was screwed to protect Mullen! Dum17 gonna cheat with "direct coach involvement."

Really Clark?
11-30-2015, 11:19 AM
I know...the Redmond deal was just a young assistant being overzealous. And Bracky prescribed the harsh punishment because he's a complete dumbass. Mullen 17ed that up and Will and DeAngelo paid the price. Redmond was screwed to protect Mullen! Dum17 gonna cheat with "direct coach involvement."

Not getting into the penalty crap. Didn't like that but Mullen had no choice but to let Deangelo go. That was a no brainier he ended up with a show cause. Mullen didn't screw that up at all. That's crazy.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Not getting into the penalty crap. Didn't like that but Mullen had no choice but to let Deangelo go. That was a no brainier he ended up with a show cause. Mullen didn't screw that up at all. That's crazy.

Okay. I've probably said too much about that situation already.

yjnkdawg
11-30-2015, 12:19 PM
And Bracky prescribed the harsh punishment because he's a complete dumbass. "

Bracky did what the Administration wanted. If the Administration had not been in favor of this action, it would have never have happened. (Not defending Bracky, but it is what is).

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2015, 12:30 PM
Hud isn't the answer. That's the long and short of it. He wouldn't even be on my radar. Just finished a 4 win season and has NCAA sanctions looming, possibly even a show cause. The people who want him are nuts. I'd take him as an OC, but that's about it. The only "advantage" he brings is he's supposedly well liked by our Cigar Boys and would go "all in" with a Network of our own - which is all hearsay and speculation. And frankly, I don't see how we can run a Network with Bracky Fife firmly entrenched in our compliance office. It's just crazy talk to think Hud is some great hire.