PDA

View Full Version : 106db

Statefan
11-29-2015, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure how many of y'all still had the game on deep in the 4th quarter, but the ESPN sideline guy mentioned that the noise level got to 106db -- the loudest they had recorded all season, and he mentioned many of the well known stadiums in the sec they had been at. I thought that was a tiny bright spot about the effectiveness of bowling in the end zone and the cowbells

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 11:40 PM
I heard that and thought it was really cool. Good reputation for DWS for sure.

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2015, 11:43 PM
I heard it and thought... they will use that as ammo in the cowbell ban movement.

Mjoelner34
11-29-2015, 11:52 PM
I was telling people even before the game started that it was the loudest I had ever heard it there. Just imagine what it would have been if the game would have been worth a shit.

chef dixon
11-29-2015, 11:54 PM
Game atmosphere last night was superb. One of the loudest and energetic crowds I've seen at David Wade. I give everyone more credit than that too because they didn't really lose much steam until it was 28-3.

sandwolf
11-29-2015, 11:56 PM
I heard it and thought... they will use that as ammo in the cowbell ban movement.

That was my first thought too.

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2015, 08:36 AM
Watching on TV it was obvious that we do a great job of following the "rule" about using them. It was like someone flipped a switch when the QB and center got set and it shifted to yelling that was just as loud. Since we lost 3 SEC home games - 2 of them by wide margins - they have nothing to stand on about it "impacting" the game.

msstate7
11-30-2015, 08:39 AM
It would be interesting to know what the db level is right before the center is over ball and after

Outside Dawg
11-30-2015, 09:32 AM
There was a bama fan sitting in front of me at the egg bowl. He was with his MSU wife, but wearing a Henry jersey. He couldn't believe how well we followed the cowbell rules. He kept talking about it all through the early let of the game.

sandwolf
11-30-2015, 10:45 AM
That's true that we have done an incredibly good job of following the rule......I have really been impressed with the way our fans have bought into that.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2015, 10:47 AM
MSU has one of the top stadium atmospheres in the country. For some reason, it doesn't yet help us in recruiting, likely because that atmosphere hasn't led to big home victories yet.

Maroonthirteen
11-30-2015, 11:16 AM
The cowbells were loud. They drowned out the Hobby Lobby got to potty bullsh..... Every time.