PDA

View Full Version : Bogey's 2013 Prediction!

BogeyGolfer
08-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Game 1 Oklahoma State: MSU- Untested secondary, average LB’s, unproven WR’s v Oklahoma St.- Proven QB, high powered offense and on a neutral field. Historically, Mullen’s teams struggle against offenses that are “high powered.” Troy & A&M come to mind last year. (L) 0-1

Game 2 Alcorn State: If we can’t beat Alcorn St., we shouldn’t be in the SEC. (W) 1-1

Game 3 Auburn: We’ve beaten Auburn 2 times in the last 11 years, Malzhan will improve Auburn’s offense, and I just don’t think our young secondary will get the job done. I think this will be a high scoring game and a very close game, but I’m going with history in this one. (L) 1-2

Game 4 Troy: Close game for three quarters but we pull away late. We win by 12 points or less. (W) 2-2

Game 5 LSU: We’ve only beat LSU 2 times in 22 years; it isn’t happening this year either. LSU has too many athletes on both sides of the ball for us to match up with them. When they need it, they line up and run the ball down our throats. This game will be close for a half; LSU pulls away in the 2nd half. (L) 2-3

Game 6 Bowling Green: This game could get interesting and may be one of those games that we look back on wondering how we lost to Maine, I mean Bowling Green! Mullen beats the teams he is supposed to beat. We win by 17 or less. (W) 3-3

Game 7 Kentucky: Mullen has never lost to Kentucky, and the streak will continue. We win by 10-14 points. (W) 4-3

Game 8 USCe: The last time we played South Carolina; we had ample opportunities to win but could not finish drives. South Carolina is a different team at home; they play on another level and have a tremendous defense. Their offense is often times overrated due to their high profiled coach, their QB’s are average at best. This game will be close as well, and if we had them at home I may call this an upset, but I don’t think we beat them at their place. (L) 4-4

Game 9 Texas A&M: Maybe Mullen and staff will have our team ready to play and make up for one of the worst performances/efforts I’ve witnessed under Mullen’s regime. We won’t beat A&M on the road with a healthy Manziel. * I think Manziel may be less than 100% by this time of the season and this prediction may change based on his availability. (L) 4-5

Game 10 Bama: It’s Bama. (L) 4-6

Game 11: Arkansas: I think this is a toss-up, have we ever won a football game in Little Rock? I think Arkansas will have an identity by this time of the year, I don’t think they will have a late year melt down like they did last season. Arkansas lacks talent and this may be another opportunity for us to grab a much needed SEC win. Based on history, I have to give a slight edge to Upig. (L) 4-7

Game 12 The Egg Bowl: I’m not sold on Bo Wallace, Ole Miss has athletes on defense but coaches now have film and can study Freeze’s tendencies. I haven’t commented on this, but I really think Ole Miss will struggle through the first part of their season and this will take a toll on their team chemistry. If our fans and team haven't lost all confidence by this time of the season; I think we beat Ole Miss and the egg comes back to Starkville. W (5-7)

It’s going to be a long season, we will not go to a bowl this year but I really think we can make noise in 2014. I think this year’s team may be slightly better than last year’s, but we don’t have the schedule to create a falsehood. Mullen needs to recruit if we want to compete, period.

Coach34
08-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Just don't see it playing out that way...we have too much talent

Dawg61
08-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I have us beating Auburn and Arkansas. We beat them both last year. Adding a new coach isn't enough to top our sr. QB and sr. RB. Remember they were worse than us so they have to make up that difference and then some to beat us. I don't see that happening when we return Russell and Perkins.

Todd4State
08-02-2013, 04:57 PM
I think we beat Auburn and/or Arkansas. I'm starting to think that Manziel and A&M are about to fall completely on their face as well. I'm not saying that I'm chalking that up as a win, but it wouldn't shock me at all if we beat them.

BogeyGolfer
08-02-2013, 04:59 PM
nm

bocfarm
08-02-2013, 05:08 PM
I think we beat Ark, just can't see them being good this yr...better? yes but we will beat them.

Everything else I can agree with. OM will be very difficult if the young talent developes over the course of the yr

Dawg61
08-02-2013, 05:12 PM
OM won't be difficult without a QB.

Rick Danko
08-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Anyone wanna buy some season tickets... After reading this masterful insight, no way I'm wasting my time supporting this team.***

Bogey indeed. What a load of horse shit. Glad to know some fans have the utmost confidence in our team.

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Too Low. We beat Arky, UK, and OM. Then we will beat OSU, Alcorn, Bowling Green, and Troy. We win the bowl this season to finish a respectable 8-5.

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 06:00 PM
And I DO believe that we end the Arkansas curse this season and beat the bears like a drum in payment for that fluke last year.

BulldogDX55
08-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Aren't you the guy who said we would go 6-6 last year and then after the season when people called you out you still found some reason to gloat about how accurate you were?

Really though, I do not consider myself to be a sunshine pumper by any means, but I nearly stopped reading your assessment and assumed that you did little to no research when you referred to our linebackers as mediocre and their QB as proven. We have two linebackers on a preseason watch list, one of which was an all American. Their QB was one of three guys who started for them last year and had approximately 1/3 the yards that Tyler had last year. Also, he only has 1.5 returning starting olinemen in front of him.

While they are still a team that can score points through scheme alone, they do have a pair of new coordinators so there will be growing pains.

Don't even get me started on your analysis on Auburn and Arkansas, as your OSU analysis shows how little you know.

I hate that my first post here is so angry, but wow, people who post ignorant, controversial opinions for attention and think that they are such talented prognosticators that their guess deserves its own thread (copy and pasted from SPS no less) bother me.

We very well could go 5-7, as our schedule is crazy hard, but to state such ignorant opinions with such certainty is intolerable.

ckDOG
08-02-2013, 06:22 PM
We snag at least one of OSU, AU, or Arky to get us bowl eligible. That's my baseline this year. Anything more and I think we overachieved based on what I think our talent level is on Aug 2.

I seen it dawg
08-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Sticky Bogeygolf's predictions so we can clown his ass all yr.

Quaoarsking
08-02-2013, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure either way on Auburn or Arkansas, but I'm very confident we beat Oklahoma State.

Will James
08-02-2013, 08:20 PM
OM won't be difficult without a QB.

+1 That thread lock and subsequent thread start still makes me laugh

Coach 57
08-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Yes this is the guy on SPS who saids FAR more talented than MSU". And said we'd lose to them too. We beat HIS auburn tigers, Arkansas and we are 4-0 in Egg Bowls at home.

Troy- not the same team on the road they are at home. We win by 14-17 pts Vs them

BGU- Homecoming and we WILL win this game after........

LSU- We win this game as our game with them (for them) is sandwiched between to VERY physical SEC EAST teams.
This is our year to beat them. We catch them between UGA & UF. We SHOULD'VE won last year & then again in 09'.

Look this type of fan is the kind that keeps us DOWN. He thinks he's "keeping it real". But we all know how keeping it real worked for those folks in Chapelle Show. This guy is an Auburn fan. He doesn't understand an aggressive DL makes green DBs look like superstars. Go back to the plains.

angusyoung
08-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Since his predictions were so accurate last year I can totally see why we should care about this.

MarketingBully01
08-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Absolute gold Bogey, great predictions with your so called realist view point. You could have cut and paste what he said last year and he said the same thing sans one game.

My prediction is 7-5 and 8-4 if we beat OSU. That isn't sunshine pumping. That is a realistic mark for this team. I think everyone is pretty much under estimating our team because of idiotic coaching by Wilson. With the coaching upgrades we made and the depth we now have, anything less then 7-5 would be disappointing with this team. I just don't understand our fans really negative outlook.

BogeyGolfer
08-03-2013, 08:22 AM
You are the same guy that stated that Love should be starting at corner and said that Perkins is an every-down back. Now, you are saying that we beat LSU? Love does need PT but should not start. I told you last year that Perkins would not be able to carry the load and that our OL would give us trouble. Go back and watch game film of the Bama, A&M, Ole Miss, and LSU game and these games are prime examples of why we need a back that can run between the tackles. This is why Griffin and Robinson got more carries towards the end of the year. Also, we currently have average SEC LB's, go check other SEC team rosters and see if you would start ours over their's. If any player on defense needs more PT it's Well's....You claiming that I'm an Auburn fan is ridiculous, but they have out recruited us the last 10 years, hence should have more talent, they just had a terrible coach.

Homedawg
08-03-2013, 08:37 AM
You are the same guy that stated that Love should be starting at corner and said that Perkins is an every-down back. Now, you are saying that we beat LSU? Love does need PT but should not start. I told you last year that Perkins would not be able to carry the load and that our OL would give us trouble. Go back and watch game film of the Bama, A&M, Ole Miss, and LSU game and these games are prime examples of why we need a back that can run between the tackles. This is why Griffin and Robinson got more carries towards the end of the year. Also, we currently have average SEC LB's, go check other SEC team rosters and see if you would start ours over their's. If any player on defense needs more PT it's Well's....You claiming that I'm an Auburn fan is ridiculous, but they have out recruited us the last 10 years, hence should have more talent, they just had a terrible coach.
Since you are picking on Perkins, who is btw projected as a top 5 rd pick, try not to include his inability to break tackles in a game he didn't even play in. Lsu, last year, he was hurt you know. So I can see how him not breaking tackles in that one would be tough.

Ronny
08-03-2013, 09:33 AM
1) Keep your negative trolling bullshit on sixpack where it belongs.

Last year you predicted 6-6, & grew more & more pissed as last year's team neared the 8 win mark. (I remember vividly; everyday you keep bashing us & building up our up-coming opponents. I would have banned you for being an attention-seeking troll...which you are...but obviously it wasn't my board).

2) If you really think a 5th year SEC coach of a the caliber of Dan Mullen coupled a proven sr. QB & an experienced OL & improved defense is only going to win 5 games, then you need to choose another ****ing team to pull for.

engie
08-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Also, we currently have average SEC LB's, go check other SEC team rosters and see if you would start ours over their's.

You just doubled down on stupid...

I can see it now -- McKinney finishes top 5 for the Butkus award -- Skinner makes all-SEC(Nevermind the impact that Wells has potential to make) -- Bogey - "See -- I told you they were average!!1!1 Once again, I'm right and everyone else is wrong!!11!1"

Ronny
08-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Aren't you the guy who said we would go 6-6 last year and then after the season when people called you out you still found some reason to gloat about how accurate you were?

Really though, I do not consider myself to be a sunshine pumper by any means, but I nearly stopped reading your assessment and assumed that you did little to no research when you referred to our linebackers as mediocre and their QB as proven. We have two linebackers on a preseason watch list, one of which was an all American. Their QB was one of three guys who started for them last year and had approximately 1/3 the yards that Tyler had last year. Also, he only has 1.5 returning starting olinemen in front of him.

While they are still a team that can score points through scheme alone, they do have a pair of new coordinators so there will be growing pains.

Don't even get me started on your analysis on Auburn and Arkansas, as your OSU analysis shows how little you know.

I hate that my first post here is so angry, but wow, people who post ignorant, controversial opinions for attention and think that they are such talented prognosticators that their guess deserves its own thread (copy and pasted from SPS no less) bother me.

We very well could go 5-7, as our schedule is crazy hard, but to state such ignorant opinions with such certainty is intolerable.

He's that guy.

His troll prediction of 6 wins for last year's team usually showed up on sixpack all day every day for 3 months running.

Pollodawg
08-03-2013, 09:51 AM
This is also the guy who said we had next to zero chance to beat Auburn and Arkansas last season and that they would be as a good as they always were. I hate to dog pile folks, but damn if a few of them don't deserve it.

BogeyGolfer
08-03-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm a troll? Really? I did not post everyday concerning my 6-6 prediction I even stated that I was wrong and thought that we were a better team after we beat Tennessee. I admit I gave TN, AU and Ark too much credit last year. If you will read my thread instead finding ways to disagree and talk about insignificant issues, you will see that I stated that I think we have a BETTER team this year than last year. However, our schedule will not allow for us to go bowling. If you really think I wanted us to lose you are clueless.

KennyPowers2
08-03-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm a troll? Really? I did not post everyday concerning my 6-6 prediction I even stated that I was wrong and thought that we were a better team after we beat Tennessee. I admit I gave TN, AU and Ark too much credit last year. If you will read my thread instead finding ways to disagree and talk about insignificant issues, you will see that I stated that I think we have a BETTER team this year than last year. However, our schedule will not allow for us to go bowling. If you really think I wanted us to lose you are clueless.

You were one of my least favorite posters on sps. I left to get away from idiots like you and now you come over spewing your venom.

BulldogDX55
08-03-2013, 01:40 PM
It's funny how that works, isn't it? You wait until after our 7th win to admit we were better than your 6-6 prediction, and yet you still cling to how right you were.

Something you seem like you didn't learn in high school is that it's ok to be wrong sometimes and admitting it isn't the end of the world.

People would likely tolerate you a whole lot more if you just admitted that you were wrong last year. It also doesn't help that you make your own thread for this (and made preview threads for this thread elsewhere) and act like you know a lot more than you do when you get a bunch of basic facts wrong. It's fine to believe that we will go 5-7, but you have to both get facts right and provide more reason than "we've never won at WMS, so we won't this year!". That level of ignorance is reserved for opposing fans who see us on the schedule and say LOL MISSTAKE WE WIN!

Coach 57
08-03-2013, 01:59 PM
You "proved me wrong so many times".....when? You mean when you said your beloved AU team was "FAR more talented"? I guess that's because you have far more recruiting prowess than our staff? I distinctly remember YOU being ticked because Dan was going after a 2* QB with the name Benadrick Mckinney? Were you right then? Or maybe you were right when you "predicted" the game between us & AU to "not be close"? Well I guess you were right....we beat the crap out of them!

Or when you said Arky would crush us? Ummm ok.

Btw our OL did better against LSU than anybody last year in the passing game. We gave up one block (Siddoway) to cause the pick 6. Look at the stats. We had almost 300yds passing Vs them. But you were right about that too huh?

Who DOESN'T struggle against Bama?

UM- our guys were dejected and played with no fire.

Fact is I left the pack because of fans JUST LIKE YOU! You people drive me crazy. You claim you know the game but know nothing about it besides what a friend of a friend tells you.

Coach34
08-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Also, we currently have average SEC LB's, go check other SEC team rosters and see if you would start ours over their's. If any player on defense needs more PT it's Well's....

No matter how many times you say this- it's still wrong. We have one of the 3-4 best groups of LB's in the SEC

There is a reason us and Bama are the only two SEC teams with 2 LB's on the Butkus Award watch list

Coach 57
08-03-2013, 06:06 PM
But C34 he's Bogey.....he knows more than us.

Coach34
08-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Let me say this:

Bogey is a State fan
This is a State fan site
Bogey is welcome to make predictions in grandiose fashion if he so desires

If he makes a prediction people dont like or agree with- that's fine. I did that on Sixpack for years and sometimes people dont want to see the truth. But make no mistake, when you make predictions in grandiose fashion- you have to brace yourself if you end up wrong. If you end up right Bogey- feel free to shout it from the rooftops. But if you're wrong, and I think you will be, don't be mad when people here want to get some of that ass.

That goes for everyone here.