PDA

View Full Version : Over reaction and your own personal self worth

Where'sWaldo
11-29-2015, 09:36 PM
The people calling for ******* head and wholesale changes obviously find their self worth in Mississippi state football. I am As passionate and hard core and talk more crap than just about anyone but when your o line gets abused you simply do not deserve to win. It blows that Dak had to play his final year with a team that was Rebuilding and caught the injury bug late. Ole miss has been pointing to this season for three years now and has better talent this year. Let it go and let Mullen find the issues and solve them. Mullen can't beat the teams with more talent and Hugh can't beat the teams he should beat. It all
Balances out so Relax and get off the cliff.

Op4isabitch
11-29-2015, 09:49 PM
Why does winning equate to finding your self worth in MSU football? I don't really get that relationship.
Personally I look at it like I would any business decision. If you're the manager (Stricklin) and your subordinate (Mullen) isn't performing up to standard then it's time for a program re-evaluation.
I know in my industry if you don't perform then anything it takes to rectify that situation is on the table, up to and including termination.
I think many of the people calling for change are under the impression that we ( MSU ) aren't getting value for the money spent on our coaching staff. I don't necessarily agree that because they want change that it's a reflection of where they collect their personal self worth.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I have had that thought as well. I'm thinking some people can't stand losing to them and want to make excuses without admitting they were just more talented this year. It was obvious as hell why we lost and had nothing to do with Mullen's mental state or his demeanor at a press conference.

Also, all this fire him because he is looking at other jobs, smells of hurt feelings. Jackie Sherrill interviewed for other jobs too, early in his MSU career. We didn't fire him at that point and nobody remembers that today.

Taog Redloh
11-29-2015, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I have had that thought as well. I'm thinking some people can't stand losing to them and want to make excuses without admitting they were just more talented this year. It was obvious as hell why we lost and had nothing to do with Mullen's mental state or his demeanor at a press conference.

Also, all this fire him because he is looking at other jobs, rikes of hurt feelings. Jackie Sherrill interviewed for other jobs too, early in his MSU career. We didn't fire him and nobody remembers that today.
Well, I agree in general, but there's obviously some fire here, too much smoke. But yeah it ain't as bad as many on this board are making it out to be.

Taog Redloh
11-29-2015, 10:30 PM
It come with age, brah. Usually around your mid-30s is when you dial it down a notch.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2015, 10:50 PM
Oh, I believe 100% Mullen is in talks with UGA and will take it if offered. I just don't buy that him talking to UGA is why we lost. I don't buy Collins courting UF is why we lost last year. I think it is an convenient excuse.

BayouDawg
11-30-2015, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE=Maroonthirteen;461214]Yeah, I have had that thought as well. I'm thinking some people can't stand losing to them and want to make excuses without admitting they were just more talented this year. It was obvious as hell why we lost and had nothing to do with Mullen's mental state or his demeanor at a press conference.

Also, all this fire him because he is looking at other jobs, smells of hurt feelings. Jackie Sherrill interviewed for other jobs too, early in his MSU career. We didn't fire him at that point and nobody remembers that today.[/QUOTE

The Bears had more talent that us in 09 and we took them to the woodshed. We had more talent than them in 12 and they took us to the woodshed. We had a better team last year and they're best 2 wide receivers were out and guess what?? They took us to the woodshed. The fact is we weren't prepared last night and didn't want it as much as them. Freezus had his players ready for war while Dan was doing God knows what. I don't know if Dan is looking for another job or if there is dissention in the locker room but something is up. I love Dan but there are some issues that must be addressed this offseason whether or not he stays.

AlmostPositive
11-30-2015, 01:04 AM
It's just a game, but it requires some emotional investment.

I can promise you no middle-aged onlooker wanted State to win more than I did, but I am over it now. It would have lifted my spirits for 48 hours but otherwise, no real difference. So many things matter more... I just couldn't have come up with any of them until late this afternoon.

Taog Redloh
11-30-2015, 10:22 AM
Oh, I believe 100% Mullen is in talks with UGA and will take it if offered. I just don't buy that him talking to UGA is why we lost. I don't buy Collins courting UF is why we lost last year. I think it is an convenient excuse.
I disagree there. Remains to be seen if it's the reason this year. But it's awfully coincidental.