Clayborn
Jenkins
Desper
Calhoun

Could factor in...

Rankin
Williams
Story?

Do you think there's someone that step in at the center position for Clayborn? I think Clayborn is better at guard.

I'd like to see...

Senior/rankin
Clayborn
C?
Calhoun
Jenkins/rankin

Anyone know if there's help on the way?

Taog Redloh
11-29-2015, 08:53 PM
I'd like to see us bring in 5 OLs per year, and build 2 full strings of depth, or some similar type of innovation. OL seems to always make us or break us, so I think this would help with the drop-offs. We need more numbers.

Political Hack
11-29-2015, 08:55 PM
Id go get the best 3 juco OL I could and tell them to compete. Maybe a juco RB too, but I think we'll be better there next year.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Returning pieces...

Senior
Clayborn
Jenkins
Desper
Calhoun

Could factor in...

Rankin
Williams
Story?

Do you think there's someone that step in at the center position for Clayborn? I think Clayborn is better at guard.

I'd like to see...

Senior/rankin
Clayborn
C?
Calhoun
Jenkins/rankin

Anyone know if there's help on the way?

Don't you worry about the OL. I've got this shit.

Taog Redloh
11-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Id go get the best 3 juco OL I could and tell them to compete. Maybe a juco RB too, but I think we'll be better there next year.
We need to be hitting JUCOs EVERY year at EVERY position. At least 6-7 per year.

We have the best CC system in the U.S., we are stupid not to use our own built-in advantage.

Coach007
11-29-2015, 09:10 PM
We have another juco OT we are working on.

Coach007
11-29-2015, 09:11 PM
Next year isn't the major concern! 2017 is the major concern that we have.

bluelightstar
11-29-2015, 09:11 PM
Based on Mullen's track record, I sure hope we can beat out Troy and Tulane for him**

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-29-2015, 09:16 PM
Next year isn't the major concern! 2017 is the major concern that we have.

For those of you who haven't looked, go look at the roster. We will have several Sr's next year, and practically nothing behind them as far as upper classmen that will be on roster in '17. It looks pitiful.

Taog Redloh
11-29-2015, 09:18 PM
For those of you who haven't looked, go look at the roster. We will have several Sr's next year, and practically nothing behind them as far as upper classmen that will be on roster in '17. It looks pitiful.
If my memory serves, we've only been bringing in like 3 OL per year for the last few years. So yeah, I agree with you. Sh*t has to change.

Coach007
11-29-2015, 09:19 PM

Exactly! And that will be a year that we have it all in place.... Except the OL. It could turn into this season!

HoopsDawg
11-29-2015, 09:24 PM
Starting O-line next year should be:

LT: Rankin, light bulb has come on the last 4 weeks
LG: Calhoun
C: Clayborn
RG: Desper
RT: Jenkins

Trying to get a Juco guard.

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2015, 09:27 PM

I'll be depressed if Desper hasn't been beaten out.

We will be breaking in two new tackles, im not ready to think too hard about next year's OL.

msstate7
11-29-2015, 09:28 PM

Am I remembering it wrong or wasn't Clayborn better at guard? Any chance Williams is ready next year? Is Thomas gonna be an oline project or a te?

msstate7
11-29-2015, 09:29 PM
I'll be depressed if Desper hasn't been beaten out.

We will be breaking in two new tackles, im not ready to think too hard about next year's OL.

Jenkins has experience. Senior does too

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2015, 09:35 PM
Jenkins has experience. Senior does too

Yeah, and as long as we don't play a team with a pulse defensively, we will be fine.

msstate7
11-29-2015, 09:36 PM
Yeah, and as long as we don't play a team with a pulse defensively, we will be fine.

I can understand you being down on senior, but Jenkins is a freshman, dude. He's gonna be fine

HoopsDawg
11-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Am I remembering it wrong or wasn't Clayborn better at guard? Any chance Williams is ready next year? Is Thomas gonna be an oline project or a te?

Thomas is going to play the Hutcherson role as an attached TE.

Williams probably won't be ready next year.

Clayborn was signed to be a Center and he is probably better there than guard. He looked ok as a true freshman at G. He struggled at G last year for a number of reasons.

We should have signed the Juco G that is committed to Minnesota, but offered too late. He could have pushed Desper.

deltadawg99
11-29-2015, 09:40 PM
What about Kent Flowers? Are we expecting him back?

I wish we could get Flowers back, if he got his head screwed back on straight, and at least one other juco OL.

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2015, 09:43 PM
I can understand you being down on senior, but Jenkins is a freshman, dude. He's gonna be fine

He will be fine, normally by the time he is a RS junior or RS senior. Next year he will just be a RS sophomore who couldn't beat out Rufus Warren this year.

It's the problem of being a developmental program on the OL, guys like Jenkins take time to be ready to contribute at a high level. It's not his fault , he isn't ready.

HoopsDawg
11-29-2015, 09:43 PM
What about Kent Flowers? Are we expecting him back?

I wish we could get Flowers back, if he got his head screwed back on straight, and at least one other juco OL.

he's not going to make it back.

HoopsDawg
11-29-2015, 09:44 PM
He will be fine, normally by the time he is a RS junior or RS senior. Next year he will just be a RS sophomore who couldn't beat out Rufus Warren this year.

It's the problem of being a developmental program on the OL, guys like Jenkins take time to be ready to contribute at a high level. It's not his fault , he isn't ready.

Jenkins needs to be at RT not LT. I could argue he was our best Tackle this year even as a redshirt freshman. He's going to be solid. Calhoun is going to be solid. Clayborn is fine. Need an upgrade at RG and need Rankin to continue to progress. Need a new O-line coach too.

Irondawg
11-29-2015, 09:54 PM
Flowers grades are still an issue supposedly. Last night was the first time I really noticed clayborne one way or the other and he caught my eye as having a few terrible plays. So I have to wonder if that happened all year and if some of the ol issues were him maybe not getting the right protection calls. I can't answer any of that