PDA

View Full Version : Why the Manny hate?

PassInterference
11-29-2015, 07:40 PM
Lost 3 starting DBs to injury. Cut him some slack.

Disguised blitzes.

DL got better as the season went on.

Bend but don't break is frustrating but effective.

Red zone D has been good.

Tackling got a lot better as the season went on. Where we used to need 4 guys to make a tackle, I'm now seeing good open field tackling.

Ritchie Brown stopped wiffing and started tackling.

I am disappointed OM found a running game between the tackles against us. But the game was over by that point.

Homedawg
11-29-2015, 07:42 PM
479 yards and 31 points given up- now is probably not the time. I like manny. I do. But they ran for 200+. But kudos we shut Quan down- give him a medal!

msstate7
11-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Hard to judge manny with no safeties and losing an nfl CB. I think manny will be fine as mclaurin, peters, and Bryant mature

maroonmania
11-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Manny deserves some criticism in the fact that his defenses NEVER look prepared to start a game. We found ourselves in way too many holes this year due to our defense being clueless in the first quarter. Saturday's game was no different. Yes, Dak's fumble was bad but OM still had to drive 60 yards and did so with minimal effort. Next TD was a decent drive as well. 14-0 holes in the first quarter were routine this year against Manny's defense, even before injuries became a major problem.

Taog Redloh
11-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Hard to judge manny with no safeties and losing an nfl CB. I think manny will be fine as mclaurin, peters, and Bryant mature
Agree, I hope Manny remains our DC. He did well with what we had.

yjnkdawg
11-29-2015, 07:50 PM
If Manny was able to actually run his own defensive scheme (like the aggressive LA Tech one he did), and not have to run somebody else's defense and try to make it work, I think it would be different. Injuries probably play a part in this, but I still don't think Manny has complete control of the defense to run the schemes he would like too? JMO

Bothrops
11-29-2015, 08:07 PM
If Dan leaves Manny gone.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2015, 08:44 PM
B
Lost 3 starting DBs to injury. Cut him some slack.

Disguised blitzes.

DL got better as the season went on.

Bend but don't break is frustrating but effective.

Red zone D has been good.

Tackling got a lot better as the season went on. Where we used to need 4 guys to make a tackle, I'm now seeing good open field tackling.

Ritchie Brown stopped wiffing and started tackling.

I am disappointed OM found a running game between the tackles against us. But the game was over by that point.

I hope Manny stays.