PDA

View Full Version : One last thing on the debacle last night...

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2015, 06:35 PM
When we got the ball down 18 with over five minutes remaining, why in the workd did we take our sweet time going down the field? Did Dan tease us and have us + 11?

We ran the ball a couple if my times, just running the clock down. I think we scored with a little over a minute left. What was the point of that?

Same thing he did in Tuscaloosa last year.

dawg27
11-29-2015, 07:08 PM
When we got the ball down 18 with over five minutes remaining, why in the workd did we take our sweet time going down the field? Did Dan tease us and have us + 11?

We ran the ball a couple if my times, just running the clock down. I think we scored with a little over a minute left. What was the point of that?

Same thing he did in Tuscaloosa last year.I noticed that he does not even try it seems even if we still lost i would rather go down swinging.

sandjunky
11-29-2015, 07:12 PM
Relentless ***

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 07:43 PM
STRAIN*********

EngineerDawg
11-29-2015, 09:52 PM
The players were told they dug the hole to deep...

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
11-30-2015, 01:00 AM
Ol' Herm would tell you...."You PLAY to WIN the game"!

Leroy Jenkins
11-30-2015, 01:25 AM
Thats what happens when the guy trying to focus on playcalling is the same guy trying to be the game manager. You end up not doing either one very well.

MarketingBully
11-30-2015, 02:42 AM
Yeah, I thought it was real odd to go for an extra point when we made it 38-26. Why not go for two there and make it a ten point game. It was at that point I realized Dan had called it in. I really don't even know why he went for the onside kick there considering we still would have needed a two point conversion.

msstate7
11-30-2015, 07:43 AM
Yeah, I thought it was real odd to go for an extra point when we made it 38-26. Why not go for two there and make it a ten point game. It was at that point I realized Dan had called it in. I really don't even know why he went for the onside kick there considering we still would have needed a two point conversion.

Pretty sure the rule of thumb is to not go for 2 till you have to. 11 points is still a td, 2-pt conversion, and a fg. If you go for 2 and not get it, then you're down 12 and need 2 td's.