PDA

View Full Version : Something IS brewing, idk what but...

Coach 57
11-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Okay I'm going to preface this by saying that this is not a "fire" CDM thread. Or a thread that has rumors. I'm not a rumor guy, I'm just going to tell you what I DID see last night and I am a believer in "fruit" and baring fruit.

Last night something DID happen. I don't know what but for a senior to straight quit the team (Zach Jackson) the DAY of the game and he is going to WALK out to kiss & celebrate with his family is definitely something.

Plus there was a moment in the game (I was in section 112) when Dak and Wilson got into it. Wilson walked away and it looked like they were being restrained. Wilson walked away and for an entire series he didn't get on the field. Later after he got on the field he barely ran his routes with effort. But then came to his senses and worked hard.

I did see that Dak didn't shake the hands of the Bears either at mid-field coin toss.

Whether Mullen is staying or not isn't the case (to me). But some of how and why we got beat was due to a tremendous amount of injuries. They didn't know Warren wasn't going to play until right before kickoff. Malone isn't a OT but had to play it, Senior got hurt and they had to put Jenkins over there. But in all honesty they faced one if the most aggressive fronts they've faced all year. I'm not happy but I'm not about to jump off of the ledge either.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-29-2015, 06:18 PM
I hate to say it cause I love the way he plays when he gives full effort, but there are a lot of plays where Wilson takes plays off and doesn't hardly run a route if he doesn't get the ball when he thinks he should. Unfortunately this isn't something new.

Op4isabitch
11-29-2015, 06:18 PM
Coach I always like your posts but I have to tell you that Dal certainly did shake their hands at coin toss, I saw it on the replay when I watched it this morning. They showed Dak shaking the bear players hands.

Anyway the rest of your post is thought provoking for certain.

HoopsDawg
11-29-2015, 06:19 PM
Jackson quit last Tuesday.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Coach I always like your posts but I have to tell you that Dal certainly did shake their hands at coin toss, I saw it on the replay when I watched it this morning. They showed Dak shaking the bear players hands.

Yep, even gave a nervous grin...

shoeless joe
11-29-2015, 06:21 PM

Yep. I specifically watched for it at the game and he definitely shook their hands.

Delmar
11-29-2015, 06:24 PM

They players might have shaken hands before the coin toss (I wasn't paying attention), but they definitely didn't after the coin toss. After the coin toss, after the ref announced who was receiving etc, an OM player came to the middle to shake hands and our players ran to the sideline. Didn't think it was a big deal myself.

C222
11-29-2015, 06:28 PM
Dak absolutely shook their hands. CJ Johnson just stood there. Didn't shake anyone's hand.

MarketingBully
11-29-2015, 06:31 PM
To me, this isn't the same Dan that we had when he first got here. He just seems like he goes through the motions. There isn't any fire or emotion I see in him. The only time all year I saw that was in the Arkansas game last week which gave me hope that he honestly wanted to be here. The way we played last night leads me to believe the rumors that Dan wants out. With that said if he does come back to coach next year at MSU, we may not get the best results simply because he doesn't want to be here.

Coach 57
11-29-2015, 06:43 PM
After the toss and they crossed each other (the refs had them in the wrong direction) they did NOT shake hands. They did initially but after the ref showed where they were going to start from he did NOT shake their hands and it set the tone right before the dog pound rock when the refs had to restrain them somewhat.

Tony Conner was almost at mid-field mocking our players and others quickly joined in behind him as well as CJ.

basedog
11-29-2015, 06:47 PM
To me, this isn't the same Dan that we had when he first got here. He just seems like he goes through the motions. There isn't any fire or emotion I see in him. The only time all year I saw that was in the Arkansas game last week which gave me hope that he honestly wanted to be here. The way we played last night leads me to believe the rumors that Dan wants out. With that said if he does come back to coach next year at MSU, we may not get the best results simply because he doesn't want to be here.

If that is the case, he would never coach again, no one will hire a quitter.

Coach 57
11-29-2015, 06:56 PM
I agree with both of you but it seems he has the "fat cat" syndrome. Have any of you ever heard of the dragon & the treasure cave story? Where the dragon guarded the treasure and ate in splendor for so long there drew a day when he didn't HAVE to leave. He rested on what he'd done in the past rather than the present or future. This COULD be this situation right before us. He doesn't get fired up because he doesn't HAVE to!

I saw Vandy's coach explode yesterday over a TO not being recognized. Why because he feels pressure. I'm concerned with our OL coach. I've felt in the past he's good but why are we recruiting project OLmen when we should and could be recruiting studs? He's produced some studs no doubt and made guys better (Sherrod) but he's got to do a better job!

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2015, 07:07 PM
If that is the case, he would never coach again, no one will hire a quitter.

Yep. Dan is driving nails in his own coffin if he doesn't find a soft landing or get his ass back into his 2009 gear.

ETA: I want the 2009-2010 version of Dan.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 07:08 PM
I agree with both of you but it seems he has the "fat cat" syndrome. Have any of you ever heard of the dragon & the treasure cave story? Where the dragon guarded the treasure and ate in splendor for so long there drew a day when he didn't HAVE to leave. He rested on what he'd done in the past rather than the present or future. This COULD be this situation right before us. He doesn't get fired up because he doesn't HAVE to!

I saw Vandy's coach explode yesterday over a TO not being recognized. Why because he feels pressure. I'm concerned with our OL coach. I've felt in the past he's good but why are we recruiting project OLmen when we should and could be recruiting studs? He's produced some studs no doubt and made guys better (Sherrod) but he's got to do a better job!

I think you are correct. But Dan is also looking to leave.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-29-2015, 07:18 PM
I think you are correct. But Dan is also looking to leave.

I have no proof of this is true or not, but it's getting to the point where you're (Mullen) either with us or against us.

PassInterference
11-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Mullen has said a few times that he thinks a coach's shelf life is 6-7 years. Says people will get tired of him (or most any other coach). And I'm sure he feels that wearing of the welcome works both ways.

sbcmortgageman
11-29-2015, 07:28 PM
He said 10 year shelf life but whatever. I think he checked out.

SallyStansbury
11-29-2015, 07:30 PM
Could it be because Hev is a Yankee asshole, horrible recruiter, and a marginal coach? What 4* player with options would choose to play for him?

Think of the confederate flags our UNM have to overcome with bags of cash, they do it......we have Hev, cult of personality, and Bracky and NO bags of cash? Do the math.

Also i know IYOKnew is busy working the phones, but curious for an end of season reply if Manny just sucks or did he suck because he was implementing Dan's masterfully passive, meddlesome Defensive scheme?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-29-2015, 07:34 PM
Could it be because Hev is a Yankee asshole, horrible recruiter, and a marginal coach? What 4* player with options would choose to play for him?

Think of the confederate flags our UNM have to overcome with bags of cash, they do it......we have Hev, cult of personality, and Bracky and NO bags of cash? Do the math.

Also i know IYOKnew is busy working the phones, but curious for an end of season reply if Manny just sucks or did he suck because he was implementing Dan's masterfully passive, meddlesome Defensive scheme?

They probably want out so they don't have to deal wit the flag issue.**

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-29-2015, 07:45 PM
If Mullen wants to leave, the best way to do it is to beat some teams he's not supposed to. Richt just got fired for not beating teams that would take them to the level they expect to go. I will be surprised if Ga. is serious about Mullen because of his record against top 15 teams.

One thing we will learn in the next 30 days....if Mullen doesn't get an offer with this many openings available, maybe we don't have the level of coach we think we do. Especially if he's looking around and still can't get someone to offer him.

I've said it for two years now....Mullen doesn't have the same fire and drive he had earlier in his career. I think he got comfortable with his 8 wins a few years ago plus his raise and especially after his 10 wins and raise last year. Beating OM a few times early in his tenure here showed him all he had to do was beat OM and we would be happy. But if he's looking to leave, last night was not the effort or results an AD is looking for.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 07:51 PM
If Mullen wants to leave, the best way to do it is to beat some teams he's not supposed to. Richt just got fired for not beating teams that would take them to the level they expect to go. I will be surprised if Ga. is serious about Mullen because of his record against top 15 teams.

One thing we will learn in the next 30 days....if Mullen doesn't get an offer with this many openings available, maybe we don't have the level of coach we think we do. Especially if he's looking around and still can't get someone to offer him.

I've said it for two years now....Mullen doesn't have the same fire and drive he had earlier in his career. I think he got comfortable with his 8 wins a few years ago plus his raise and especially after his 10 wins and raise last year. Beating OM a few times early in his tenure here showed him all he had to do was beat OM and we would be happy. But if he's looking to leave, last night was not the effort or results an AD is looking for. No inside info but I bet we find out by the end of the week.

bulldogcountry1
11-29-2015, 08:02 PM
Dan is obviously not the same guy on the sidelines that he used to be. You can discuss 100 other concerns, but this is the one that worries me the most. The body language is that of a man who is tired or disinterested.

gravedigger
11-29-2015, 08:18 PM

This isn't the same Dan to be sure, but that is life in general. What I'm seeing is a hc/oc who is connected at the hip with a ol coach and they put their heads together and concocted an idea that a depleted line should be able to hold pass protection for 4 seconds and when they are done, should be able to run block. But not in that order.

I see a good deal of complaining about our ol, but what I'd like to know is how long did each qb hold the ball before he was sacked, threw it away, ran, or threw an int. what I suspect u will find is that our ol blocked far longer than we should have expected them to.

Big time leaders do this all the time. Their arrogance and hardheaded mentality serves them well until of course, it doesn't. Call it the megalomaniacs Peter principle. Seems like polititions suffer from it just as bad as head coaches. And dang. Only a couple of weeks ago we were talking making Atlanta, heismans, statues and bowls in warm places.

Yea. I think this may be an opportunity for Dan to get busy leaving or get busy staying. He hasn't done much to make himself known on a personal level in Starkville. Megan has. I want them to stay. I want these last couple of days to be an anomaly years fom now. But if he goes, he goes. We need to use Adidas to get a football coach. Sign a 20 year contract.

maroonmania
11-29-2015, 08:25 PM
This isn't the same Dan to be sure, but that is life in general. What I'm seeing is a hc/oc who is connected at the hip with a ol coach and they put their heads together and concocted an idea that a depleted line should be able to hold pass protection for 4 seconds and when they are done, should be able to run block. But not in that order.

I see a good deal of complaining about our ol, but what I'd like to know is how long did each qb hold the ball before he was sacked, threw it away, ran, or threw an int. what I suspect u will find is that our ol blocked far longer than we should have expected them to.

Big time leaders do this all the time. Their arrogance and hardheaded mentality serves them well until of course, it doesn't. Call it the megalomaniacs Peter principle. Seems like polititions suffer from it just as bad as head coaches. And dang. Only a couple of weeks ago we were talking making Atlanta, heismans, statues and bowls in warm places.

Yea. I think this may be an opportunity for Dan to get busy leaving or get busy staying. He hasn't done much to make himself known on a personal level in Starkville. Megan has. I want them to stay. I want these last couple of days to be an anomaly years fom now. But if he goes, he goes. We need to use Adidas to get a football coach. Sign a 20 year contract.

Look, our offense was about as successful as it could have possibly been this year given we had almost ZERO run game. We better get that fixed by next year are we will be very fortunate to even break even.

gravedigger
11-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Look, our offense was about as successful as it could have possibly been this year given we had almost ZERO run game. We better get that fixed by next year are we will be very fortunate to even break even.

I agree to a point. If we had spread the coverage as a priority on each set of downs, we'd have had better success running. Granted, it would have resembled capt bubble screen of last year, but it would have matched our abilities.

I said prior to the season, due to his performance in the spring game that lee was our man and I've stood by that all season. Put dear back there with him with motion and we'd have been uncover able with bear hutcherson, Ross and or Myles

But Mullen's skull is thick.

gravedigger
11-29-2015, 09:58 PM

That is one heck of a theory. Possibly State's rep for being satisfied with a certain win total, makes us vulnerable to this attitude.

Do we have to prematurely fire a coach to accomplish this?

maroonmania
11-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Mullen doesn't have the same fire and drive he had earlier in his career.

Well that's a pretty sad statement given he's only been a head coach for 7 years and still in his mid 40s.