PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to say it -

1bigdawg
11-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Stricklin needs to tell Mullen to "fish or cut bait." If we get one more mention of his name with another job, it is time to find someone else.

Mullen's constant flirting with other schools has hurt us in recruiting every year. And the whole thing has gotten ridiculous this year. I once thought it was just UNM rumors, but now I know it is Mullen encouraging his agent.

If anything, any contract extension should include a clause that he can be fired if his agent if looking around. I have done this in business and that is what college football is now.

Really Clark?
11-29-2015, 05:03 PM
Try to hire a coach with that clause in their contract and see what you end up with.

Hattdawg
11-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Try to hire a coach with that clause in their contract and see what you end up with.

Very true!!!

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 05:17 PM

Croom? What do I win?

AFDawg
11-29-2015, 05:27 PM
Not Maine.

Political Hack
11-29-2015, 05:34 PM
I think we're about to see a situation backfire on CDM and his agent in a big way. He's a gun for hire, and if he wants out, we'll hire another one.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 05:41 PM
I think we're about to see a situation backfire on CDM and his agent in a big way. He's a gun for hire, and if he wants out, we'll hire another one.

If I were Scott, this is how I would handle it...

I'd tell him that I know you are looking around, and tell him to leave.

And if he doesn't find something, I'll fire him and find someone that wants to be at MSU...and then give him about two weeks to find a job.

OurState
11-29-2015, 05:45 PM
If I were Scott, this is how I would handle it...

I'd tell him that I know you are looking around, and tell him to leave.

And if he doesn't find something, I'll fire him and find someone that wants to be at MSU...and then give him about two weeks to find a job.

This is crazy talk.

Coaches leaving for better jobs is good for the program. Be a launching pad not a graveyard.

No coach cares about his school. These are jobs nothing more.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 06:07 PM
This is crazy talk.

Coaches leaving for better jobs is good for the program. Be a launching pad not a graveyard.

No coach cares about his school. These are jobs nothing more.

What I just said is what a lot of companies do if they know their employees are looking around.

Political Hack
11-29-2015, 06:10 PM
If you know he's looking and you've got a better replacement lined up, you pull the trigger. If you don't, you don't. However we know that we don't have the stones to make a move like that.

I don't think we can get a slam dunk sure fire "this is a better coach" deal though, so it's not something that's really in play. There's 2 guys out there that I think could be better, but both are gambles.