PDA

View Full Version : Per someone that works for a sports info media, Mullen is talking to Maryland and UGA

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2015, 03:39 PM
I asked about Virginia but they said they would ask around.

At this point I hope Strick is on the phone. I don't see a reason to keep Mullen if he is going around actively looking for a new job.

defiantdog
11-29-2015, 03:44 PM
he's 3rd at best for Georgia. Maryland has worse facilities then USM..... He's not going there.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2015, 03:52 PM
he's 3rd at best for Georgia. Maryland has worse facilities then USM..... He's not going there.

Maryland is about to become the "Oregon of the East", according to their Under Armor owner/booster guy. So it's a much better chance than you think probably. Otherwise I would agree. Looks like they're about to pour hundreds of millions into that program though.

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2015, 03:53 PM
Well I don't know about $$$ but this is from someone with no connections to MSU. It is just someone I know that has connections. They said Mullen is definitely talking to UGA and Maryland that is all the text said. I asked about UVA and they didn't know but would check around.

Political Hack
11-29-2015, 04:00 PM
Oregon did well with the NH Mafia. Maryland may too.

MafiaDawg
11-29-2015, 04:00 PM
Can't imagine Mulllen is even in Georgia's top 6-7. If he wants to be a top candidate I suggest he starts nutting up and winning some games he shouldn't. Until then he will be at state unless he wants to either take a pay cut or do a massive rebuild.

Coach34
11-29-2015, 04:12 PM

The UA people think it's a done deal

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 04:13 PM
I don't have good sources and I'm not a "money guy", but I hear a few things. The latest I'm hearing this morning is that this has been in the works for a couple of weeks, Stricklin has been doing damage control quietly last week but the pot boiled over last night with blowout loss at home and players received a strong hint that Dan was leaving when he spoke to them at halftime. This story caught like wildfire during the game last night and the AD lost control of it, where there's smoke there's flame. Again, this could be wrong and I may be pushing a rumor, but based on who I heard it from I don't think so. I also heard that mainstream reporters are getting calls and being asked not to propagate rumors so MSU can control the spin and start focusing on their own coaching search. What you will hear now is mostly references to "not knowing which story to believe" vs. outright denials. What's interesting is that Stricklin did some outright denials this week, but he had to know what was coming? My guess is that the UGA variable that came into play was not known to him until the last 48 hours or so. Going to be a tough week to concentrate on other things, that's for sure.

defiantdog
11-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Maryland is about to become the "Oregon of the East", according to their Under Armor owner/booster guy. So it's a much better chance than you think probably. Otherwise I would agree. Looks like they're about to pour hundreds of millions into that program though.
Plank is a business man before he's a blind supporter. He won't make Oregon changes unless other boosters step up. He needs help from the administration and boosters. I just don't see a guy like him, in his 40s, blindly throw money at a school that isn't known for fan support and expect a 180 turn around. I could be wrong though

basedog
11-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Whoever takes that job better win quick, do you see someone doing better than 145-51 in the same time frame?

defiantdog
11-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Whoever takes that job better win quick, do you see someone doing better than 145-51 in the same time frame?

Yes, because the next coach will start with better talent.

Jsndawg
11-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Fire a 9-4 Mark Richt and hire 8-4 Dan Mullen ??
I'm sure that's what the Georgia cigars boys want to happen.

Really Clark?
11-29-2015, 04:22 PM
Can't imagine Mulllen is even in Georgia's top 6-7. If he wants to be a top candidate I suggest he starts nutting up and winning some games he shouldn't. Until then he will be at state unless he wants to either take a pay cut or do a massive rebuild.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/leading-candidates-to-replace-richt-at-georgia

He is definitely in their top 5.

MarketingBully
11-29-2015, 04:27 PM
With the way Dan coached last night, it sure looked like he was gone.

MafiaDawg
11-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Um that had Charile Stong on the list. Immediately loses all credibility. Im talking about the AD list, not some website heros.

drummerdawg
11-29-2015, 04:37 PM
Dan would be a great fit for UGA. Imagine what State could do with the talent Georgia gets.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 04:37 PM
Um that had Charile Stong on the list. Immediately loses all credibility. Im talking about the AD list, not some website heros.

That's the AJC site. I guarantee you, they're connected.

Really Clark?
11-29-2015, 04:46 PM

Believe what you want but that's not just some fan website.

smootness
11-29-2015, 04:51 PM
I don't have good sources and I'm not a "money guy", but I hear a few things. The latest I'm hearing this morning is that this has been in the works for a couple of weeks, Stricklin has been doing damage control quietly last week but the pot boiled over last night with blowout loss at home and players received a strong hint that Dan was leaving when he spoke to them at halftime. This story caught like wildfire during the game last night and the AD lost control of it, where there's smoke there's flame. Again, this could be wrong and I may be pushing a rumor, but based on who I heard it from I don't think so. I also heard that mainstream reporters are getting calls and being asked not to propagate rumors so MSU can control the spin and start focusing on their own coaching search. What you will hear now is mostly references to "not knowing which story to believe" vs. outright denials. What's interesting is that Stricklin did some outright denials this week, but he had to know what was coming? My guess is that the UGA variable that came into play was not known to him until the last 48 hours or so. Going to be a tough week to concentrate on other things, that's for sure.

This sounds pretty unbelievable. I seriously doubt Mullen said anything at halftime that would hint that he's leaving. That would be ridiculous.

smootness
11-29-2015, 04:53 PM
That's the AJC site. I guarantee you, they're connected.

Eh, the AJC is pretty much garbage.

Bothrops
11-29-2015, 04:53 PM
Oregon did well with the NH Mafia. Maryland may too.

I don't think Maryland will ever be much better in the B1G.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 04:58 PM
This sounds pretty unbelievable. I seriously doubt Mullen said anything at halftime that would hint that he's leaving. That would be ridiculous.

I have a hard time believing it as well and everyone's interpretation is their own, but you saw his press conference last night. Would you have believed that prior to seeing it?

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 05:02 PM

Probably his body language, the way he acted, and the way he talked. I doubt he came out and said "I'm out- it's every man for himself". But I'm sure the players know how he normally is and could tell that something was different than normal.

basedog
11-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Probably his body language, the way he acted, and the way he talked. I doubt he came out and said "I'm out- it's every man for himself". But I'm sure the players know how he normally is and could tell that something was different than normal.

The team came out the second half with much more fire, scored 24 and gave up 10, why someone thinks Mullen did anything different is probably reaching for something that isn't there! Coaches I know want give up him during a game, come on mane!

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 05:33 PM
The team came out the second half with much more fire, scored 24 and gave up 10, why someone thinks Mullen did anything different is probably reaching for something that isn't there! Coaches I know want give up him during a game, come on mane!

Well, he has pretty much the same speech every time anyway. STRAIN!!!!

MafiaDawg
11-29-2015, 05:36 PM
It appears some of yalls coaching search "info" is falling apart with MD. I thought it was a done deal? Wha-happened?

AROB44
11-29-2015, 05:40 PM
It appears some of yalls coaching search "info" is falling apart with MD. I thought it was a done deal? Wha-happened?

Don't worry.....they will come up with something else. Rumors are easy ..... Just say whatever you want. Will not be long before it has legs.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 05:43 PM
Don't worry.....they will come up with something else. Rumors are easy ..... Just say whatever you want. Will not be long before it has legs.

If every national media member is saying it (or something similar), tons of others close to the program are dodging the questions and the AD went from a flat out denial last week (off the record) to damage control this weekend, what else would you call it? Dan has been mentioned before, but this time is very different and has been different for weeks. Even leading up to the Bama game this was coming up and hasn't stopped since then.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 05:43 PM

No question Dan is looking. If his agent and Dan mess it up and he ends up out a job- it's their problem

Tbonewannabe
11-29-2015, 05:45 PM

What I was told was there was a back and forth communication more than "No Thanks". That was pretty much all they were allowed to say.

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 06:26 PM
If he wants to go, be best that he goes. If not, it would be foolish to fire him. If he indeed has a list of jobs, Stricklin better have him a short list of coaches. Which is always smart to have anyway,

Well thats my position, and nothing is gonna change it.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 07:58 PM
If he wants to go, be best that he goes. If not, it would be foolish to fire him. If he indeed has a list of jobs, Stricklin better have him a short list of coaches. Which is always smart to have anyway,

I agree that letting itself work out is the best option- and in this case probably the most likely.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2015, 08:00 PM

Smart position.

yjnkdawg
11-29-2015, 08:06 PM
A staff member for the 247 Site for UGA said that Tom Herman is very much interested in the job and that Smart and Mullen are also being considered.

the59dawg
11-29-2015, 11:09 PM

I agree no one knows what to believe, but you sure are pushing the he++ out of the negative side in many multiple posts on this board. Pushing rumors like you are is not what Bulldog supporters ought to do. What does this accomplish. Guessing and push the worse side of everything you hear.

the59dawg
11-29-2015, 11:12 PM
If every national media member is saying it (or something similar), tons of others close to the program are dodging the questions and the AD went from a flat out denial last week (off the record) to damage control this weekend, what else would you call it? Dan has been mentioned before, but this time is very different and has been different for weeks. Even leading up to the Bama game this was coming up and hasn't stopped since then.

This has happened each of the seven yrs Mullen has been here.