PDA

View Full Version : Zach Jackson

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Saw this on 247, but not here. Where was he last night? Did he play?

CJDAWG85
11-29-2015, 01:47 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Don't remember his name called for Senior Day.

msstate7
11-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Signed with Maryland**

HSVDawg
11-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Take this for what you will, but I heard about 30 min before going into the stadium last night that he quit the team this past week. Then when Senior Day festivities ensued, his name was never called and he was nowhere to be seen. So, I assume this to be true. Very strange situation to say the least. Hard to believe that a senior starter would quit during Egg Bowl week, right before his final home game. But that's evidently what happened.

Dawgbite
11-29-2015, 01:52 PM
FWIW, I was told that he and Manny got into it and he quit and is no longer in school.

Coach007
11-29-2015, 01:52 PM
Yes.. he quit the team last week and did not play nor did he make the walk through with seniors.

tupelopix
11-29-2015, 01:54 PM
Take this for what you will, but I heard about 30 min before going into the stadium last night that he quit the team this past week. Then when Senior Day festivities ensued, his name was never called and he was nowhere to be seen. So, I assume this to be true. Very strange situation to say the least. Hard to believe that a senior starter would quit during Egg Bowl week, right before his final home game. But that's evidently what happened.

If that's true, that's a really odd situation. I'll be damned if I'd quit the week of senior night if I had that much blood, sweat, and tears invested.

Blackout
11-29-2015, 01:56 PM
If that's true, that's a really odd situation. I'll be damned if I'd quit the week of senior night if I had that much blood, sweat, and tears invested.

Don't forget missed tackles

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Sad to hear that for him, hope he finishes school if he hasn't already.

quickstrike2
11-29-2015, 02:07 PM
Don't forget missed tackles

No kidding.

bluelightstar
11-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Not sure what the problem was this past week, but former player told me the locker room was crap before (and obviously) after the game.

bulldawg28
11-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Not sure what the problem was this past week, but former player told me the locker room was crap before (and obviously) after the game.

The locker room was crap after the game..not before

HoopsDawg
11-29-2015, 02:24 PM
Jackson found out he wouldn't be starting so he quit. Team knew of speculation that Mullen wants out. Our O-line was in shambles. Mullen let the team leave campus for Thanksgiving. Bad recipe for an Egg Bowl win. I hope our new coach doesn't refer to them as TSUN or build up the rivalry too big. Just recruit and coach, the fans build up the game enough.

bluelightstar
11-29-2015, 02:25 PM
The locker room was crap after the game..not before

It really is interesting how these things can be seen in such different ways, I guess. I trust my guy though.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-29-2015, 02:26 PM
The locker room has been shit since last spring.

BankerDog
11-29-2015, 02:37 PM
Jackson found out he wouldn't be starting so he quit. Team knew of speculation that Mullen wants out. Our O-line was in shambles. Mullen let the team leave campus for Thanksgiving. Bad recipe for an Egg Bowl win. I hope our new coach doesn't refer to them as TSUN or build up the rivalry too big. Just recruit and coach, the fans build up the game enough.

The team didn't leave for Thanksgiving. They brought the players families up here.

CadaverDawg
11-29-2015, 02:37 PM
FWIW, I was told that he and Manny got into it and he quit and is no longer in school.

So if Manny had not started him in Game 2, we could have been done with Jackson at LB 10 games ago? Shit Manny.

I know that sounds mean, but I have nothing for a player (an average AT BEST play) quitting because he doesn't get to start. Take your ball and go home with that attitude, Zach. If that is true.

HancockCountyDog
11-29-2015, 02:39 PM

Yeah, but its easy to keep the masses happy if you just have to win one game against a comparable program as opposed to try and win games against programs that are better than you.

We got to play Mizzou and Kentucky from the east this year, two of the worst teams in the conference and we were a blocked FG away from going 3-5 in the SEC while having the best QB in our history, two NFL WR's, at least two NFL DL, two NFL type LB's and at least one corner that will get drafted.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 02:42 PM
What a bitch. He should have been thankful he played and started as much as he did.

HoopsDawg
11-29-2015, 02:46 PM
What a bitch. He should have been thankful he played and started as much as he did.

he's going to regret that decision his whole life.

shoeless joe
11-29-2015, 03:52 PM
From the first game of the year I thought chemistry was an issue with the team. Don't know exactly what it was but I got a sense that this team was missing what last years team had.

Blackout
11-29-2015, 04:12 PM
From the first game of the year I thought chemistry was an issue with the team. Don't know exactly what it was but I got a sense that this team was missing what last years team had.

Balls