PDA

View Full Version : Reality! It escapes many of you

Coach007
11-29-2015, 01:33 PM
MSU is in a situation that many here are willing to throw out the window. So let's look at a few things as options.

1- With all of the coaching changes MSU has a chance to bring in a great supporting staff under Dan. As talked about here, we need better recruiting. So let's raid a few busted up staffs and see who we can snag to bring in better recruits now!

2- We have a chance to now land a top recruit in the country! And some of you want to throw that out the window. Derrick Brown. Both parents are MSU people. UGA just dismissed their coach. Go get the one he loves. HIRE HIM!

3- Returning the the best talent Mullen has had as a whole. Those stars people talk about... from top to bottom... better.

Let's see what changes he can make. HIRE some great recruiters and position coaches. Give him another year...

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 01:36 PM
1 - Not going to happen under Mullen. He surrounds himself with his people.

2 - Not because of Mullen, because he's a MSU legacy. A coaching change won't affect that.

3 - You mean the guys that didn't get playing time? Or were playing out of position? Or were just flat out put in the wrong scheme? What makes you think he's going to use all of this talent effectively next year?

You're the one that doesn't have a grasp on reality. Most are seeing things for what they are at this point.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 01:37 PM
Watch that press conference from last night and then tell me again you want to give him another year. He completely failed last night and his response is to blame the media?! His indignant attitude is tiring after we're 9 - 7 for the past 16 games, he's not Belichick.

Dawgface
11-29-2015, 01:38 PM
He gets another year if he wants it. We aren't firing him......he's the one looking. Maybe you should get in touch with Mullen and have a talk with him. ;)

Coach007
11-29-2015, 01:42 PM
1 - Not going to happen under Mullen. He surrounds himself with his people.

2 - Not because of Mullen, because he's a MSU legacy. A coaching change won't affect that.

3 - You mean the guys that didn't get playing time? Or were playing out of position? Or were just flat out put in the wrong scheme? What makes you think he's going to use all of this talent effectively next year?

You're the one that doesn't have a grasp on reality. Most are seeing things for what they are at this point.

1- Mullen has made changes every year. Including hiring a guy that made Dak the passer he is.

2- not even sure what that means

3- Which players are we talking about? Shump? The guy that lost playing time because he wasn't great? Or are we talking about the younger guys that we all suspect will be great?

Coach007
11-29-2015, 01:44 PM
He gets another year if he wants it. We aren't firing him......he's the one looking. Maybe you should get in touch with Mullen and have a talk with him. ;)

That's his agents job. Would you want to have an agent not actively working the system to get you more or look out for your interests? Come on. You know you would.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 01:57 PM
1- Mullen has made changes every year. Including hiring a guy that made Dak the passer he is.

2- not even sure what that means

3- Which players are we talking about? Shump? The guy that lost playing time because he wasn't great? Or are we talking about the younger guys that we all suspect will be great?

1 - he makes changes every year because he can't keep a defensive coordinator on staff. My point was that he's not going to fire hevesy. He's not going to hire an offensive coordinator and give him playcalling duties. He's not going to hire a special teams coach. Those are the things that need to happen and they won't because he's loyal to his guys.

2 - reading is fundamental. We have a shot at Derrick Brown because his parents went to MSU. We'd have a shot at him if Croom were the coach.

3 - Holloway over Williams and Lee. Shump playing RB instead of LB. Dear in the slot. Donald Gray not being a bigger part of the offense. Zach Jackson at linebacker when we are otherwise deep with young talent there. Starting Warren over Jenkins for much of the year.

Coach34
11-29-2015, 01:59 PM
That's his agents job. Would you want to have an agent not actively working the system to get you more or look out for your interests? Come on. You know you would.

Mullen is almost assuredly gone. Give it up

GreenheadDawg
11-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Why the **** would we want a guy here that doesn't want to be. I just don't understand some of you. Grow a ****ing pair and move on. He's just not that into you

HoopsDawg
11-29-2015, 02:04 PM
How dense are you? We aren't firing Mullen. He wants to leave.

Coach007
11-29-2015, 02:08 PM
I'm speaking to the crowd that wants him fired. I'm perfectly ok with Mullen moving on! Fired for this season, I'm not.

LC Dawg
11-29-2015, 02:09 PM
We've always hated Ole Miss but Mullen came along and ratcheted up the hate. Then while we are all sitting in the stands with our dicks in our hands (or at the tent in my case) he is laughing when we failed to recover an onside kick to seal an ass kicking at home to our bitter rival. This is why he doesn't need to be our coach.

HoopsDawg
11-29-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm speaking to the crowd that wants him fired. I'm perfectly ok with Mullen moving on! Fired for this season, I'm not.

That's a completely pointless argument at this point.

Coach007
11-29-2015, 02:19 PM
That's a completely pointless argument at this point.

Do you have a valid source he wants out? No.... You don't. You have speculation. And it's been EVERY year that we have speculation.

Op4isabitch
11-29-2015, 02:25 PM

Sweet baby Jesus, you better be right on this Coach! If you're not I'm gonna cancel my subscription to Elitedawgs**

msumudcat
11-29-2015, 02:45 PM
Sweet baby Jesus, you better be right on this Coach! If you're not I'm gonna cancel my subscription to Elitedawgs**

Good Lord. Mullen deserves to get his ass fired. The players knew he was gone before the game and played like it. Ole Miss is just better. No true State fan should want him back. Your fake arrogant ass got exposed on the national stage. You rode the back of #15 Dan. Enjoy the ACC or Georgia. Good riddance. On a happier note, good to be with my brothers C34, I seen it, and preachermatt yesterday. C34 you were right I was wrong.

Coach007
11-29-2015, 02:46 PM
Good Lord. Mullen deserves to get his ass fired. The players knew he was gone before the game and played like it. Ole Miss is just better. No true State fan should want him back. Your fake arrogant ass got exposed on the national stage. You rode the back of #15 Dan. Enjoy the ACC or Georgia. Good riddance. On a happier note, good to be with my brothers C34, I seen it, and preachermatt yesterday. C34 you were right I was wrong.

Yeah... he told them.. LMAO!

msumudcat
11-29-2015, 03:01 PM
Yeah... he told them.. LMAO!

So "coach" you think our players are that stupid. I guess. Did you watch the freaking game? Did you see any fight in our coach or players. LMAO at you.

djaymsu5
11-29-2015, 03:03 PM

Coach I need some info. Where are you sources saying he ends up?

djaymsu5
11-29-2015, 03:08 PM
Or when for that matter. The quicker we can get his ass out the better. I'm sick of Mullen's shit. He's not going to change people. The only coach I wouldn't mind staying is Billy Gonzalez. He has done wonders for our receivers. The others suck. Townsend=garbage, Sallach=sucks.

Coach007
So "coach" you think our players are that stupid. I guess. Did you watch the freaking game? Did you see any fight in our coach or players. LMAO at you.

You are suggesting that a coach went in and told the players before the game! A game that Mullen needed to make him worth more to others! That makes sense doesn't it. Sabotage his OWN future!

Yes... if that WHOLE team allowed internet rumors to dictate how they play... YEP! I'm calling them stupid! But, that's not what happened....

coastratdog
C34 you were definitely certain CDM was gone this past week. Now you're only "almost assuredly" certain he's gone. I know this is your board but your rumor credibility is going to take a huge IT, I mean "hit" If he's here at the end of this week.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 03:09 PM
Do you have a valid source he wants out? No.... You don't. You have speculation. And it's been EVERY year that we have speculation.

We've got eyeballs, ears, and common sense. Mullen acted and sounded like a coach who was done yesterday. His name has been mentioned before, but never with the seeming frequency and urgency it has this year. And for the record, this is the first year I've ever thought he was gone. The only other time I was even semi-concerned was when Penn State was looking after O'Brien left. I think he's gone. Do I think it's Maryland? Doubt it. But if they're offering $5 mil plus as some are saying, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there.

And how the **** do you explain yesterday outside of the players knowing, or at least truly believing, that Mullen is gone? You are terrible.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 03:11 PM
C34 you were definitely certain CDM was gone this past week. Now you're only "almost assuredly" certain he's gone. I know this is your board but your rumor credibility is going to take a huge IT, I mean "hit" If he's here at the end of this week.

I see Geezer is back. You realize you're talking about semantics in how C34 phrased it, don't you?

Coach007
11-29-2015, 03:17 PM
We've got eyeballs, ears, and common sense. Mullen acted and sounded like a coach who was done yesterday. His name has been mentioned before, but never with the seeming frequency and urgency it has this year. And for the record, this is the first year I've ever thought he was gone. The only other time I was even semi-concerned was when Penn State was looking after O'Brien left. I think he's gone. Do I think it's Maryland? Doubt it. But if they're offering $5 mil plus as some are saying, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there.

And how the **** do you explain yesterday outside of the players knowing, or at least truly believing, that Mullen is gone? You are terrible.

Common sense would kind of say that with all of the openings that naturally his name would get shopped. Common Sense would be to hire an agent who did their job. Find out who wants me... find out how to get me more money. Common sense would be that as an agent, I get PAID based on getting my client more money. Therefore I'm going to whore him out a bit.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 03:31 PM
Common sense would kind of say that with all of the openings that naturally his name would get shopped. Common Sense would be to hire an agent who did their job. Find out who wants me... find out how to get me more money. Common sense would be that as an agent, I get PAID based on getting my client more money. Therefore I'm going to whore him out a bit.

If we give him a raise, we are the stupid, hillbilly trailer trash self-loathing fans that the national media portrays us as.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-29-2015, 03:32 PM
You are suggesting that a coach went in and told the players before the game! A game that Mullen needed to make him worth more to others! That makes sense doesn't it. Sabotage his OWN future!

Yes... if that WHOLE team allowed internet rumors to dictate how they play... YEP! I'm calling them stupid! But, that's not what happened....
I agree that I don't think he told them before the game, but I do think he told them at halftime. Towards the end of the halftime report, they went to John C in the locker room. He said it was very quiet and they had a normal halftime until Mullen met with only the players. John said something of the effect that we're not going to discuss what was said at this time.

Coach007
11-29-2015, 03:44 PM
I agree that I don't think he told them before the game, but I do think he told them at halftime. Towards the end of the halftime report, they went to John C in the locker room. He said it was very quiet and they had a normal halftime until Mullen met with only the players. John said something of the effect that we're not going to discuss what was said at this time.

No.. reports are now out that nothing has changed and in home visits are being set up.