Maryland doesn't want to wait and hires Durkin
Georgia doesn't hire Mullen
Mullen has to stay at State and get his ass whooped by Freezus another year

bluelightstar
11-29-2015, 01:04 PM
If he wants out that bad, UVA will still be open

cheewgumm
11-29-2015, 01:05 PM
Oh GOD no!!! I thought Mullen already accepted.

Quaoarsking
11-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Mullen staying is a good outcome for us.

The "We are M-State" scenario is Mullen leaves, we strike out on the good hires like Herman, Fritz, and Montgomery, and we end up with somebody like Lane Kiffin, Charlie Weis, or Randy Shannon.

I seen it dawg
11-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Stick with stats.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 01:08 PM
We are in the "We are M-State" scenario at this moment. Nothing else needs to happen, we're going to a shitty bowl game, can't beat our rival at home, and wasted the senior season of our greatest player in history.

WE ARE M-STATE.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2015, 01:10 PM
Mullen staying is a good outcome for us.

This! We don't have a coach-in-waiting and we don't have a sure fire upgrade on the hook.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Mullen puts off Maryland to try to get the Georgia job

This is what I have expected to happen all along. But I am hoping for a different outcome.

Blackout
11-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Having a coach that DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE is only bad bad bad

Think about how recruiting goes in this scenario..... Damn people at this point Mullen HAS to go

Dawgface
11-29-2015, 01:17 PM

Considering how long it has taken Mullen to sign our contract extensions, I can see it playing out this way.

TrapGame
11-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Having a coach that DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE is only bad bad bad

Think about how recruiting goes in this scenario..... Damn people at this point Mullen HAS to go

Thank you!!!!

Mullen doesn't want to be here! And UGA doesn't want Mullen. He can't even beat Bama once in 7 yrs. Freeze has a better chance at UGA than Mullen.

Fred Garvin
11-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Maryland doesn't want to wait and hires

Does Mullen seriously think that UGA would hire him? I've got to think part of the rationale for firing Richt was his inability to Bama.

Coach34
11-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Mullen can't stay at this point- he will get hammered in recruiting for it.

PassInterference
11-29-2015, 01:21 PM
Some of you reading this have something do with crootin or know people that do. How about we get our damn act together on that?

Mullen staying isn't the worst that could happen. Hiring Mark Richt is. Good awe shucks nice Christian man and great character example for our players. Sly Croom II might be overstating it. But he is more character than coach. I like character, but not as a substitute for coaching.

I'd like a better crooter/coaching combo HC too. But ask Florida, Tennessee, Nebraska, Texas, and Auburn if money to hire a HC is all it takes. We could do a LOT worse than Mullen.

PassInterference
11-29-2015, 01:22 PM
And talk of Mullen screwing up his own job search is laughable. As on-the-ball as his agent is with presenting him every available opportunity every year, I think he is well informed.

Political Hack
11-29-2015, 01:25 PM
This! We don't have a coach-in-waiting and we don't have a sure fire upgrade on the hook.

I think we have an upgrade ready to crawl to Starkville, but I don't expect Strick to make the right decision should it be necessary to hire someone else

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 01:27 PM
I think we have an upgrade ready to crawl to Starkville, but I don't expect Strick to make the right decision should it be necessary to hire someone else

I don't think your upgrade can recruit in MS/AL/GA though. That's my big concern... if we bring in a great coach and he can't recruit we're back to square one.

Dawgface
11-29-2015, 01:28 PM

Perhaps the money guys will step in and tell him who to hire as done with Howland. We can only hope.

Really Clark?
11-29-2015, 01:28 PM
Does Mullen seriously think that UGA would hire him? I've got to think part of the rationale for firing Richt was his inability to Bama.

Georgia didn't get rid of Richt because of Bama. They have only played each other 4 or 5 times while Richt has been there.

Blackout
11-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Mullen can't stay at this point- he will get hammered in recruiting for it.

Exactly right.. As if he already isn't getting hammered in Crootin

Brown and Simmons lol yeah right

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 01:32 PM
Georgia didn't get rid of Richt because of Bama. They have only played each other 4 or 5 times while Richt has been there.

They got rid of Richt because he underwhelms every year. After a while, 9-3 and 8-4 doesn't cut it, especially when you factor in how mediocre the SECE has been recently.

Mullen has had similar results. The only difference between the two is that Richt recruits at an elite level.

Fred Garvin
11-29-2015, 01:33 PM

What makes you say that? Other than RR, his hires have been pretty damn good?

Noxdog
11-29-2015, 01:35 PM

Forgive me but I don't remember who you are referencing?

Care to elaborate?

t45fixer
11-29-2015, 01:38 PM
I say pull the trigger on Mullen. Tell him thanks but no thanks.

Really Clark?
11-29-2015, 01:40 PM
They got rid of Richt because he underwhelms every year. After a while, 9-3 and 8-4 doesn't cut it, especially when you factor in how mediocre the SECE has been recently.

Mullen has had similar results. The only difference between the two is that Richt recruits at an elite level.

That has nothing to do with what I posted and what was alluded to by the other post. He was talking about Richt's loss to Bama as being a reason he was fired. They haven't even played enough for that to be the reason. I will tell you what Mullen has done much better than Richt. Win the games he is suppose to win. Richt has had several bad losses over the years to teams he should have beat handily. But again that had nothing to do with my post or the post I responded to.

HSVDawg
11-29-2015, 01:56 PM

Not exactly. UGA and Bama only play each other once every 7 years or so under the current scheduling format. Richt was fired because he hasn't won the East or contended for a national title in the past 4 years, despite the East being the weakest its been in some time.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 02:07 PM
That has nothing to do with what I posted and what was alluded to by the other post. He was talking about Richt's loss to Bama as being a reason he was fired. They haven't even played enough for that to be the reason. I will tell you what Mullen has done much better than Richt. Win the games he is suppose to win. Richt has had several bad losses over the years to teams he should have beat handily. But again that had nothing to do with my post or the post I responded to.

I wasn't correcting you. I was correcting the other poster. He wasn't fired for not beating Bama. He was fired for consistently underperforming in a mediocre SEC East. But to say Mullen has done much better than Richt is beyond retarded.

Really Clark?
11-29-2015, 02:16 PM
I wasn't correcting you. I was correcting the other poster. He wasn't fired for not beating Bama. He was fired for consistently underperforming in a mediocre SEC East. But to say Mullen has done much better than Richt is beyond retarded.

Well you replied to my post. And I said he has done much better at beating the team's he was suppose to beat. Richt has had several losses to teams he shouldn't have over the years. Dan at least was consistant in that regard and better.

PMDawg
11-29-2015, 02:23 PM
Herman is the only possibility that keeps us from taking a step back. Coached under Urban, runs similar offense with similar QBs. However, he is in high demand so we may not be a player for him. This could end badly for us.