PDA

View Full Version : Can we beat bama???

pdawg10msu
08-02-2013, 03:03 PM
I was studying our schedule and i got to Alabama(which is the state I live in and I absoutely hate there fans, anyway) it made me think, do we have a legit chance to beat them? I feel like this is the best team we have had under Mullen and the depth is well.... deep. Whats yalls take?

CadaverDawg
08-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Never say never, but highly unlikely.

pdawg10msu
08-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Never say never, but highly unlikely.

lol i can dream right?

WeWillScrewItUp
08-02-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm with CD on this one. I hope like hell our boys prove me wrong come Nov. 16 though.

TUSK
08-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Sure... it's possible...

If Bama were to have a big letdown (after the LSU game), turn the ball over... and give up big plays (which we tend to do)... (See '12 Tx A&M v Bama)

Also, MSU would have to play above their talent level.

That being said, the game will likely be similar to the last 4-5 games... The talent disparity is too great IMO...

I was studying our schedule and i got to Alabama(which is the state I live in and I absoutely hate there fans, anyway) it made me think, do we have a legit chance to beat them? I feel like this is the best team we have had under Mullen and the depth is well.... deep. Whats yalls take?

CJDAWG85
08-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Not likely... but the coaches have to develop a better game plan to get in the endzone... If we are going to beat Bama, then we have to score more than 10

MarketingBully01
08-02-2013, 04:22 PM
It's very interesting. We moved it very well with our second string playing against theirs. It really depends on some factors though. If McCarron plays poorly like he did against Ole Miss last year, we would have a chance. He played his best game against us. Not sure how much we score but if we can run and keep it low scoring, we have a shot.

Dawg61
08-02-2013, 04:40 PM
No. Not this year. Zero chance of beating Bama.

bocfarm
08-02-2013, 04:53 PM
0.001% chance against Bama. They literally could of named the score last yr. what our second string did against their 2nd-3rd string in the 4 qrt is irrelevant.

Will James
No. Not this year. Zero chance of beating Bama.

Disagree, if our D Line can force a turnover or two, anything can happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz_rrT3lyE4

Todd4State
With it being in Starkville, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's a lot closer than people think. For us to win, Tyler is going to have to play his best game ever probably. Similar to Derrick Taite in 1996.

Dawg61
08-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Wow thanks for posting that. That was such an awesome moment going into the half up a point instead of being down 13.

Coach34
08-02-2013, 05:33 PM
If we are going to beat them, it will be in Sville. Their OL won't be as good, our DL will be improved...we will be more physical with them- but in the end they will be too much.

Django_DB
08-02-2013, 05:44 PM
We can beat them. They aren't invincible .

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 05:55 PM
I think the score will be much closer than it was last season. 17-7 Bama. It will be 14-7 until late in the fourth. Bama takes on a late field goal to seal the deal. But, I think it will also be 14-0 at the half. We come out, put 7 on the board. Bama ends it toward the end with the three.

FlabLoser
08-02-2013, 06:01 PM
It would be really hard, but we can beat them.

I defy anybody to tell me why we can't do what SC did to them a few years ago. We play a near perfect game with key guys playing over their heads and Bama isn't 100% sharp, we can beat them. We are as good as the SC team that beat them.

Dawg61
08-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I want to beat Bama BAD but why allow yourself the small belief it will happen just to be disappointed all over again? It ain't 17in happening. I'll save my glimmers of hope for the OSU and LSU games. When you temper your expectations you end up enjoying a 7-5 season instead of being disappointed in one. If we beat the 4 we are supposed to and beat AU, Arkansas and UOM I will be THRILLED with this season. 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC ain't too shabby.

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 06:12 PM
I want to beat Bama BAD but why allow yourself the small belief it will happen just to be disappointed all over again? It ain't 17in happening. I'll save my glimmers of hope for the OSU and LSU games. When you temper your expectations you end up enjoying a 7-5 season instead of being disappointed in one. If we beat the 4 we are supposed to and beat AU, Arkansas and UOM I will be THRILLED with this season. 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC ain't too shabby.

I want Mullen to focus on two games this season: LSU and OM. It's time to get that giant corndog off of our backs. And I will be thrilled to see the Egg come home.

NorCalDawg
08-02-2013, 08:21 PM
I believe.**

Jack Lambert
08-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Sure... it's possible...

If Bama were to have a big letdown (after the LSU game), turn the ball over... and give up big plays (which we tend to do)... (See '12 Tx A&M v Bama)

Also, MSU would have to play above their talent level.

That being said, the game will likely be similar to the last 4-5 games... The talent disparity is too great IMO...

Maybe if we planted sever pounds of pot in every locker and call the DEA.

Raytoraid83
08-02-2013, 09:08 PM

#WEBELIEVE (no)