PDA

View Full Version : For those in the know

MetEdDawg
11-29-2015, 12:51 PM
If you can comment on it, which Mullen to wherever rumors have been true and which ones have been false over the past 3-4 years? Which ones can we actually confirm where there was either an interview, contact from another school, or mutually expressed interest? I ask because I know some of this is media trying to play successful coaches to good coaching jobs. But how much was actually legit and how much was false?

defiantdog
11-29-2015, 12:53 PM
If you can comment on it, which Mullen to wherever rumors have been true and which ones have been false over the past 3-4 years? Which ones can we actually confirm where there was either an interview, contact from another school, or mutually expressed interest? I ask because I know some of this is media trying to play successful coaches to good coaching jobs. But how much was actually legit and how much was false?
His agent is always in talks. The only one his agent became proactive with was Miami a while back. His agent is in talks with a few schools now, but the money has to be right. Georgia may be an option still, but they may attempt to go bigger.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 12:58 PM
His agent is always in talks. The only one his agent became proactive with was Miami a while back. His agent is in talks with a few schools now, but the money has to be right. Georgia may be an option still, but they may attempt to go bigger.

Georgia will not hire Mullen. I don't see him being in their top three.

Mullen's agent shops his name every offseason. He collects info, and presents it to Mullen and lets him decide what to do with it. He could have left a couple of times previously, but chose to stick around. All these reports of Mullen expressing interest "at every open job" are silly. That's what his agent does, and he does it every year. I don't buy the Mullen to Maryland chatter because it does not make sense in any way: the dollars, the program, none of it. But I am hoping that it is true because it's time to move on and he ain't getting fired.

Really Clark?
11-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Georgia will not hire Mullen. I don't see him being in their top three.

Mullen's agent shops his name every offseason. He collects info, and presents it to Mullen and lets him decide what to do with it. He could have left a couple of times previously, but chose to stick around. All these reports of Mullen expressing interest "at every open job" are silly. That's what his agent does, and he does it every year. I don't buy the Mullen to Maryland chatter because it does not make sense in any way: the dollars, the program, none of it. But I am hoping that it is true because it's time to move on and he ain't getting fired.

http://footballscoop.com/news/georgia-has-fired-mark-richt/

He is in their top 3. McGarity likes Dan and has for while.

Blackout
11-29-2015, 01:07 PM
For those in the know can you tell me why our cigar boys are so inept?????

basedog
11-29-2015, 01:10 PM
Firing a coach with 145 wins and 51 losses. Wow. Tough place indeed. Can't see Mullen to Georgia.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 01:10 PM
http://footballscoop.com/news/georgia-has-fired-mark-richt/

He is in their top 3. McGarity likes Dan and has for while.

I'm not going to believe football scoop. Dan Mullen is a known quantity to Georgia.

Tough Dawg
11-29-2015, 01:16 PM
UGA 60%
Maryland 30%
MSU 10%

Really Clark?
11-29-2015, 01:17 PM
I'm not going to believe football scoop. Dan Mullen is a known quantity to Georgia.

Believe it or not but McGarity and Mullen have a connection from Florida days and he likes Mullen. Not saying it is who he will hire but he is one of the top coaches on his list. Still think Smart may be the guy but Mullen has a track record of winning at a good percentage above the schools historic percentages (very big deal), running a very clean program with very good graduation rates (another big plus), and helped lead us to building fantastic facilities and stadium expansion. It's about the whole program and Mullen checks off a lot of boxes that AD's look at. Now it just depends on how he looks at the wins and losses. Does he look at it like Mullen did a lot more with less talent or did he just do what he is capable? Perspective from that AD that we don't know.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 01:18 PM
For those in the know can you tell me why our cigar boys are so inept?????

I think they are more into basketball for whatever reason.

Political Hack
11-29-2015, 01:21 PM
Michigan, Minnesota, Miami were all legit. Don't know about the rest.

djaymsu5
11-29-2015, 01:22 PM
I would love to have Mark Richt. I think he could start over here with some new fire and bring a lot of his commits with him and get us a better defense and I wouldn't mind running some ground and pound football and having a RB in the heisman race every year. This could be huge for us. That is if Mullen leaves of course.

Political Hack
11-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Apparently Mullen likes schools that start with M.

32 Dive
11-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Richt isn't recruiting top 5 classes at anywhere besides UGA. Think about that, for a minute...

Political Hack
11-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Richt isn't recruiting top 5 classes at anywhere besides UGA. Think about that, for a minute...

True, but depending on how well it was managed it could result in some strong classes. He could really open up GA and FL for us and we already have great pipelines from AL, LA, and TX. That would be a strong regional footprint.

Tough Dawg
11-29-2015, 04:09 PM
Updated:

UGA 60%
MSU 40%