PDA

View Full Version : WMD's AC QB: Nuclear Meltdown Edition

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Peeps, the Nuclear Meltdown Edition of AC QB is a go (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2015/11/29/9813294/wmd-armchair-qb-nuclear-meltdown-edition-msu-bulldogs-ole-miss-rebels-dan-mullen) at FWTCT. It's a can't miss, if I do say so myself. Let me know what you think.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 12:53 PM
"He's a risk averse clown who can't win the big one. But what really pisses me off is that he quit on the team. Down 21-0 and he decides to kick a FG. What. The. HELL. If it wasn't already clear enough, the game was over at that point."

REAL FANS everywhere approve. ** Seriously, 100% agree with everything you wrote.

cbrunt29
11-29-2015, 01:57 PM
I agree with pretty much everything.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Second page bump. This edition is generating a whole lot of heat.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-29-2015, 04:36 PM
I'm no expert, but I saw we weren't going to challenge for the west this year. My most frustrating thing that you discussed is the lack of a running game, the inability to tackle, and playing extremely soft and timid.

shoeless joe
11-29-2015, 04:39 PM
"He's a risk averse clown who can't win the big one. But what really pisses me off is that he quit on the team. Down 21-0 and he decides to kick a FG. What. The. HELL. If it wasn't already clear enough, the game was over at that point."

REAL FANS everywhere approve. ** Seriously, 100% agree with everything you wrote.

Kicking the field goal was the rite call. Dak running on 3rd and 9 was a dumbass call.

MarketingBully
11-29-2015, 04:57 PM
I think there were four plays that made that game. 1) the Dak fumble where he carelessly was carrying the ball (should have two arms on it instead of carrying it like a loaf of bread), 2) the Dak pick six, 3) the Kelly near miss interception that should have been a pick six that Peters flat out missed and Treadwell caught, and 4) the Kelly fumble that our guy should have just fell on instead of trying to pick it up. If those plays go the other way, we win the ball game. It wasn't as big a blow out as it looked but once again we didn't make plays when they needed to be made. With that said, we played like we knew Mullen wanted out of Mississippi so I think there is validity to what Coach34 has been saying with Mullen putting his name out there. I guess that is the most disappointing thing to me is that Mullen wants out even though we have given him everything he could possibly have wanted.

DanDority
11-29-2015, 04:58 PM
WMD, that was an EXCELLENT write! I agree with all of it. What do you think about giving Munken a look?

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 08:24 PM
WMD, that was an EXCELLENT write! I agree with all of it. What do you think about giving Munken a look?

He'd be on my list, but not near the top. Like I said, I'd courtesy call Dabo & Chip Kelly, just because you never really know. Then I'd move on to Montgomery as my top choice. Whittingham, Fedora, and Herman round out the top tier. Basically, I want a wide open offensive guy.

the59dawg
11-29-2015, 11:04 PM
Kicking the field goal was the rite call. Dak running on 3rd and 9 was a dumbass call.

Right on answer. Holloway has a cob up his butt.

War Machine Dawg
11-30-2015, 12:07 AM

No. No it wasn't. It was quitting. Period. Down 3 TDs and your D has shown ZERO signs of stopping their offense. What part of that makes anyone with a functioning brain think "We'll get back in this with just 3 points here?" You know what happened next? We kicked off and they marched the ball right down the field for another TD without breaking a sweat. 28-3. What's the difference in 28-3 and 28-0? None, so far as I am concerned.

SDDawg
11-30-2015, 12:18 AM
No. No it wasn't. It was quitting. Period. Down 3 TDs and your D has shown ZERO signs of stopping their offense. What part of that makes anyone with a functioning brain think "We'll get back in this with just 3 points here?" You know what happened next? We kicked off and they marched the ball right down the field for another TD without breaking a sweat. 28-3. What's the difference in 28-3 and 28-0? None, so far as I am concerned.

A TD there would have cut it to a 2 TD deficit and would have been huge for momentum. I agree that going for the TD there was the right play when down so big, so early. That's learning from the Bama game last year, we cannot dig out of holes that big. Have to fight back and get more aggressive.

TimberBeast
11-30-2015, 12:21 AM

It was the right call because with our play calling inside the 20 there was no way we get a TD there. We have to put something on the board, and there was zero chance we were getting in the end zone. It was the right call but for all the wrong reasons.

bluelightstar
11-30-2015, 12:23 AM
It was the right call because with our play calling inside the 20 there was no way we get a TD there. We have to put something on the board, and there was zero chance we were getting in the end zone. It was the right call but for all the wrong reasons.

The problem is that our 3rd down call (after the false start) only made sense if you somehow thought you were going for it on 4th down.