PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Freezus Owns Mullen Edition

Coach34
11-29-2015, 12:31 PM
1. No other way to say it- Freezus owns Mullen. Freezus gets his guys up for big games- Mullen just cant. Has happened time and again. Its not even disputable at this point. Dansbury got taken to school.

2. Just last week- I talked about how we should run the counter like OM does to help our run game. What do ya know? We ran the Counter last nite for the first time all season.

3. After the Missouri game- I said that I thought we should move Malone to OT and insert Calhoun into the line-up. What did we do in the 2nd half after that 1st half abortion we watched? We put Malone at OT and inserted Calhoun at OG. We may have done this because Senior was hurting- but Senior came back in the 2nd half when we went to our goalline package- so he wasnt too hurt to play.

4. Dakota? a fumble on the opening drive and a Pick-6 in the 1st Quarter. Chris Jones? 1 assisted tackle. Virtually non-existent. AJ and Ry Brown were totally neutralized. Cleveland? Was so bad we had to put in Jiles- who played better. Coman- holy shit he was awful.

5. You cant call yourself a developmental program-having an OL like that. 2 5th year starters, 2 4th year starts, and the Center in his 3rd year- and be that bad. Thats been our OL this year. Regardless of starts coming into the season- when you put veterans out there like that- you should be better. Either you havent recruited worth a damn- and you suck as an OL coach.

6. We cant get a young RB ready to play in our system for almost 2 years. Another college coach was asked about this week- and he said it takes about 2 weeks to get a RB ready. I dont understand with the problems at RB why we have done what we have done.

7. My greatest strength as a coach was being able to identify where a player should be on the field. I'm borderline NFL-level on that. Of course I had weaknesses and such- but I can damn well see where people need to play. Like Prescott- I watched him in HS and still wonder how in the **** Les Miles saw a TE? But anyway- I look at our team and see guys out of position. Shumpert has been wasted at RB- he would have been much better than Jackson at LB. All you have to do is watch him on ST's to see that. Cleveland is a Safety- not CB. Average speed and will hit you. Good instincts- he is a Safety- not CB. Gerri Green is a DE. He doesnt have the natural instincts like the Browns do. He has more talent than both- but not the instincts- he is a DE. Put him there and watch him become a rich man in 2 years. Why is Dear at Slot? He is a perfect RB that can catch a ton of passes out of the backfield. He is not a damn slot guy. Ross and Myles are slot guys. Quit playing him at slot and give him 10-12 carries at RB- and we would have been alot better this year. Malone is an OT- not an OG. Calhoun is a beast- why not bite the bullet and play him- so that he is one of your best linemen the 2nd half of the season?? I just dont get why we did some of the things we did.

8. Manny got worn out the last 2 games this year. Absolute dogshit. Not much else to say. Allowing them to rush for over 200 yards is a joke. You literally took nothing away that they do well.

9. Suck it up boys- gonna be a long year dealing with them. Nothing we can say.

10. Goodbye Dansbury. Thank you for making our program better- overall you did a good job at State. Last night's turd though was an awful way to go out. Dont forget to take Hev's ass with you.

TrapGame
11-29-2015, 12:38 PM
I guess Manny was working the phones last week knowing Dan had packed it in. We played like every coach and grad student was leaving for another school.

shoeless joe
11-29-2015, 12:41 PM
Agree with everything...although the second sentence in #7 gave me a good laugh.

Dawgfan77
11-29-2015, 12:44 PM
Coach what are the % dan is gone?? Judging by how we played I would say he mailed it in

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 12:46 PM
He is what we thought he was: beats teams he's supposed to beat, loses to teams he's supposed to lose to. Outside of his W/L record with some cream puff scheduling during a few of those years, he was terrible. We're going to have a rough 2016.

gtowndawg
11-29-2015, 12:47 PM
And how can a player be really up for a game when you are wondering all week who your coach will be next year. They were set up to fail and that's what ticks me off.

NCDawg
11-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Pretty accurate summation, especially number 5. And I have no doubt he will take Hev's ass wherever he goes. They're like peas in a pod.

Sacrifice
11-29-2015, 12:51 PM
What's the odds of Mullen staying and nothing changing?

beretta
11-29-2015, 12:51 PM
i agree on all accounts.....but i can't figure out why so many of our fans didn't see this coming? .....Im not nostradamous, but i was glad when diaz left for texas, and was mad as hell when dan brought him back....all it takes is a few good playmakers to get through the final wall.....guess what bama and ole miss have? playmakers on offense and coaches who know how to use them....

freeze outcoaches and out recruits mullen.....i think dan knows it and he's grown tired of it....i also think he knows next year is 5-7 and programs won't be offering 33 mill over six years guarateed....

I don't blame him....where is chad morris in all this discussion? I know he is struggling at smu, but he didn't forget how to coach in one stint....

Coach34
11-29-2015, 12:55 PM
I think he is 100% gone

The Lord Humongous
11-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Pretty much every other program after him wanted him at LB or SS. We did too. I thought we were smart to recruit him at RB to secure him. Not moving him to safety or LB and particularly not convincing him it's the right move by now is my biggest concern. Move him already.

Sacrifice
11-29-2015, 01:06 PM
I think he is 100% gone

Great! I have no ill will toward Mullen, just like you said in point #10 he's brought our program to respectability. It looks to me like he's ready for a new challenge. If he does leave, he'll leave us a hell of a lot better than he found us.

HoopsDawg
11-29-2015, 01:14 PM
What's the odds of Mullen staying and nothing changing?

The only two coaches I hope are retained are Tony Hughes and David Turner.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 01:30 PM
The only two coaches I hope are retained are Tony Hughes and David Turner.

No. Just no. I'd much rather keep Gonzalez and Johnson. Go get the Ogre or Brick Haley to coach DL. Hell, make either of them DC.

PassInterference
11-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Philip Montgomery, HC and OC
Ogre DC
Haley DL and Co-DC
Keep Gonzo, Johnson, Turner, Townsend, and Hughes. If we step up on assistant money, we may be able to keep them all.

IMissJack
11-29-2015, 01:38 PM
If he does leave, he'll leave us a hell of a lot better than he found us.

Not at OL or RB.

Coach34
11-29-2015, 01:46 PM
New coach gonna pick a mostly new staff. Hughes is only must keep

Statefan
11-29-2015, 01:52 PM
I would think Mullen is going to take Hevesy, Sallach, Gonzales, Johnson with him if they want to go

PendingTransaction
11-29-2015, 01:55 PM
Hughes has a lot of SEC and State retirement time. I think he will move on. He might be interested in a in-state HC job. He might even retire and go preach at his church in Hattiesburg. He would be a nice keep for in-state recruiting.

Coach, it was good to talk with you in the SB Club yesterday. You noticed ED on my phone.

Coach34
11-29-2015, 03:44 PM
Ha- thanks PT. Always good to put a face with the poster. Thanks for being part of the board

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 03:48 PM
If we lose Mullen and Hughes in the next two weeks, we will be royally screwed for 2016. 'preciate ya Danno.

Drugdog
11-29-2015, 04:51 PM
Coach, I love your posts and points. I don't see the things you do. I like the insight.
Thanks for the board and posts. keep us updated as things unfold.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Borderline NFL? Ok. LOL.

WinningIsRelentless
11-29-2015, 06:54 PM
The damn problem with the run d is that damn Richie Brown has no business playing inside. I haven't seen him take on a blocker and slide off and make a play all year. He is a damn fullback trying to play mlb.

smootness
11-29-2015, 08:20 PM
Hahahaha

mic
11-29-2015, 08:35 PM
U
The damn problem with the run d is that damn Richie Brown has no business playing inside. I haven't seen him take on a blocker and slide off and make a play all year. He is a damn fullback trying to play mlb.

Well I hope you don't watch The NFL because you are going to see a "fullback" playing LB there soon...

Coach34
11-29-2015, 08:51 PM
Richie is projected as a top 3 round draft pick in 2017

WinningIsRelentless
11-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Mark my word he will not be a top 3 round pick.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
11-29-2015, 09:50 PM
"Borderline NFL level?" I agree with some of your points, but arrogant comments like that make it seem like you would have fit in well at northern miss. You may very well be, but making sure to point it out is pretty black bear like. Carry on though.