PDA

View Full Version : If I was an OM fan....

UMCDawg16
11-29-2015, 12:24 PM
I'd be pretty pissed right now. In a year you beat Bama, Auburn, LSU, State and A&M, you STILL don't make it to the Atlanta. The 2013 class is about to leave, this was your best chance ever and it still didn't work out. This season will be talked about for years by the Bears

Sure, beating your instate rival on the road is great and a Suger Bowl would be awesome, but that's not what that 2013 class was brought in for. Hell, we went to the Orange Bowl with a bunch of 3 Stars.

This isn't sour grapes. They beat our tails last night and deserved the outcome but if I'm them I'm thinking about what could've been.

I seen it dawg
11-29-2015, 12:35 PM
I'd suck start a shotgun

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 12:36 PM
I'd be pretty pissed right now. In a year you beat Bama, Auburn, LSU, State and A&M, you STILL don't make it to the Atlanta. The 2013 class is about to leave, this was your best chance ever and it still didn't work out. This season will be talked about for years by the Bears

Sure, beating your instate rival on the road is great and a Suger Bowl would be awesome, but that's not what that 2013 class was brought in for. Hell, we went to the Orange Bowl with a bunch of 3 Stars.

This isn't sour grapes. They beat our tails last night and deserved the outcome but if I'm them I'm thinking about what could've been.

I envy you man, I really do. Wish I could see it this way. All I see is them going to the Sugar Bowl, riding high on great recruiting and owning all 3 of their major rivals right now. I'll bet they feel pretty damned good.

PassInterference
11-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Some say OM is a fluke Arkansas away from winning the SECW.

It is also true they are a fluke play or two (against Bama) from finishing the SECW even with us.

Anyway the Sugar Bowl is the battle of the Bears. Baylor will beat the brakes off Ole Miss 78-55.

UMCDawg16
11-29-2015, 12:39 PM
I envy you man, I really do. Wish I could see it this way. All I see is them going to the Sugar Bowl, riding high on great recruiting and owning all 3 of their major rivals right now. I'll bet they feel pretty damned good.

They feel good NOW, as they should, but in 3-4 months when they look back on this year, they will think about what could've been.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2015, 12:41 PM
If Mullen leaves, it will be 2003 all over again.

Star QB and methodically recruited OL matures.
They lost to Memphis. Beat State (with white helmets) in Starkville. But one game short of Atlanta.

defiantdog
11-29-2015, 12:42 PM
OM blew us out at home with our best QB ever under center. Why should they be pissed again?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2015, 12:42 PM
They feel good NOW, as they should, but in 3-4 months when they look back on this year, they will think about what could've been.

In 3-4 months they will be punching their collective clowns to their 2016 recruiting class.

UMCDawg16
11-29-2015, 12:48 PM
OM blew us out at home with our best QB ever under center. Why should they be pissed again?

Ok so Dak is the best QB ever, but his was also one of the worst OL in my memory. He had no chance against talented teams this year and OM was one.

In 10 years, if OM doesn't get to Atlanta until then, they won't think about an egg bowl win, they will think about going 5-1 in the SEC West and not playing for a Championship. That's my point.

defiantdog
11-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Ok so Dak is the best QB ever, but his was also one of the worst OL in my memory. He had no chance against talented teams this year and OM was one.

In 10 years, if OM doesn't get to Atlanta until then, they won't think about an egg bowl win, they will think about going 5-1 in the SEC West and not playing for a Championship. That's my point.

Doesn't matter..... They own us and are proud to go to the sugar bowl. They still beat Bama two years in a row..... We didn't come close.

UMCDawg16
11-29-2015, 12:53 PM
Doesn't matter..... They own us and are proud to go to the sugar bowl. They still beat Bama two years in a row..... We didn't come close.

Would you rather own your rival or go to Atalanta? You're still too emotional after this loss to see what I'm talking about. And when their emotions calm down, that's what they will be thinking. That is, unless they are satisfied with not playing for a Championship.

bluelightstar
11-29-2015, 12:54 PM
This is ludicrous -- their 2015 season can be considered nothing but a success.

UMCDawg16
11-29-2015, 12:58 PM
This is ludicrous -- their 2015 season can be considered nothing but a success.

Let me ask you this. If we went 5-1 in the West, and beat OM, would you be happy with not going to Atlanta? I for one wouldn't but maybe I have higher aspirations than most on this board.

UMCDawg16
11-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Winning the egg bowl isn't everything to me. Playing for an SEC championship is.

bluelightstar
11-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Let me ask you this. If we went 5-1 in the West, and beat OM, would you be happy with not going to Atlanta? I for one wouldn't but maybe I have higher aspirations than most on this board.

I'd be disappointed -- but I would have a hard time being unhappy about a season where we beat LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M, and Mississippi and played in the Sugar Bowl.

UMCDawg16
11-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Even when I think about last year for us, 10 wins, Orange Bowl, #1 ranking. But in all that we didn't get to Atlanta. Sure I'm "happy" about that season, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking about that could've been and that pisses me off. That's what they will be thinking in a few months. A fan base or team can't be satisfied with anything less than the goal or they will never reach that goal.

LC Dawg
11-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Ole Miss had a really good 2013 recruiting class. Bama has a great recruiting class every year. Bama wins the West more times than not. As long as Saban is at Bama 9-3 and a Sugar Bowl is a damn fine season. I'd trade places with them right now and enjoy my time in New Orleans.