PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe some of the things I read .......

basedog
11-29-2015, 12:15 PM
What kind of fan are some of you folks who say crap like, "I hope we lose the bowl game, I could care less if we go to a bowl game......"

Yes we got out coached, out played and looked un prepared to start the game but for the players who will be back next year I'm glad they will be go bowling and getting rewarded, hey I can't help that some of you are butt hurt and want travel but damn you suck as for as attitude toward Mississippi State.

Get over yourself, Msu will survive with or without Dan Mullen and we shall find out quickly if he will be back but I'm glad we get to go bowling and I'm happy as hell for the players!

Bunch of idiots to hate on Msu (and yes some have) and even Dan Mullen, hell he didn't take your girl friend away!

Lastly, if he moves on good for him as he will be only the 3rd coach in our history that want go down in the "graveyard for Coaches at Msu". Darryl Royal, Murray Womack and maybe Dan Mullen only ones to survive.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 12:21 PM
I will clarify my comments- I'm glad the players get to go to a bowl game. I wish the coaches were forced to stay home though. Dan probably won't be there so maybe I'll feel better (for a minute) after he leaves...

People are frustrated and it sucks, but the kids that worked hard this year should have fun and have a nice bowl. I hope there is some leadership in that locker room following last night's complete and utter failure though.

Coach34
11-29-2015, 12:39 PM
What kind of fan are some of you folks who say crap like, "I hope we lose the bowl game, I could care less if we go to a bowl game......"

Yes we got out coached, out played and looked un prepared to start the game but for the players who will be back next year I'm glad they will be go bowling and getting rewarded, hey I can't help that some of you are butt hurt and want travel but damn you suck as for as attitude toward Mississippi State.

Get over yourself, Msu will survive with or without Dan Mullen and we shall find out quickly if he will be back but I'm glad we get to go bowling and I'm happy as hell for the players!

Bunch of idiots to hate on Msu (and yes some have) and even Dan Mullen, hell he didn't take your girl friend away!

Lastly, if he moves on good for him as he will be only the 3rd coach in our history that want go down in the "graveyard for Coaches at Msu". Darryl Royal, Murray Womack and maybe Dan Mullen only ones to survive.

You still maintaining I dont have any sources and Mullen isnt looking to leave State???

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2015, 01:09 PM
That and may I add......"Mullen has quit.."

"Players didn't want it...". ...etc.

That's dumbass logic.

basedog
11-29-2015, 01:15 PM
You still maintaining I dont have any sources and Mullen isnt looking to leave State???

What has my post have to do with what you are asking me? Since you asked, my point has been his agent is doing his job for options. I have not a clue what Mullen is thinking right now, also go read my second paragraph, I think it sums up a lot.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 01:15 PM
That and may I add......"Mullen has quit.."

"Players didn't want it...". ...etc.

That's dumbass logic.

You missed Mullen's press conference then. He basically said "I finished better than you guys said I would, so screw you. I'm fine with it." If that's not quitting I don't know what is...

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 02:58 PM
I guess its all in the way people perceive things, I just took it that he was trying leave it on a positive note, that we were picked last and had a chance to have a 9 win season, wound up 8-4 and going to a bowl, a lot of Sec teams are not.

I guess you want him to say that we had a terrible year, the players gave in, and the coaches don't know what the F*** they are doing. That would leave a real pleasant way to start next season.

I don't know if you know anything or not, but for the life of me, I can't see where Dan would be unhappy here. If its because he doesn't think he can recruit players here, why would he think he could somewhere else?

Its going to be interesting the next few days, I just hope he doesn't read these message boards.

And for the record, I don't think your cute little nickname Danbury is appropriate. Are you just trying to rehash your infamous Standbury, Its a pretty pitiful claim to fame if you ask me. Just for the record you didn't have a damm thing to do with his leaving, but I think you think so.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-29-2015, 03:01 PM
I guess its all in the way people perceive things, I just took it that he was trying leave it on a positive note, that we were picked last and had a chance to have a 9 win season, wound up 8-4 and going to a bowl, a lot of Sec teams are not.

I guess you want him to say that we had a terrible year, the players gave in, and the coaches don't know what the F*** they are doing. That would leave a real pleasant way to start next season.

I don't know if you know anything or not, but for the life of me, I can't see where Dan would be unhappy here. If its because he doesn't think he can recruit players here, why would he think he could somewhere else?

Its going to be interesting the next few days, I just hope he doesn't read these message boards.

I can understand his frustration with our management of compliance. He's gotten burned time and time again on eligibility decisions and he's fighting a losing battle with the way other teams in our area operate.

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 03:05 PM
I can understand his frustration with our management of compliance. He's gotten burned time and time again on eligibility decisions and he's fighting a losing battle with the way other teams in our area operate.

I don't think that was intended for me, but I am in total agreement with that frustration, I am as well.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 03:15 PM
I don't think that was intended for me, but I am in total agreement with that frustration, I am as well.

You're a money guy. Why can't all of you get on the same page, apply the appropriate pressure to Dr. Keenum, and get the compliance changes we need? Don't mean to call you out, but it's time for y'all to either do something or stop expecting things to change organically. Because if you're waiting for the change to happen instead of forcing it, the rest of us would like to stop caring until we're "all in" like everyone else.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-29-2015, 03:26 PM

It was intended for your question about Mullen and if he thinks he can't recruit here. I thought about going back and clarifying my post, but I opted for another beer instead.

basedog
11-29-2015, 03:48 PM
You're a money guy. Why can't all of you get on the same page, apply the appropriate pressure to Dr. Keenum, and get the compliance changes we need? Don't mean to call you out, but it's time for y'all to either do something or stop expecting things to change organically. Because if you're waiting for the change to happen instead of forcing it, the rest of us would like to stop caring until we're "all in" like everyone else.

I do know shannondawg doesn't care much for a certain compliance guy, pretty sure Keenum has been approach a few years ago. Keenum has way more support than any Coach or department head.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 04:31 PM
I do know shannondawg doesn't care much for a certain compliance guy, pretty sure Keenum has been approach a few years ago. Keenum has way more support than any Coach or department head.

No one that I know does, either. But he apparently has support from his boss. I get that Keenum has support, but I'm not talking about pushing him out. I'm talking about getting him to make some changes in the way we do things, starting with acknowledging this is 2015 not 1987 in the way we run compliance.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 04:33 PM
No one that I know does, either. But he apparently has support from his boss. I get that Keenum has support, but I'm not talking about pushing him out. I'm talking about getting him to make some changes in the way we do things, starting with acknowledging this is 2015 not 1987 in the way we run compliance.

Right on - you don't have to fire the guy, just change his job and have him do something else. Have him do the administrative work and nothing more.

PendingTransaction
11-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Many have talked about what a terrible job Bracky has done a with compliance. I have no idea if he's that bad. But I see his job as making sure everyone knows the rules and mitigating breaches. I don't think he has a thing to do, nor should he be involved with what tactics are used to land recruits. It's not like Dan and the "network" fills out a request form seeking Bracky's approval to use tactic A to land recruit B. Maybe he doesn't do a good job of covering up screw ups.

basedog
11-29-2015, 05:03 PM

I've met him, he has to be close to retirement, I do think we can do much better. What I was saying about Keenum was he supported him a few years ago, maybe it hasn't been brought up again.

MabenMaroon
11-29-2015, 05:06 PM

And for the record, I don't think your cute little nickname Danbury is appropriate. Are you just trying to rehash your infamous Standbury, Its a pretty pitiful claim to fame if you ask me. Just for the record you didn't have a damm thing to do with his leaving, but I think you think so.

BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! encore please ( absolutely no sarcasterics )

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 05:14 PM
My main gripe has been his reluctance to clear foreign players. I think he is just too damm lazy to do the necessary work to get it done.

Plus if our ass gets in trouble he would be a babe in the woods on getting us out of it.

I think the coaches are well versed in getting players with grade problems take care of by themselves, and don't even bother with him. But thats just my opinion.

I am not that big of a money guy and have but stopped doing that, except for donations to bdc, that I go demanding something be done. I think there is probably only one that I know about. And he had a hand in getting rid of Ray.

MarketingBully
11-29-2015, 05:20 PM
My main gripe has been his reluctance to clear foreign players. I think he is just too damm lazy to do the necessary work to get it done.

Plus if our ass gets in trouble he would be a babe in the woods on getting us out of it.

I think the coaches are well versed in getting players with grade problems take care of by themselves, and don't even bother with him. But thats just my opinion.

I am not that big of a money guy and have but stopped doing that, except for donations to bdc, that I go demanding something be done. I think there is probably only one that I know about. And he had a hand in getting rid of Ray.

Bravo to him on the Ray front! Btw, for those who are counting Ray is 0-5 in his new gig.

basedog
11-29-2015, 05:23 PM

LOL, damn you are humble!

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 05:25 PM
If Dan doesn't give a **** why should I? Why should I spend my money and take my vacation time away from work to watch that shit show? **** them.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 05:27 PM

And when did you start posting those rumors about Dan looking? Wasn't it two weeks ago which seems to be fitting the timeline very nicely based on what we know.

FISHDAWG
11-29-2015, 05:29 PM
so are you saying that we should tell Keenum fire bracky so we can cheat ?

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 05:29 PM

Lot of speculation but it's probably simply he simply just thinks he has done all he can do here and now he wants to move on. Are there some extenuating things that go along with that? Probably. But it's all rumor for the most part.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 05:30 PM

Pretty much.

But I'll say this about that- we need to wait and see what happens to Ole Miss before we go down that path. I have a feeling that in the long run it's probably not worth it.

starkvegasdawg
11-29-2015, 05:34 PM
Pretty much.

But I'll say this about that- we need to wait and see what happens to Ole Miss before we go down that path. I have a feeling that in the long run it's probably not worth it.

I think deep down we all know what's going to happen to ole miss...not a thing...at least nothing like what they deserve.

Blackout
11-29-2015, 05:35 PM

If we look at this like a business with competition then yes.

We shouldn't seek out the NCAA and do their job for them.

basedog
11-29-2015, 05:40 PM
If Dan doesn't give a **** why should I? Why should I spend my money and take my vacation time away from work to watch that shit show? **** them.

Not sure if you are asking or questioning my post or not, but my point is for some who earlier said they hope we don't go to a bowl, don't deserve a bowl and wish we lost in the bowl. Now IF you are in this group so be it, but why would anyone want to take away from the players being rewarded? My post isn't about a coach, it's about Msu as well as the players.

MarketingBully
11-29-2015, 05:41 PM
If we look at this like a business with competition then yes.

We shouldn't seek out the NCAA and do their job for them.

The trend nowadays is to hire former NCAA enforcement employees to understand and learn all of the loopholes. If we could hire one of those guys, I would be all for it. Auburn did that.

smootness
11-29-2015, 05:58 PM
LOL on thinking some football boosters can apply pressure to a university president over compliance.

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 06:12 PM
Certainly not out of the blue. Maybe if an occurrence happened that glaringly said incompetence or lazy.

PendingTransaction
11-29-2015, 07:12 PM
"Business" recruiting isn't difficult. It requires resources; someone to determine to whom and how much of those resources are given.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Not sure if you are asking or questioning my post or not, but my point is for some who earlier said they hope we don't go to a bowl, don't deserve a bowl and wish we lost in the bowl. Now IF you are in this group so be it, but why would anyone want to take away from the players being rewarded? My post isn't about a coach, it's about Msu as well as the players.

Don't have a problem with the team going to a bowl, but I'm not going to spend my time and money going to it. My point is if they don't care about winning I'm not going. Hope the team has a great time on the beach.

maroonmania
11-29-2015, 08:11 PM
The trend nowadays is to hire former NCAA enforcement employees to understand and learn all of the loopholes. If we could hire one of those guys, I would be all for it. Auburn did that.

Yep, 2 mentalities to compliance. 1. Do most of the NCAA's work for them and turn all the damning evidence in on yourselves or 2. Circle the wagons and make the NCAA work to prove whatever improprieties they think they've been given a tip on. We fall into category 1 and OM falls into category 2 along with the majority of other SEC schools. What I saw this past Saturday on the field was a program that hasn't had any probation since the Billy Brewer days and one team who has had multiple probations since that time with most of the evidence being handed to the NCAA by their own compliance office in each case. I also saw the team following method 2 with a distinct talent advantage over the team following method 1.