PDA

View Full Version : okay...

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 11:33 AM
....I relaxed, stepped back from the ledge, collected my thoughts, and considered all aspects of our football program, and I still say.....Dan's gotta go!

He was great when he had his edge. I think what we are seeing is a guy who is perfect for the low expectations crowd, but he totally loses his mojo when he becomes the hunted. He is not the same guy he was three years ago, and the team's intensity will always match that of the head coach.

Please go to Maryland and let us get someone who wants the job and has a passion for it.

Blackout
11-29-2015, 11:35 AM
Yep. There's no way he can come back

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Part of Dan's problem is Jackie showed we could beat big name teams from time to time- so we know it can be done here. Problem with Jackie was he would also lose to La Tech in the same season as beating Bama. We need to find someone that can win the big games at a higher rate than Dan while still consistently beating who we are supposed to.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2015, 11:38 AM
....I relaxed, stepped back from the ledge, collected my thoughts, and considered all aspects of our football program, and I still say.....Dan's gotta go!

If this is you stepping back from the ledge, then I encourage you to get back on it and jump.

bluelightstar
11-29-2015, 11:41 AM
Part of Dan's problem is Jackie showed we could beat big name teams from time to time- so we know it can be done here. Problem with Jackie was he would also lose to La Tech in the same season as beating Bama. We need to find someone that can win the big games at a higher rate than Dan while still consistently beating who we are supposed to.

That's Freeze. Freeze always has his guys up for big games -- they might lose to Arkansas after beating Alabama. But hey guess what that gets you? 2nd in the West and the Sugar Bowl. Slow and steady no upsets Dan Mullen gets you Memphis in December.

GreenheadDawg
11-29-2015, 11:43 AM
If this is you stepping back from the ledge, then I encourage you to get back on it and jump.

I encourage you to switch spots with him

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2015, 11:51 AM
I encourage you to switch spots with him

Seriously? Six straight years of bowling. Seven straight years of beating who we should beat. No losses to Maine, La Tech, ULM, USM, etc. You're right! Let's burn this mutha ****a down!

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 11:55 AM
Seriously? Six straight years of bowling. Seven straight years of beating who we should beat. No losses to Maine, La Tech, ULM, USM, etc. You're right! Let's burn this mutha ****a down!

When you set your expectations low, it is much easier to meet them. But hey, if you're satisfied with watching a team play with no heart in the biggest games on your schedule, congrats. You have your guy. Hey, we beat Louisiana Tech!

GreenheadDawg
11-29-2015, 11:59 AM

Oh great we can beat a bunch of cupcakes to get to a bowl!!! Holy shit!!!! That's amaz balls!!!! He's better than croom!!! Let's pay him 150 million a year

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2015, 12:00 PM
When you set your expectations low, it is much easier to meet them. But hey, if you're satisfied with watching a team play with no heart in the biggest games on your schedule, congrats. You have your guy. Hey, we beat Louisiana Tech!

You're right. Our football history says we should win the SEC every year. You sound like LSU fans wanting to can a BCS champion and 10 win/year winner.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 12:05 PM
You're right. Our football history says we should win the SEC every year. You sound like LSU fans wanting to can a BCS champion and 10 win/year winner.

I didn't say we should win the SEC every year. I will settle for being competitive against the best teams on the schedule. You my friend are a typical MSU fan and this is a big problem with our fanbase. Demand excellence for a change. Stop being satisfied with mediocrity.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2015, 12:05 PM
Oh great we can beat a bunch of cupcakes to get to a bowl!!! Holy shit!!!! That's amaz balls!!!! He's better than croom!!! Let's pay him 150 million a year

Winningest MSU coach in our lifetimes. Winningest coach since Allen McKeen. Can we do better? Probably. Will we do better? History says we won't.

Coach007
11-29-2015, 12:06 PM

He was great when he had his edge. I think what we are seeing is a guy who is perfect for the low expectations crowd, but he totally loses his mojo when he becomes the hunted. He is not the same guy he was three years ago, and the team's intensity will always match that of the head coach.

Please go to Maryland and let us get someone who wants the job and has a passion for it.

being reasonable does not equal low expectations. Ever.

I seen it dawg
11-29-2015, 12:14 PM

This isn't crooms university anymore. Totally different football world. Go with Mullen.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-29-2015, 12:17 PM
I didn't say we should win the SEC every year. I will settle for being competitive against the best teams on the schedule. You my friend are a typical MSU fan and this is a big problem with our fanbase. Demand excellence for a change. Stop being satisfied with mediocrity.

We were number 1 for five weeks and were in the CFB picture until the last week of the season. We played in a New Years Six Bowl. That is far from mediocracy, espcially when ten years ago we all would kill for the years we've had lately.

Sacrifice
11-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Honestly watching Dan this year, it looks like after 7 seasons he's lost his fire. Just by watching his interviews, he's body language, the way our team plays. It looks like he's ready for a new challenge.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 12:23 PM
We were number 1 for five weeks and were in the CFB picture until the last week of the season. We played in a New Years Six Bowl. That is far from mediocracy, espcially when ten years ago we all would kill for the years we've had lately.

And then we laid an egg in three of our last four games (the one exception being VANDERBILT). You hear Mullen talk about strain. Relentless effort. Finishing. Did we play with strain and relentless effort last night? Against Alabama? Last year in the egg bowl? Against Georgia Tech? What about A&M? How did we finish in any of those games? Last year was a great run. Then, the expectations changed and we folded like a lawn chair. And through it all, we have had the same issues consistently: poor o-line play, poor special teams play, poor playcalling, poor clock management, questionable personnel decisions, etc. Rinse, repeat.