PDA

View Full Version : Starting with OSU

LongDuckDawg
08-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Had this thought and then heard similar on a College Sports Radio Show...could it be that starting with a "big game" or more high-profile opener might lead to additional focus and hard work by our players during summer workouts and camp? There are reasons not to take this challenge on, but i believe it is undeniable that there are some postives. Maybe positives that pay dividends throughout the year even if we lose. I know I would be more hyped to work hard to get ready to play OSU over JSU.

Todd4State
08-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Maybe. It didn't help us when we opened up with Oregon though.

MSUDawg4Life
08-02-2013, 03:06 PM

We had other distractions when we opened with Oregon. If we can avoid similar distractions this year, I think starting with Oklahoma State can pay dividends. Especially if we win.

HancockCountyDog
08-02-2013, 03:11 PM

Apples to Oranges. That was what 2002? That was end of Jackie's tenure.

This is year 5 of Mullen and I think this is a great point about having some extra focus knowing we don't have a tune up in the first game.

I would hate this game in year 1-3 of Mullen's tenure, but in year 5 I think its a great way to show off how far he has brought the program from the shape the Croominator left it in.

Jack Lambert
08-02-2013, 08:35 PM
It will be great for us because we are gong to win that game. I know they are picked to win the Big 12 but really the Big 12 is not the Big 12 of the 90's. They play no defense and our offense will just pound on them and eat up the clock. I think what will break the game our way is turn overs. I predict being a spread passing offense they will throw several interceptions, while our offense with our big offensive line will just run the ball down their throat. On defense I just don't think our DC is gong to run that passie defense that wilson ran. He will keep Ok State off balance and they will make mistakes. Just my opinion and it will not change until proven wrong.