PDA

View Full Version : Maroon Magazine? Is it an OM guy doing it?

Political Hack
08-02-2013, 02:28 PM
I heard that it's a guy named Peavy, which made me think of the amp guy from State but then I was told its another guy who's an OM fan.

Anyone know if this is true or not? Why would an OM guy publish a State magazine?

CadaverDawg
08-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Why troll just messageboards when you can create an entire magazine dedicated to trolling your rival?

engie
08-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Haven't we had some interactions with that fool before?

Seems he's now wanting to feed the same hand that he's bitten...

Todd4State
08-02-2013, 02:41 PM
I think Peavy is the guy that HD6 (yes, THAT HD6) told to quit writing because of his Ole Miss bias.

But to answer engie's question, which he pretty much answered anyway- to get $$$$$$ from State fans.

It sounds like something Ole Miss fans would do - make a MSU magazine and then use it to bash MSU.

BHildreth3
08-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Yep it's an Ole Miss guy - Greg Pevey. He's a Rebel, but he's a business man. He won't use it to bash MSU though. I talk to him from time to time - we were going to get into some things together but the more I thought about it - i just didn't want to have a business partner that was a diehard Rebel

Barking 13
08-02-2013, 03:17 PM
That's like having Rick Cleveland write the State beat...

BeastMan
08-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Greg Peavy also owns Mississippi Sports Magazine (the one HD6 quit). He also owns OMRebelNation which is where they pretty openly bash MSU and our fans.

I seen it dawg
08-02-2013, 06:20 PM
**** that dude burn his shit down. Metaphorically of course.

Miles4MSU75
08-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Sounds like having Kyle Veasy as our beat writer
Few years back.

Paul Jones
08-02-2013, 08:13 PM
I do some writing for the MSU side for Miss Sports Magazine and yes, Greg is an OM fan but he is a good dude. There will be several MSU writers contributing to the Maroon Magazine and I will be among them. I think a guy from the Croom Diaries blog is another one, too.

Django_DB
08-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Haha. I would give a f$@& who wrote on it. They say he has 1 site hating MSU and now he wants to make money off the people he talks bad about on the other site? Some of y'all would do anything for a check. Taking up for that dude is weak shit

I seen it dawg
08-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Django unchained. I love it

Coach34
08-03-2013, 12:18 AM
The Spirit has been organizing a boycott of Beastman's Family restaurant because he wrote an article- but now people want us to support a mag owned by an OM guy?

I'm gonna have to say **** that...the rivalry is 24/7/365 1/4 with me just like it seems to be with the Spirit members

Todd4State
08-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Well, if Ole Miss fans aren't going to be there, I'll probably start to eat there more often.

AROB44
08-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Where is Beastman's resturant ?

Vandownbytheriver
08-03-2013, 07:09 AM
If he's associated with RebelNation then if you give him a dime, no matter who he has writing for him, you are a damn fool. That shit was started by Wardlaw and that idiot who writes for them is a grade A asshole. And that's not a shot at Paul or the Croom Diaries guy. Those guys literally can't help themselves when it comes to State. Think of the worst Ole Miss fans you know, multiply it by 10 and that's RebelNation.

AlSwearengen
08-03-2013, 07:16 AM
yeah, **** this peavy guy and his maroon magazine. I don't give a shit if Mullen writes for the damn thing, at the end of the day, the money goes in peavy's pocket. **** that.

The Croom Diaries
08-03-2013, 08:58 AM
I have been contacted to write for it but that is about it- I have not accepted as I believe it is in the early stages of development and I really didn't know much about it. The initial contact came from a State guy who is 100% State, but I don't know much about this other guy. The people asked to be apart of it were me, Paul and many other beat writer you know (not Matt Stevens or I would have said no on the spot) so I don't know what Rebel spin you'd get. I would say I am the most biased writer on the MSU internets for State. But we'll see how this progresses going forward. Good to know this info from you guys.

The Croom Diaries
08-03-2013, 09:03 AM
If he's associated with RebelNation then if you give him a dime, no matter who he has writing for him, you are a damn fool. That shit was started by Wardlaw and that idiot who writes for them is a grade A asshole. And that's not a shot at Paul or the Croom Diaries guy. Those guys literally can't help themselves when it comes to State. Think of the worst Ole Miss fans you know, multiply it by 10 and that's RebelNation.

Your brother was asked too, ha. Of course he may have told them to eff off and I don't know about it.

Vandownbytheriver
08-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Your brother was asked too, ha. Of course he may have told them to eff off and I don't know about it.

I'd tell him he's a dumb ass too.

Political Hack
08-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I'd tell him he's a dumb ass too.

hilarious. it's great to have Farley posting again.

KennyPowers2
08-03-2013, 11:48 AM
The Spirit has been organizing a boycott of Beastman's Family restaurant because he wrote an article- but now people want us to support a mag owned by an OM guy?

I'm gonna have to say **** that...the rivalry is 24/7/365 1/4 with me just like it seems to be with the Spirit members
You know my verdict on the whole thing. **** ole miss and anything associated with them

Vandownbytheriver
08-03-2013, 12:14 PM
I've never understood the blind loyalty to someone just because they give you money. You can say that they may be good folks and still say you don't agree with everything they do. At some point you become a sellout. I tried to do recruiting stuff for RebelNation and the guy couldn't keep it objective. I lasted 3 stories and told Wardlaw I was done.

John Farley
08-03-2013, 12:48 PM
You would think I would be used to getting cussed. Come to think of it. I am. Haha

Political Hack
08-03-2013, 12:49 PM
You would think I would be used to getting cussed. Come to think of it. I am. Haha

lol. nothing like a little brotherly love.

John Farley
08-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Nobody is harder on me then him. And I wouldn't want it any other way. Learned a long time ago if you take what 17 year old boys are doing and saying too serious you really need to get drunk and calm down

Paul Jones
08-03-2013, 01:59 PM
to each his own. I've never had a problem with Greg and he goes to just as many MSU games to get artwork as he does OM games. The Miss Sports Mag is a mixture of all Miss sports - pro and college and a bit of high school mixed in. I've known Greg a long time now and understand why others may have a beef with him. But there is no slanted bashing of MSU in the magazines that Greg does, never seen it and obviously my stories are not bashing them.
And you're dang right I work for as many magazines/newspapers as I can - EMCC mag, Miss Sports, high school football previews, My Miss magazine. During my tenure as a writer, I have been an MSU, Ole Miss and USM and preps beat writer. And for my family and to support them, no way would I turn down extra money because this editor or that editor went to OM. I went to MSU and have mostly covered MSU and love to see when the Bulldogs do well. But when it comes to supporting my family or not having extra money, I'd have to be an idiot not to do it.
I guess I view supporting my family as a higher priority than where this guy or that guy went to school. Just think if MSU just hired folks who went to school there or coached or played at MSU before in their life.
Being a sellout, I guess, this year helped my family take a much-needed family vacation, send my daughter to camp and afford daycare.

Vandownbytheriver
08-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Not everyone has your lofty morals.

Vandownbytheriver
08-03-2013, 02:16 PM
And I don't think anyone is bashing you for working for an OM guy. It's this particular guy. It's hard to defend a guy who runs a tabloid site who's main goal is to bash State. Just like if you ran a site who bashed OM constantly they would not want you involved in a site for them. Being a writer puts you in a tough situation because you are asked to write for several sources, but you also can't fault people for dogging you guys when y'all get caught up with people who do things like that. Look how long it took for you and John to get over the Wardlaw stigma.

Coach34
08-03-2013, 02:36 PM
And I don't think anyone is bashing you for working for an OM guy. It's this particular guy. It's hard to defend a guy who runs a tabloid site who's main goal is to bash State.

+1

Todd4State
08-03-2013, 02:41 PM
to each his own. I've never had a problem with Greg and he goes to just as many MSU games to get artwork as he does OM games. The Miss Sports Mag is a mixture of all Miss sports - pro and college and a bit of high school mixed in. I've known Greg a long time now and understand why others may have a beef with him. But there is no slanted bashing of MSU in the magazines that Greg does, never seen it and obviously my stories are not bashing them.
And you're dang right I work for as many magazines/newspapers as I can - EMCC mag, Miss Sports, high school football previews, My Miss magazine. During my tenure as a writer, I have been an MSU, Ole Miss and USM and preps beat writer. And for my family and to support them, no way would I turn down extra money because this editor or that editor went to OM. I went to MSU and have mostly covered MSU and love to see when the Bulldogs do well. But when it comes to supporting my family or not having extra money, I'd have to be an idiot not to do it.
I guess I view supporting my family as a higher priority than where this guy or that guy went to school. Just think if MSU just hired folks who went to school there or coached or played at MSU before in their life.
Being a sellout, I guess, this year helped my family take a much-needed family vacation, send my daughter to camp and afford daycare.

Tough question and I understand that you are in a tough spot. And I also understand where you are coming from as I work two jobs myself. But if writing for that magazine potentially hurt your other ventures like 247 would it be worth it?

And I do understand that you could always quit the magazine if it did become an issue.

Paul Jones
08-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Would have to be something I would have to consider. But I have written for Miss Sports Mag for 3-4 years now and had no issues. But again, he doesnt tell me how to write and just provides good story ideas for me concerning MSU and what he would like to see written in the magazine. Like I've said, I've never had a problem with Greg and can't speak for others because it is obvious some have. But good question Todd and if it did (which it hasn't) then I would have to look at it.
And beerfarley, I never had any problem shaking the Wardlaw stigma and didnt take any time cause people saw my work and my work ethic. Same with John but John didnt have the easy out that I had and had to deal with it a bit longer, which I was fortunate for.

Gen. Grant
08-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Give money to this guy? Hell no! Please consume fecal matter.

Vandownbytheriver
08-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Would have to be something I would have to consider. But I have written for Miss Sports Mag for 3-4 years now and had no issues. But again, he doesnt tell me how to write and just provides good story ideas for me concerning MSU and what he would like to see written in the magazine. Like I've said, I've never had a problem with Greg and can't speak for others because it is obvious some have. But good question Todd and if it did (which it hasn't) then I would have to look at it.
And beerfarley, I never had any problem shaking the Wardlaw stigma and didnt take any time cause people saw my work and my work ethic. Same with John but John didnt have the easy out that I had and had to deal with it a bit longer, which I was fortunate for.
Okay Paul. You're above everything. Duly noted.