PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Immediate Overreaction Solution

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 02:28 AM
Let's assume Mullen stays. Here are the list of changes I'd demand if I were AD:

1. Hevesy has to go - self-explanatory

2. Move Sallach to an administrative role and hire a big time recruiter in his place.

3. Get rid of Manny - The D hasn't played a full 4 quarters against an SEC team all year.

4. Get rid of Knox - any coach who can't get players ready to play in 18 months at far and away the most easy position to play early shouldn't be employed in the SEC.

5. Get rid of Turner - I'm just entirely unimpressed with our DL production given our talent level. We see very little use of advanced technique.

6. Tell Dan he is to stay the hell out of his DC's way and give him total autonomy. Dan has the choice of hiring the new DC himself or I will make the hire for him, but Dan staying out of the way is non-negotiable. He is not even allowed to go into the defensive meeting room unless invited by the DC. My DC short list: Brick Haley, Orgeron, Chizik, Bud Foster

7. Ditto 6, but with Special Teams. They were better this year, but Dan needs to find someone who knows what the hell he's doing and get the hell out of his way.

8. Get the right people to apply pressure on Dr. Keenum to overhaul our compliance so we can operate in the gray areas. Talent matters and we're vastly outmatched in the trenches. The only way to fix it is to play the crootin game. No more trying to compete while handcuffing ourselves.

Lots of people bitching about Deshea, but he can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Tolando Cleveland doesn't belong on an SEC field and he's the guy being picked on. Calhoun has played pretty well. Hughes is invaluable for his crootin inside the state. Gonzalez doesn't get nearly enough credit for how good he is. And Brian Johnson seems like a very good coach himself.

All that said, I think Mullen is gone. He just sounded completely disinterested during the postgame and acted like losing wasn't a big deal. For a guy who came in preaching about the importance of beating your rival, that's a gigantic red flag so far as I'm concerned.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 02:34 AM
Mullen quit on MSU, none of this will happen, and we're looking at best case 4 or 5 wins for the next couple of seasons. If Hugh Freeze wins a Natty, I can promise you I will never watch another college football game again in my life. That guy is a disgusting piece of human garbage and has ruined the ****ing conference with his horse toothed fvcking pie hole.

ETA: off topic but I'm frustrated.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 02:39 AM
Mullen being disinterested is a red flag for sure- but it also is a red flag that he probably knows that he is leaving.

Goldendawg
11-29-2015, 02:45 AM
Have not been home very long. Coach Mullen's post game remarks were very disappointing. Missed a couple of tackles, blocks, 50/50 balls, didn't get the on=sides kick, etc,etc. I sat though a different game it seems with 7 sacks on Dak, no respect for a running game for the entire year, and no defense played even when we won 51-50 last week. Who is our signature victory this year?

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 02:47 AM
Mullen being disinterested is a red flag for sure- but it also is a red flag that he probably knows that he is leaving.

My thought exactly. He knows he's gone.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 02:47 AM

He can't leave fast enough. I'm ready to set the dumpster on fire, burn the trash, and start rebuilding again. We're going to be in bad shape for a couple of years so let's start ASAP and not drag it out.

Todd4State
11-29-2015, 02:48 AM
Have not been home very long. Coach Mullen's post game remarks were very disappointing. Missed a couple of tackles, blocks, 50/50 balls, didn't get the on=sides kick, etc,etc. I sat though a different game it seems with 7 sacks on Dak, no respect for a running game for the entire year, and no defense played even when we won 51-50 last week. Who is our signature victory this year?

Probably Arkansas? Which went 7-5. Maybe USM.

PassInterference
11-29-2015, 02:51 AM
Crootin crootin crootin

The rest of this thread is window dressing.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 02:54 AM
Probably Arkansas? Which went 7-5. Maybe USM.

Auburn on the road for sure. Let's not losing our F-ing minds, that's still a win worth having against a very talented (and poorly coached) team.