PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought....I'll be at state's practice saturday morning.

gravedigger
08-02-2013, 02:20 PM
if there is anything specific people on here would like me to watch for, I'll do my best to report back on that.

I'm just your average fan and dont know any more about the game than any of you, but certainly I can give you my observations.

I already one poster here an observation of Quadry Antione, defensive back.

I already plan to watch Chris Jones a good bit.

Any other suggestions?

CadaverDawg
08-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Secondary and WR's.

Since the team isn't in pads yet, I feel like you can probably tell the most about those two groups right now. Plus, those are supposed to be our two weakest groups.

Just a thought.

Thanks for your updates

Coach34
08-02-2013, 02:26 PM
DE's vs OT's...

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 02:28 PM
See if Fred Ross is living up to the hype like a lot of people are saying he is. From what I head yesterday, I am very excited about him.

Todd4State
08-02-2013, 02:32 PM
I'd like to know if Tyler is under center more and if anything looks different as far as scheme. It's hard to say whether play calling is going to be different based on practice.

CadaverDawg
08-02-2013, 02:42 PM
I'd like to know if Tyler is under center more and if anything looks different as far as scheme. It's hard to say whether play calling is going to be different based on practice.

Good one. Definitely this one

AlSwearengen
08-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Quay Evans

HancockCountyDog
08-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Quay Evans

There was a post about Trent Simpson and Chris Jones running 4th team on depth chart the other day, which is normal for incoming freshman, even those as uber talented as Jones, but what bothered me was the other guys on the 4th string DL were James and Quay.

Im just assuming this is some type of punishment or motivation, but after last year's cherrington debacle I was hoping to see them start out at least 2nd team behind Eulls and PJ.

messageboardsuperhero
08-02-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure where you saw that, but the practice depth chart I looked at said Quay was running with the twos and James was with the threes.

It doesn't really matter though. This is just the first practice, and they'll both have plenty of opportunities. The guys aren't even in pads yet.

HancockCountyDog
08-02-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm not sure where you saw that, but the practice depth chart I looked at said Quay was running with the twos and James was with the threes.

It doesn't really matter though. This is just the first practice, and they'll both have plenty of opportunities. The guys aren't even in pads yet.

This was from yesterday Dispatch:

"Freshman defensive end Trent Simpson seemed physically full-go today with just a brace on his knee for precautionary reasons. The Oxford (Ala.) native suffered a severe knee injury in high school leaving his status this summer questionable for fall camp but the 230-pound lineman has physically made a remarkable recovery. He was working with five-star phenom Chris Jones on the fourth-string defensive line along with most true freshman Thursday. Simpson and Jones were joined on the inside by four-star prospects in sophomores Quay Evans and Nick James on the fourth-team unit."

This is from yesterday. I agree that it shouldn't mean much, but just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything about whether they were keeping their noses clean.

Barking 13
08-02-2013, 03:12 PM
This was from yesterday Dispatch:

consider the source ;)

Barking 13
08-02-2013, 03:25 PM
oh, and find out who the blonde chick from CSS is...:p

Irondawg
08-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Quay and Nick are running with the 3rd & 4ths: (1) PJ and Eulls (2) Virges and Adams then Quay, Nick, Harrison-Gay and J. Washington alternating.

this is going to be interesting as talent wise you'd say it's PJ, James and Quay with the top shelf athleticism. But Adams supposedly had a good spring and who knows what Eulls can do inside.

Dallas_Dawg
08-02-2013, 03:36 PM
When do they strap em up? Can't really tell until the pads start popping

Covercorner2
08-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Who is running 2nd team RB, and as discussed earlier, the DL rotation

Coach34
08-02-2013, 04:49 PM
We'll have a good idea of who will be where by the end of the first week in pads. The depth chart will change minute to minute until then

Tbaen
08-02-2013, 05:20 PM
I'd like a report on Dak's movement. Not only how his feet look, but his throwing motion. If he's favoring the toe, the throws won't be right. Looking forward to all your observations, including the requests in this thread.

gravedigger
08-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Don't know her name but she's at Dave's dark horse tonight. I'm on a date night with the mrs.

Coach34
08-02-2013, 09:40 PM
I'd like a report on Dak's movement. Not only how his feet look, but his throwing motion. If he's favoring the toe, the throws won't be right. Looking forward to all your observations, including the requests in this thread.

Dak's toe is a non-issue...he's been good for a few months now

Coach 57
08-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Two position groups you can still observe well even without pads. DBs Vs WRs & DEs Vs OTs. I'll be at a scrimmage at that time. Wished I was there.

Dawg61
08-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Whose the RB, WR and CB that impress you the most.