PDA

View Full Version : Dan should give up playcalling.... but he wont.

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2015, 01:39 AM
Its just too much to manage the game and work the playsheet. NO successful SEC HC does this. Pick one, game management or playcalling. That's why we consistently misuse timeouts at critical times, and why we make panicked decisions when things get hectic (default to QB up the gut). Its too much information for one guy to process in the moment and do both do successfully.

He wont change though, Dan gonna Dan. Its almost like a kid with a train set who loves being in control of everything.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 02:20 AM
I think the Gus Bus still does this, but that's not a case to continue. Dan has stopped progressing as a coach and leader and it's going to kill the program if it hasn't already (our recruiting is 5 years behind our rivals)....

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2015, 02:26 AM
I think the Gus Bus still does this, but that's not a case to continue. Dan has stopped progressing as a coach and leader and it's going to kill the program if it hasn't already (our recruiting is 5 years behind our rivals)....

Have you watched Gus' calls inside the redzone? Panic and repeat the same plays. Works vs lesser talent. Dont work in conference. What are they, 2-8 in the last 10 SEC games?

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2015, 02:49 AM
Another thing... Why do we take so long to get a play in when we are down and the clock is running? I suspect the answer is the same as our other problems.

Goldendawg
11-29-2015, 02:58 AM
How many SEC teams try to run a 170 lb back up the middle?

JohnnyQuid
11-29-2015, 03:05 AM
Holloway mid is disaster ALWAYS. from the stands I can damn near sense the dak up the gut. it's disturbing.

I'd love a fresh OC that knew the spread. and bring his oline coach friend with him

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2015, 03:11 AM
I like what Sonny Cumbie has done in 2 years at TCU. They have come a long way on Offense since 2013.

Boston
11-29-2015, 09:09 AM
Gus doesn't call plays anymore.

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Gus doesn't call plays anymore.

Even that guy is smart enough to know it don't work. Derek Mason stopped too.