PDA

View Full Version : All we've proven tonight...

smootness
11-29-2015, 12:21 AM
is that yes, beating Ole Miss really is what matters most.

And before anybody starts in on me, no, of course this is not acceptable. And yes, there were real issues all year, especially in the way we started games. And change probably needs to come. But those asking for Mullen to leave now are only proving that it is better to beat Ole Miss and win 4 games than to win 8 and lose to them.

msstate7
11-29-2015, 12:23 AM
I would rather keep Mullen minus hev and Townsend than hire a new coach.

Dawgface
11-29-2015, 12:26 AM
No, its better to have 8 wins which includes an OM win. ;)

I could take a loss to OM if we played our hearts out and basically lost on one or two plays. But to be dominated for the most part by our rival(last year too), doesn't sit well with most.

maroonmania
11-29-2015, 12:26 AM
is that yes, beating Ole Miss really is what matters most.

And before anybody starts in on me, no, of course this is not acceptable. And yes, there were real issues all year, especially in the way we started games. And change probably needs to come. But those asking for Mullen to leave now are only proving that it is better to beat Ole Miss and win 4 games than to win 8 and lose to them.

I personally hope Mullen stays but something has to change with the way we approach the OM game. We've essentially been blown out by OM 3 of the last 4 years. That is NOT acceptable because there is not that much difference in the rosters. OM is more talented than us but not by the amount we have been beaten by in 3 of the last 4 years.

LibraryDawg
11-29-2015, 12:27 AM
I would rather keep Mullen minus hev and Townsend than hire a new coach.

I'm not sure Townsend leaving would be a good thing. The corners technique doesn't look bad, IMO. I think two things need to happen, Hev gone and Stricklin needs to tell Dan to stop meddling in the defense.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 12:27 AM
My comments about Mullen aren't due to a loss to Ole Miss. These are trends - consistent things we've all seen game after game, year after year now.

It sucks to lose to Ole Miss, but at the end of the day, I can digest a loss to that bunch if we came out and gave our best effort and they were just better. To come out the way we did tonight, and to know it wasn't the first time this year that we did that? Yeah, Dan's gotta go.

Sacrifice
11-29-2015, 12:32 AM
My comments about Mullen aren't due to a loss to Ole Miss. These are trends - consistent things we've all seen game after game, year after year now.

It sucks to lose to Ole Miss, but at the end of the day, I can digest a loss to that bunch if we came out and gave our best effort and they were just better. To come out the way we did tonight, and to know it wasn't the first time this year that we did that? Yeah, Dan's gotta go.

I posted this earlier tonight and I'll post it again.
1-3 against Freeze
0-7 against Bama
1-6 against LSU
1-3 against A&M
3-4 against Auburn
4-3 against Arkansas

For what we're paying, I don't think it'll be hard to find somebody to improve on these numbers.

drunkernhelldawg
11-29-2015, 12:36 AM
I'm very disappointed but to tell the truth I looked at us as an underdog against them all season. I'm not going to talk about the good we had this season. I'll just say that it's far from a total failure. We never overcame some of our deficiencies, but a lot of that was that we didn't quite have the players to overcome them. Some of tonight was coaching; that fourth down run was a head scratcher although I think that part of that is on Dak too. As far as Dak's turnovers, that play, etc., nobody makes every play or has a good night every game. The sun has a lot of dog ass to cover after all. But what a career. What a performance last week. Not being able to keep Dak upright was also a major factor tonight. And then they throw that tight end at us. Damn. Without those two turnovers, totally different ball game.

GreenheadDawg
11-29-2015, 12:40 AM
1-3 against Freeze
0-7 against Bama
1-6 against LSU
1-3 against A&M
3-4 against Auburn
4-3 against Arkansas

For what we're paying, I don't think it'll be hard to find somebody to improve on these numbers.

Drops mic

BeardoMSU
11-29-2015, 12:43 AM
Drops mic

Yeah, its profound. Sad, really....

JohnnyQuid
11-29-2015, 12:55 AM
Drops mic

it'd be harder than u think. *glares at a&m paying over 5m a year - glances at lsu pissed about 9 wins again * better get in line. if u bastards cutcliffe/fulmer/Stansbury us I hope u own it

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 12:57 AM
it'd be harder than u think. *glares at a&m paying over 5m a year - glances at lsu pissed about 9 wins again * better get in line. if u bastards cutcliffe/fulmer/Stansbury us I hope u own it

One of these things is not like the others...

Blackout
11-29-2015, 12:57 AM
We've proven were still bitches because only 10% of our fan base actually cares

JohnnyQuid
11-29-2015, 01:12 AM
One of these things is not like the others...

Rick ray disagrees.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 01:19 AM
Rick ray disagrees.

Our program was a dumpster fire before Stansbury was fired (two years too late). But if three years of Rick Ray leads us to greatness under Howland, it was worth it.

JohnnyQuid
11-29-2015, 01:26 AM
Our program was a dumpster fire before Stansbury was fired (two years too late). But if three years of Rick Ray leads us to greatness under Howland, it was worth it.

ppl would say the same shit about any othe program, ur simply justifying a terrible move. "houston Nutt paved the way for hugh freeze"

bullshit. u made a bad fire and a worse hire. same with Tennessee and their circus. justify it as u want,the stans fire/Rick ray hiire set us back 10 yrs (we have top 5 overall player and our team is so shit they will struggle to make the nit). factz.

don't do it to us in football. if dan a leaves for a better gig... more power. otherwise **** off

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2015, 01:36 AM
ppl would say the same shit about any othe program, ur simply justifying a terrible move. "houston Nutt paved the way for hugh freeze"

bullshit. u made a bad fire and a worse hire. same with Tennessee and their circus. justify it as u want,the stans fire/Rick ray hiire set us back 10 yrs (we have top 5 overall player and our team is so shit they will struggle to make the nit). factz.

don't do it to us in football. if dan a leaves for a better gig... more power. otherwise **** off

I enjoy the debate but you ruin all credibility for anything you say from this point forward by calling Stansbury a bad firing. Criticize the Ray hire, and that's totally fair. But Stansbury had to go. He should've gone earlier. He single-handedly ruined the program. And that's all I will say about that - we don't need to keep kicking that dead horse.

Your comparison of Nutt to Ray is interesting though, given the fact that Nutt was actually an accomplished coach with tons of experience. Nobody expected much out of Ray from the start, but Nutt was expected to win pretty much right away, and he did.

As for Dan, he won't get fired. But I'm saying it's time for him to go. I'm hoping the reports of a new gig are true.

BossDawg
11-29-2015, 01:41 AM
We need new blood in the program and the game....we're gonna have to start playing the game and getting at least a couple special recruits in every class. Don't even try to tell me that UMiss can do it but we can't.

There is no reason, NO reason whatsoever that UMiss can consistently beat Bama and LSU but we cant. Also, there is no reason whatsoever that UMiss should be able to embarrass us, ESPECIALLY at home. We have to start recruiting better, much better, and the program could use some new blood somewhere. I really think Mullen's way isn't working, he's uncomfortable changing and therefore he has become complacent.

bluelightstar
11-29-2015, 01:43 AM
You simply cannot consider yourself a legitimate team and get run off the field by your rival.

JohnnyQuid
11-29-2015, 01:51 AM
You simply cannot consider yourself a legitimate team and get run off the field by your rival.

so Michigan with harBaugh isn't a legit team cos osu blew them out today ? shit happens.

bluelightstar
11-29-2015, 01:53 AM
so Michigan with harBaugh isn't a legit team cos osu blew them out today ? shit happens.

Harbaugh is in Year 1, Urban has a team that should've coasted to the national championship. Mullen is in Year 7 and is getting his teeth kicked in by a guy this board likes to describe as a girl's basketball coach.

JohnnyQuid
11-29-2015, 01:57 AM
I enjoy the debate but you ruin all credibility for anything you say from this point forward by calling Stansbury a bad firing. Criticize the Ray hire, and that's totally fair. But Stansbury had to go. He should've gone earlier. He single-handedly ruined the program. And that's all I will say about that - we don't need to keep kicking that dead horse.

Your comparison of Nutt to Ray is interesting though, given the fact that Nutt was actually an accomplished coach with tons of experience. Nobody expected much out of Ray from the start, but Nutt was expected to win pretty much right away, and he did.

As for Dan, he won't get fired. But I'm saying it's time for him to go. I'm hoping the reports of a new gig are true.

ok cool say stans had to go I'm good with that. ur go to was Rick ray?

with all these coaching openings this year and ppl WANT mullen gone? who's the go to? srsly. u know as well as me it we be a step back at the point. don't be obtuse. don't vacate a position without it being filled.

so tell me when dan leaves who's filling that spot and not missing a beat?

JohnnyQuid
11-29-2015, 01:57 AM
Harbaugh is in Year 1, Urban has a team that should've coasted to the national championship. Mullen is in Year 7 and is getting his teeth kicked in by a guy this board likes to describe as a girl's basketball coach.

that's not what u said. read what u said.

eta: the high school bball shit only holds water so long. we're past that point soon if not already

JohnnyQuid
11-29-2015, 01:58 AM

wow Michigan must be terrible because I'm overreacting to a rivalry game - bluelightstar

bluelightstar
11-29-2015, 02:02 AM
ok cool say stans had to go I'm good with that. ur go to was Rick ray?

with all these coaching openings this year and ppl WANT mullen gone? who's the go to? srsly. u know as well as me it we be a step back at the point. don't be obtuse. don't vacate a position without it being filled.

so tell me when dan leaves who's filling that spot and not missing a beat?

Mullen is 2-16 against LSU, Bama, and A&M. 6-8 against Auburn and Arkansas. Over a quarter of his career SEC wins are against Kentucky. He's not irreplaceable.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 02:08 AM
Mullen has fvcked us at this point - if he leaves we won't see a bowl game for 3 or 4 years. But maybe that's what this fan base needs...

JohnnyQuid
11-29-2015, 02:08 AM
Mullen is 2-16 against LSU, Bama, and A&M. 6-8 against Auburn and Arkansas. Over a quarter of his career SEC wins are against Kentucky. He's not irreplaceable.

yet he's the best ever at msu. let's remember context. cos all those schools suck amrite?

we been cursed against lsu since I been alive. they're about to make a retard fire tho so wr might get a couple back

Goldendawg
11-29-2015, 02:23 AM
Did you hear Dan's post game remarks? He took very little ownership. Kept saying it "Was Simple", a couple of missed tackles, blocks, two turnovers, no forced turnovers for us. He must not have seen the same game that I sat through. He did admit to one bad play call. I'm glad he doesn't throw players or coaches under the bus, but where is the passion he had years ago? Who is our big win this year. We have some real problems to address, not a couple of bad plays here and there. Hail State, even when it really hurts.

wasabaka
11-29-2015, 02:24 AM
1-3 against Freeze
0-7 against Bama
1-6 against LSU
1-3 against A&M
3-4 against Auburn
4-3 against Arkansas

While I don't disagree with the premise, at least show the stats as they relate to other stats.

Mullen is 4-3 against Mississippi
0-7 against Bama
1-6 against LSU
1-3 against aTm
3-4 against AU (3 out of the last 4 years)
4-3 against Arky (3 in a row - huge given our history in the series)

I'm not saying anything one way or the other regarding whether he should stay or not, but at least be fair in your comparisons. I could break it down by versus head coaches and not schools and it would be similar, by the way.

bluelightstar
11-29-2015, 02:26 AM
While I don't disagree with the premise, at least show the stats as they relate to other stats.

Mullen is 4-3 against Mississippi
0-7 against Bama
1-6 against LSU
1-3 against aTm
3-4 against AU (3 out of the last 4 years)
4-3 against Arkt (3 in a row - huge given our history in the series)

I'm not saying anything one way or the other regarding whether he should stay or not, but at least be fair in your comparisons. I could break it down by versus head coaches and not schools and it would be similar, by the way.

He may be 4-3 vs. Mississippi but he looks like he's about to own a hell of a losing streak to them soon. I mean, Freeze looked like he was bored on the sidelines tonight.

JohnnyQuid
11-29-2015, 02:32 AM
He may be 4-3 vs. Mississippi but he looks like he's about to own a hell of a losing streak to them soon. I mean, Freeze looked like he was bored on the sidelines tonight.

speak on soothsayer.

dan looks like he's bout to reel off 5 in a row.

both of our opinions mean the same.

nothing.

FISHDAWG
11-29-2015, 09:22 AM

that OM team is over with now... they had a pretty good team in this class but that ship has now sailed ... I actually believe we beat them in their house next year

GreenheadDawg
11-29-2015, 10:09 AM
speak on soothsayer.

dan looks like he's bout to reel off 5 in a row.

both of our opinions mean the same.

nothing.

I will pay any mod on here 100 dollars to ban this guy or at least give him a vacation. You may be the worst poster I've ever seen. Congrats

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 10:15 AM
I will pay any mod on here 100 dollars to ban this guy or at least give him a vacation. You may be the worst poster I've ever seen. Congrats

I'll chip in as well. Not the day for pumping sunshine when the program is going down the shitter right in front of our eyes. Merry Christmas Dan. **

msstate7
11-29-2015, 10:22 AM

Why bc he isn't completely melting down like 99% here? This whole week pretty much everyone was worried about keeping Mullen and now pretty much everyone wants Mullen gone. I'm sick that we lost, but no way we should be pushing Mullen out imo