PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody even care what bowl game we go to now?

starkvegasdawg
11-28-2015, 11:38 PM
I'm not sure I do. This may just be the anger talking but almost wouldn't care if we somehow didn't get selected for one. Seriously doubt we do any better than the liberty or music city anyway.

Dawgface
11-28-2015, 11:41 PM
Not really. I think you are right...probably Liberty or Music.

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2015, 11:42 PM
Hawai'i ?

GreenheadDawg
11-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Nope. Don't care. Nobody on the team cares so I don't either

BeardoMSU
11-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Please tell me the Liberty still isn't the assigned game for CUSA champs.....a USM re-match would be about as exciting as a bucket of chestnuts.

msstate7
11-28-2015, 11:45 PM
Please tell me the Liberty still isn't the assigned game for CUSA champs.....a USM re-match would be about as exciting as a bucket of chestnuts.

Think it's a big 12 team. Our defense will kill any big 12 team*****

Swagger Vance
11-29-2015, 12:16 AM
Won't go, neither will our head coach.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-29-2015, 12:20 AM
Hey! I like chestnuts.

You know what you call it when you have nuts on a wall? Walnuts
You know what you call it when you have nuts on your chest? Chestnuts
You know what you call it when you have nuts on your chin? A **** in your mouth

Blackout
11-29-2015, 12:21 AM
We're going to Houston

BeardoMSU
11-29-2015, 12:23 AM
Hey! I like chestnuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuttIPabjug

DownwardDawg
11-29-2015, 12:26 AM
Nope. Not interested at all.

drunkernhelldawg
11-29-2015, 12:28 AM
I think it's important because the game matters this time. Usually, the bowl game is just gravy. However, this game left a bad taste and the only way to cure it is a strong performance asap, which is the bowl game this season. We're still middle of the SEC, so we should get a good bowl.

Beaver
11-29-2015, 12:28 AM
I care. Whether Mullen goes or stays, we need to have a nice bowl win. We have to get better at recruiting, and if we show up flat at a dumb Liberty Bowl how is that supposed to give us momentum going into February?

Statefan
11-29-2015, 12:43 AM
People will care in a couple of weeks, just not tonight. A good location and a good big 10 opponent would help

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 12:54 AM
Don't care at all. Hope we lose the bowl game, have a shitty finish in '16 recruiting and get serious about Dan going to work or getting someone who will. I don't think I'm putting a dollar into MSU football until we have a new coach or until we beat OM - unacceptable level of STRAIN tonight.

dawg27
11-29-2015, 01:11 AM
I care. Whether Mullen goes or stays, we need to have a nice bowl win. We have to get better at recruiting, and if we show up flat at a dumb Liberty Bowl how is that supposed to give us momentum going into February?

We have no momentum our class is ranked 40th.

War Machine Dawg
11-29-2015, 01:50 AM
I'm not sure I do. This may just be the anger talking but almost wouldn't care if we somehow didn't get selected for one. Seriously doubt we do any better than the liberty or music city anyway.

Hell no. I've basically decided unless it's Music or Liberty I'm not going. And I might not go to those. But I'm so pissed right now I need to calm down before making any decisions. That said, I don't see this team playing with any edge that makes me want to spend money on tickets and travel to watch them.

Goldendawg
11-29-2015, 01:56 AM
No. Our powers to be see the bowl as a reward and a vacation. We were not ready for Northwestern or Ga. Tech, just like we weren't ready for UM the last two years. Won't be going and all the UM fans sitting in Section 4 West Side made the loss even worse.

CJDAWG85
11-29-2015, 02:07 AM
Yes I absolutely do. One loss doesn't define our season. Our players deserve better than this shit ass attitude. Unreal.

Coursesuper
11-29-2015, 02:18 AM
Yes I absolutely do. One loss doesn't define our season. Our players deserve better than this shit ass attitude. Unreal.

Are you really that stupid. If so then this is way above your head chief. We were in a position to put our heal on their neck two years ago and fvcked it up, now we have this horse crap tonight and "one loss doesn't define our season". Then what does. We are playing in the biggest league with the biggest boys in the nation. And we shat the bed in the most meaningful game of the year. That kinda defines our season. If we want to keep pace we must step up, we have to be held to a higher standard from here on out or its right back to us being the Vandy of the west. And no one wants that.

CJDAWG85
11-29-2015, 02:32 AM
I'm not stupid at all. I completely understand. Tonight sucked. However, that doesn't mean everyone should give up on these players. Blame the coaching all you want, I don't care.

Goldendawg
11-29-2015, 02:35 AM
It's not just the loss tonight. We beat 8 teams that many of them weren't really that good. We really looked unprepared tonight and I never thought I would see a MSU team that couldn't run the ball or play tough defense. It's not Feb., 2016, but I am really worried about our recruiting. Check the 31 UM player pictured in the game program tonight, only 5 were from Mississippi. We have a lot of work to do.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 03:16 AM
I'm not stupid at all. I completely understand. Tonight sucked. However, that doesn't mean everyone should give up on these players. Blame the coaching all you want, I don't care.

I have given up on these players. They're not good enough to make it happen. They = OL, LBs, CBs and S. Our skill guys are good enough, but they can't do it without help. BTW, where are the F-ing turnovers? We're minus-7 on turnovers for the year?!? What the hell, Manny!!!

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2015, 03:33 AM
One (1) fumble recovery in a season. Seems like an impossible stat, but true.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 03:36 AM
One (1) fumble recovery in a season. Seems like an impossible stat, but true.

Had a near-recovery that would have been a TD and huge momentum shift tonight, but nope. FVCK!

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 07:43 AM
Well we are still 2 games better than what all the experts said we would be. If Ole Miss had Dak, there would be 15mph speed limits all over campus.

Sure it hurt to lose this game, but the vile being said on here is almost as bad as the texts I got from an 50 yr old om supporter. (y'all and Dak suck" " that piece of shit qb of yours sucks""Did I say y'all and Dak suck"

I just told him his phone had been hacked and a 10 yr old was posting asinine texts on it.

MafiaDawg
11-29-2015, 08:28 AM
I don't go to bowl games when we lose the egg. That collective effort tonight doesn't appear that they care much either. He won't do it but I wouldn't play another game behind that OL.

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Thankfully Dak is not a quitter.

civildawg
11-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Why would I go to a bowl game when our head coach could care less? Mullen has got complacent and he needs to move on

HereComesTheSpiral
11-29-2015, 09:33 AM
I will probably go to Music City or the Liberty bowl just to hang out with friends in those cities

Blackout
11-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Let Dak and the seniors play a quarter then let them walk off together. Play the Fr-Jr after and let's prepare

Hopefully we have a new coach that can go ahead and start working on some things for bowl prep.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 09:56 AM
I know I'll be roasted for this, but I'm pissed that we're getting a bowl game. This team does not deserve it and our coaches certainly don't. I hope it's the shittiest possible bowl game. This program has not moved forward an inch, we're exactly where we were 7 years ago with a more talented QB. Yah, there's a few flashy skill players but we're worse than we were at many positions as well (CB, S, OL). Inexcusable and I hope that fans show it by not supporting this garbage.

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 11:08 AM
No not roasted. Just wondering what makes you tick.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 11:15 AM
No not roasted. Just wondering what makes you tick.

Fueled by frustration today, and probably not being completely reasonable. This to me is the low point of MSU football over the past 10 years though, because I never expected more and saw less than last night.

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 11:37 AM
My wife was a student and teacher of Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP). She practiced for a couple of years, she could help people in one or two sessions, but it finally dawned on her that most don't need counseling but just someone to talk to. So she shut her practice down.

She taught me one thing, that I may have already known, but brought to light. Consider outcome, what you really want from a situation, be it business deal, argument with loved one or whatever, resist the temptation to fight and work for that end goal of what you really want. You think that through and your whole attitude changes and creates fewer mistakes.

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 11:45 AM
My wife was a student and teacher of Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP). She practiced for a couple of years, she could help people in one or two sessions, but it finally dawned on her that most don't need counseling but just someone to talk to. So she shut her practice down.

She taught me one thing, that I may have already known, but brought to light. Consider outcome, what you really want from a situation, be it business deal, argument with loved one or whatever, resist the temptation to fight and work for that end goal of what you really want. You think that through and your whole attitude changes and creates fewer mistakes.

That's interesting. With that in mind, I want MSU to field competitive football teams and keep building the program here. I think our head coach has quit on us and will not take us there. I'm not a big money booster (give more to MSU foundation than the Bulldog Club), but I have supported MSU financially for years at a pretty decent level. Venting doesn't help matters, but what would? I'm at a loss.

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 12:09 PM
The team never quit and neither did Dan. Did you feel this way after the Arkansas game or any of the other 8 games we won, or just the four we lost?

SDDawg
11-29-2015, 12:13 PM
The team never quit and neither did Dan. Did you feel this way after the Arkansas game or any of the other 8 games we won, or just the four we lost?

Just last night actually.

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Well, I got up this morning and said 17 it and hello basketball, am going to the girls game this afternoon. That ought to put me in a good mood.

I taking predizone for lung congestion, its a steroid and I resisted roid rage last night when I was getting off the elevator and a rebel hollered hotty potty at me, my NLP kicked in and I considered the outcome was my 78 year old ass better keep his damm mouth shut.

drunkernhelldawg
11-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Fueled by frustration today, and probably not being completely reasonable. This to me is the low point of MSU football over the past 10 years though, because I never expected more and saw less than last night.

I had no expectations. I knew OM was at least as talented and probably more so than us. I knew the ball has a pointy end and can bounce any which way. I had seen OM dismantle Alabama and LSU. I had seen us make some good plays and win some games tool. I knew we had a chance, but to be honest I saw us as the underdog. The first drive proved me right; we were moving the ball downfield but Dak fumbled and the ball bounced right into the wrong hands. Next drive, Dak threw up a prayer that got pick sixed. We were screwed. When the athletes are superior, ball control will not work, and that's what we had with their D line play.

I think it's messed up to over-rag on Dak and the coaches. I feel we've had a good season. Highs and lows. Good football. Bad football.

My only complaint is that I'm tired of seeing Hail State painted on the field. I prefer the old Miss. State, my team forever and ever.

basedog
11-29-2015, 12:27 PM

You sir have a very short memory! What kind of fan are you to say we don't deserve a bowl, last count we did finish 8-4 and 4-4 in the West. C'mon mane!

basedog
11-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Well, I got up this morning and said 17 it and hello basketball, am going to the girls game this afternoon. That ought to put me in a good mood.

I taking predizone for lung congestion, its a steroid and I resisted roid rage last night when I was getting off the elevator and a rebel hollered hotty potty at me, my NLP kicked in and I considered the outcome was my 78 year old ass better keep his damm mouth shut.

Even worse shannondawg we eat our own!

shannondawg
11-29-2015, 12:30 PM
Just got a news flash that Ga has fired Mark Richt. Be interesting to see how that turns out.

I personally think LSU was a lot more prudent in keeping Les.