PDA

View Full Version : Players

BHildreth3
11-28-2015, 09:48 PM
has it occurred to anyone that they just have more talent than us? That's what suck$

IMissJack
11-28-2015, 09:54 PM
has it occurred to anyone that they just have more talent than us? That's what suck$

Technically they have more than Memphis and Ark. too. Our recruiting has not improved at all in the last several years. That is THE major problem that is not going away.

bobcat91
11-28-2015, 09:56 PM
What I see is a team and staff going through the motion. I can take losing get but not like this

Saltydog
11-28-2015, 10:06 PM
That combined with our mistakes and some suspect play calling just too much for us to overcome.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-28-2015, 10:08 PM
Maybe they have a better coach

dawgoneyall
11-28-2015, 10:10 PM
Beginning to think that

Out coached past two years

Sacrifice
11-28-2015, 10:11 PM
Any way you look at it Freeze has his players ready for the big games. They execute at a very high level.

bluelightstar
11-28-2015, 10:12 PM

No maybe about it. Freeze has more wins against LSU and Alabama this year than Dan Mullen has in his career. Freeze is 3-1 against Mullen and has honestly beat the shit out of him 3 of those 4 games.

Sacrifice
11-28-2015, 10:16 PM
This is starting to remind me of Tony Dungy at Tampa Bay. He took them to respectability and that's as far as he could take them.

Dawgface
11-28-2015, 10:22 PM
Correct. Our recruiting classes rank last normally in the West. Hard to coach up enough players to over come our opponents talent.

MetEdDawg
11-28-2015, 10:45 PM

This is what we don't want to admit. This team wasn't a 10 win team. Our OL was the worst it's been under Mullen. Secondary has a lot of youth, key injuries, and guys that just aren't good. Coman, Cleveland, and Evans didn't have other scholarship offers for a reason. RBs just weren't good.

Here's the crossroads we are at. Is Mullen willing to offer immediate playing time to get top notch recruits in here? We have reached our ceiling as a building players long term program. We cannot beat elite teams until we recruit immediate impact elite talent at a much larger rate than we are now. Ole Miss is way more talented in their starting 22 than we are. We made fun of OM for having their best team ever and being at best 9-3. Well going into tonight, they were the only ones in our game that still had a chance at the West. They could potentially send 5-6 juniors to the NFL after this year. We don't have that, although we do have 2-3 that could go and go fairly high. Not enough in my opinion though.

I don't look at star rankings a ton, but let's just compare. Our OL had three 2 stars and two 3 stars going up against that OM DL. We had no chance there and we never do against above average DLs. See Bama, LSU, TAMU, and OM, aka all of our losses. Look at our secondary. Our starters were two 2 stars and two 3 stars going up against that OM WR core. We had no chance there and we never do against above average passing teams because they are simply more talented and better. See OM and TAMU specifically. Once teams lift the lid on our secondary, offenses gash us. Then we can't score or change field position consistently because our OL blows and you get the type of team we are this year. 8-4, above average, beat teams that are equally talented or worse, but not teams that are more talented.

Mullen came here to build a winner and we are winning at the best clip in our history. Now the question is can we get out of the build mode and get into excel mode? Can we recruit at a Top 20 level consistently, can we bring in instant impact guys, can we do the things necessary to take the program from a Top 25 program to a Top 15 program. In the next 3 years, I expect vacancies at LSU, UGA, and Bama. Now is the time where we have to determine if we really want to be elite, or if we think that we can't do better than pretty good. We are 7 years in and while we've made great strides, the talent gap is still widely evident. Unless that changes, the last 2 years is the best we can ever hope to do over a 2 year period. And that was with the greatest QB in our history. Do we have to have that in order to be this good? We have to now expect to do better which means everything has to get better across the board. Staff, play calling, personnel, recruiting, facilities, marketing. Everything has to get better. Until we do that, this is where we are stuck.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-28-2015, 10:54 PM
Mullen doesn't do radio pressers anymore?

Boya
11-28-2015, 10:57 PM
This is what we don't want to admit. This team wasn't a 10 win team. Our OL was the worst it's been under Mullen. Secondary has a lot of youth, key injuries, and guys that just aren't good. Coman, Cleveland, and Evans didn't have other scholarship offers for a reason. RBs just weren't good.

Here's the crossroads we are at. Is Mullen willing to offer immediate playing time to get top notch recruits in here? We have reached our ceiling as a building players long term program. We cannot beat elite teams until we recruit immediate impact elite talent at a much larger rate than we are now. Ole Miss is way more talented in their starting 22 than we are. We made fun of OM for having their best team ever and being at best 9-3. Well going into tonight, they were the only ones in our game that still had a chance at the West. They could potentially send 5-6 juniors to the NFL after this year. We don't have that, although we do have 2-3 that could go and go fairly high. Not enough in my opinion though.

I don't look at star rankings a ton, but let's just compare. Our OL had three 2 stars and two 3 stars going up against that OM DL. We had no chance there and we never do against above average DLs. See Bama, LSU, TAMU, and OM, aka all of our losses. Look at our secondary. Our starters were two 2 stars and two 3 stars going up against that OM WR core. We had no chance there and we never do against above average passing teams because they are simply more talented and better. See OM and TAMU specifically. Once teams lift the lid on our secondary, offenses gash us. Then we can't score or change field position consistently because our OL blows and you get the type of team we are this year. 8-4, above average, beat teams that are equally talented or worse, but not teams that are more talented.

Mullen came here to build a winner and we are winning at the best clip in our history. Now the question is can we get out of the build mode and get into excel mode? Can we recruit at a Top 20 level consistently, can we bring in instant impact guys, can we do the things necessary to take the program from a Top 25 program to a Top 15 program. In the next 3 years, I expect vacancies at LSU, UGA, and Bama. Now is the time where we have to determine if we really want to be elite, or if we think that we can't do better than pretty good. We are 7 years in and while we've made great strides, the talent gap is still widely evident. Unless that changes, the last 2 years is the best we can ever hope to do over a 2 year period. And that was with the greatest QB in our history. Do we have to have that in order to be this good? We have to now expect to do better which means everything has to get better across the board. Staff, play calling, personnel, recruiting, facilities, marketing. Everything has to get better. Until we do that, this is where we are stuck.

Wow! Cliff notes: dan has elevated the program but it's time to move on / Larry ****ing fedora

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2015, 10:58 PM
Mullen doesn't do radio pressers anymore?
Had to go pack for Maryland**

Maroonthirteen
11-28-2015, 11:07 PM
MetEd nails it. 100% correct.

These people saying players and coaches aren't giving effort or quit.....you are terrible and wrong.

IMissJack
11-28-2015, 11:10 PM
MetEd nails it. 100% correct.

These people saying players and coaches aren't giving effort or quit.....you are terrible and wrong.

Isn't recruiting on the coaches?

MetEdDawg
11-28-2015, 11:24 PM
Isn't recruiting on the coaches?

Has nothing to do with coaching. It's philosophy. Get higher talented character guys and see if you can RS and develop them enough to be successful. That works when rebuilding. We aren't rebuilding anymore. So the coaches haven't quit. But we need a change of philosophy right now. We can't be elite and sustain success and a development program. Today's elite kids don't want to hear that.

Big Daddy Dawg
11-28-2015, 11:30 PM
I was just watching fsu, after our debacle and could not help myself for thinking Dalvon Cook=Malik Dear! This is where I have a problem with Dan. The best players are NEVER on the field.