PDA

View Full Version : By end of day we will be 2nd, 3rd, or next-to-last in SECW

blacklistedbully
11-28-2015, 12:00 PM
What a crazy year in the SEC. East sucking wind, West dominating even more than probably expected. Who would have thought, going into our last regular season game, we could finish 2nd, 3rd, or next-to-last in the SECW based on today's games?

Scenarios:
We beat the Black Bears named Rebel.
LSU beats aTm.
We finish 2nd.

We beat UNM.
aTm beats LSU.
We finish 3rd.

We lose to UNM.
We finish 6th.

So, ladies & gentlemen, aside from beating those assholes up north, we really want to pull for LSU tonight.

GTHOM
GTHUNM

SDDawg
11-28-2015, 12:29 PM
I prefer 2nd, but there is a ton of parity so we'll be fine however it turns out.

blacklistedbully
11-28-2015, 12:33 PM
I prefer 2nd, but there is a ton of parity so we'll be fine however it turns out.

Disagree. If we lose today to finish next-to-last, all the pundits who chose us in bottom 2 will be able to say they were right about us. Even the ones who picked us last will feel vindicated, and we will continue to be disrespected.

TrapGame
11-28-2015, 12:45 PM
Disagree. If we lose today to finish next-to-last, all the pundits who chose us in bottom 2 will be able to say they were right about us. Even the ones who picked us last will feel vindicated, and we will continue to be disrespected.

This.

SDDawg
11-28-2015, 12:49 PM

I want to win today more than anything, but the pundits don't factor in my equation at all. Could not care less about their opinion of State.

blacklistedbully
11-28-2015, 12:57 PM
I want to win today more than anything, but the pundits don't factor in my equation at all. Could not care less about their opinion of State.

Well, I would really love to be able to tell those jackasses to shove it. Also, if you don't think public opinion influences rankings, you're mistaken. If we want to improve our position in this regard going forward, we need these pundits to look stupid every time they look down on us.

SDDawg
11-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Well, I would really love to be able to tell those jackasses to shove it. Also, if you don't think public opinion influences rankings, you're mistaken. If we want to improve our position in this regard going forward, we need these pundits to look stupid every time they look down on us.

I'm not mistaken, I just don't care about it too much. To get to the next level (consistent top 15, CFP contention) you have to win every game and the rankings take care of themselves as we saw for a stretch last year. Definitely want to have a great game today.