PDA

View Full Version : I'm extremely nervous

GreenheadDawg
11-27-2015, 10:10 PM
Somebody tell me that somehow our secondary is gonna find a way to cover their receivers. I just have a bad feeling they are going to get exposed worse than ever before. Engram and Treadwell may have career nights. I want this win worse any one in recent memory. We can't lose this game

gravedigger
11-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Somebody tell me that somehow our secondary is gonna find a way to cover their receivers. I just have a bad feeling they are going to get exposed worse than ever before. Engram and Treadwell may have career nights. I want this win worse any one in recent memory. We can't lose this game

We will out score them. Defense will make a play. We won't shut them down.

SDDawg
11-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Pressure Kelly into mistakes with the DL, force 3 and outs or turnovers. Takes some pressure off the secondary. No other answer.

msstate7
11-27-2015, 10:13 PM
I'm worried too. I do think we'll cover engram better than we did sprinkle and Henry though. 4-2-5 should help this week

AlmostPositive
11-27-2015, 10:18 PM
I would say hit Kelly high hard and often. He will not handle the pressure as well as Brandon Allen did. We need to knock down 4 or 5 throws and hope for a couple of interceptions.... If Dak is 80% of what he was last week that will be sufficient.

gravedigger
11-27-2015, 10:21 PM
I would say hit Kelly high hard and often. He will not handle the pressure as well as Brandon Allen did. We need to knock down 4 or 5 throws and hope for a couple of interceptions.... If Dak is 80% of what he was last week that will be sufficient.

I'll only add we need to keep Kelly within 5 yds of the Los on runs. But u r right.

maroonmania
11-27-2015, 10:22 PM
I'm worried too. I do think we'll cover engram better than we did sprinkle and Henry though. 4-2-5 should help this week

I'm hoping against Arkansas we were more preoccupied with containing their run game. OM doesn't have as much of a run game to worry about as Arkansas does.

AlmostPositive
11-27-2015, 10:24 PM
I will give the guy credit... he's tough, fast, and has a cannon, even if he almost sidearms the ball now and then. I doubt even Ole Miss folks would deny he can be a serious knucklehead.

Percho
11-27-2015, 11:26 PM
Don't worry. Be happy!

yjnkdawg
11-28-2015, 12:00 AM
You have to put pressure on Kelly and get in his head. The more knockdowns the better, even if he completes a pass. When he has been pressured this year, he has made some bonehead desperation plays, but has been lucky on some, such as the bounce off the helmet in the Bama game. We can't play a passive defense and not pressure him.

Pollodawg
11-28-2015, 12:08 AM
No need to be nervous. We're gonna blow em out.

solodawg
11-28-2015, 07:20 AM
You have to put pressure on Kelly and get in his head. The more knockdowns the better, even if he completes a pass. When he has been pressured this year, he has made some bonehead desperation plays, but has been lucky on some, such as the bounce off the helmet in the Bama game. We can't play a passive defense and not pressure him.
I totally agree ..Kelly has got to take some hits. Actually to the point of not worrying about a flag and just pop the shlt out of em when he drops back and let's the ball go. What I've seen from watching Kelly, when hes under pressure and has nowhere to run, he will throw it for grabs..

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-28-2015, 08:11 AM
I'll only add we need to keep Kelly within 5 yds of the Los on runs. But u r right.

I think this along with special teams will be the keys to the game. It seems kelly has found his running game in the second of the season and we can't let him burn us on third downs for big gains due to secondary coverage. Does Richie spy him this game? Special teams must show up and must not turn the ball over. I'm expecting some car wrecks on the kick offs, so the guys better tighten up their chin straps, identify the enemy, and win their individual battles.

DCdawg
11-28-2015, 08:26 AM
We definitely have to put pressure on him. That was the recipe for success by both Florida and Memphis. However, we can't break down and let MGK run.

RealHastings
11-28-2015, 08:31 AM
Exactly. As has been stated, MGK can't and won't be able to handle the pressure. But if you think about it, none of the bears really will be able to handle it. It's like they crawl into there little cave and hibernate when the game is played on our field. Can't handle it. Lil big Kim and Big Softie will be playing not to get hurt. Swag will make his mistakes. There OL is hot garbage; as is there secondary. Linebackers suck. CJ and Tray Elston should be amped and will try to play dirty so we have to be ready to counter there punched and knock them out of the game early. Shut treadwell down. Engram hasn't done jack shit all year so not worried about him this year. I dont know; maybe it's just me but I'm not too worried with the game being in Starkville. We win by at least 10.

Dawgface
11-28-2015, 08:36 AM
I used to be the nervous type. But I have a cooler full of beer on hand. I will be fine by game time.

lastmajordog
11-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Please just PLEASE let Dan and Co. be willing and able to make adjustments to what their Def does.....If we see corners or safeties peeling off and stuffing the middle (like last year) can we PLEASE not run Dak into those teeth. I think this is a game where Dak needs to be able to check off and run what he see's on the field. As you can tell I haven't recovered from last year.

IMissJack
11-28-2015, 09:18 AM
No Turnovers, and we beat AR by 14. Similar game tonight, but can't have the mistakes.

starkvegasdawg
11-28-2015, 09:30 AM
No Turnovers, and we beat AR by 14. Similar game tonight, but can't have the mistakes.

No turnovers and we win that game by 28. We'd have gone up big and they would have quit.

PassInterference
11-28-2015, 09:30 AM
It comes down to our OL vs their DL and our RBs not giving away fumbles.

This game will look a lot more like the A&M game than the Arkansas game.

starkvegasdawg
11-28-2015, 09:36 AM
Speaking of their DL...wonder if lil Kim is pissed his brother was canned and will not play as hard or if he's too stoned to have even noticed.

sleepy dawg
11-28-2015, 10:04 AM

Our secondary is going to give up plays. They just are. There's no need to worry about it because it's going to happen. Understand that, but doing so allows you to move past it. We just have to make up for it elsewhere. They aren't going to be able to stop our WRs either, and we have the superior QB and leader.