PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I'm just getting around to posting this but my first thought after last week's

maroonmania
11-27-2015, 10:01 PM
game with Arkansas was maybe that was poetic justice payback 15 years later for the 2000 debacle. If you remember in that 2000 game in Starkville, played in lousy sleet type conditions, the game was tied when Dicenzo Miller caught a pass for about 70 yards that he ran down to between the Arkansas 5 to 10 yard line with just a few seconds left. We trotted our FG kicker out for what was supposed to be an easy game winning kick only to have it BLOCKED. Lost that game and any chance at the West in the ensuing overtime. Last weekend's game seemed to be almost in reverse except overtime wasn't needed for the win.

gravedigger
11-27-2015, 10:19 PM
game with Arkansas was maybe that was poetic justice payback 15 years later for the 2000 debacle. If you remember in that 2000 game in Starkville, played in lousy sleet type conditions, the game was tied when Dicenzo Miller caught a pass for about 70 yards that he ran down to between the Arkansas 5 to 10 yard line with just a few seconds left. We trotted our FG kicker out for what was supposed to be an easy game winning kick only to have it BLOCKED. Lost that game and any chance at the West in the ensuing overtime. Last weekend's game seemed to be almost in reverse except overtime wasn't needed for the win.

Heck of a memory. Sat with my dad and a friend that was an ark fan that day. My friend was perfectly behaved. Second worst weather day for a game ever.

Saltydog
11-27-2015, 10:31 PM
year escapes me now but it was horrible......