PDA

View Full Version : Does any one of you seriously think Dak Prescott is going to let Ole Miss win this?

AlmostPositive
11-27-2015, 06:45 PM
If you do, pull up the Arkansas game and watch four or five random snaps.

He looked like the Terminator out there. Relentless, methodical, hyperfocused.

As good as Brandon Allen was -- and he was VERY good -- he didn't have the poise Prescott did.

That game as an unbelievable gut check. ...great standalone win but also a good dry-run for Ole Miss.

Does anyone think Swag Kelly can match Dak's composure and will?

It will take an Alabama style fluke for UM to win this game. The only question for me is how early and often Trae Elston gets a lesson on dead ball cheap shots.

Maroonthirteen
11-27-2015, 06:48 PM
If our defense shows up, we win handily.

Because Dak and the offense will put up some points.

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2015, 06:54 PM
If we somehow got a big lead late, I wouldn't mind someone not hearing the whistle and Elston getting up looking out of his ear hole.

Statefan
11-27-2015, 06:54 PM
Just give Dak time to throw and we got this. That's my only concern

drummerdawg
11-27-2015, 06:57 PM
If our defense remembers how to tackle this year and not give up 3rd and longs we should win.

IMissJack
11-27-2015, 06:59 PM
Just give Dak time to throw and we got this. That's my only concern

A cheap hit on Dak and our DB's are my concerns...

AlmostPositive
11-27-2015, 07:04 PM
A cheap hit on Dak and our DB's are my concerns...

I hope the visitors understand just how serious a mistake cheap-shotting Dak would be. Elston got away with it last year.. If they do that in Starkville I think they would need the National Guard to get out of town.

gravedigger
11-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Why did he let us lose to lsu a&m and bama?

AlmostPositive
11-27-2015, 07:23 PM

Do you think we're going to lose tomorrow?

Coach34
11-27-2015, 07:27 PM
We won't lose Dakota's last game at Scott Field

AlmostPositive
11-27-2015, 07:32 PM
We won't lose Dakota's last game at Scott Field
Exactly. Dak was warming up for Ole Miss in Fayetteville. I have never seen a college player look more confident in my life. Swag will sling his sidearm passes for some yardage and will scoot around a bit, but he doesn't have the character to win this game.

RealHastings
11-27-2015, 08:27 PM
Does any one of you seriously think Dak Prescott is going to let Ole Miss win this?

Not a mutha fluckin' chance! I think they keep it close for 3 quarters (maybe), but we will pull away in the end. Dawgs 44-28

gravedigger
11-27-2015, 09:39 PM
Do you think we're going to lose tomorrow?

No. But that wasn't the question you posed. You asked if we thought dak would let us lose.

I'm a wise ass as u well know. And answering your question assumes the truthfulness of a question you didn't ask.

mstatefan91
11-27-2015, 09:43 PM

Wow... bit of a dick move there

mstatefan91
11-27-2015, 09:44 PM
No. But that wasn't the question you posed. You asked if we thought dak would let us lose.

I'm a wise ass as u well know. And answering your question assumes the truthfulness of a question you didn't ask.

Well, at least you own it. lol

gravedigger
11-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Wow... bit of a dick move there

Really? I thought asking if dak would let us lose to om was the same thing as the question I posed. But as you saw, I do own the wise ass thing and almost positive and I butt heads on political stuff so I thought I'd hive him hell and admit my motivation at the same time.

AlmostPositive
11-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Well, to give you the benefit of a full answer, no sarcasm etc, I based what I said on Dak's performance in Fayetteville. Arkansas is every bit as good a team as Ole Miss, and MSU beat them because Prescott kept his poise and rallied the team after a truly awful third quarter. Nothing State encounters tomorrow will present as much as adversity as State overcame at Ark.

Second, Prescott feeds on crowd emotion and that should be maxxed out tomorrow evening. Third, and related, this is his last game in Starkville and I think that will fuel his teammates as much as him.

If you want to look for negatives, I suppose you could worry about our guys getting overly amped.... I just don't see it happening.

Ole Miss has some excellent mercenaries, but they lack character and it will show. (It already has shown, but that's another story.)

If we were playing A&M or LSU tomorrow at Scott Field, I would bet two to one we'd beat them too. Alabama would win anywhere this side of Lambeau field.

By the way, I have signed off the Politics board... not worth the aggravation.. heard it all a hundred times

gravedigger
11-27-2015, 10:31 PM
Well, to give you the benefit of a full answer, no sarcasm etc, I based what I said on Dak's performance in Fayetteville. Arkansas is every bit as good a team as Ole Miss, and MSU beat them because Prescott kept his poise and rallied the team after a truly awful third quarter. Nothing State encounters tomorrow will present as much as adversity as State overcame at Ark.

Second, Prescott feeds on crowd emotion and that should be maxxed out tomorrow evening. Third, and related, this is his last game in Starkville and I think that will fuel his teammates as much as him.

If you want to look for negatives, I suppose you could worry about our guys getting overly amped.... I just don't see it happening.

Ole Miss has some excellent mercenaries, but they lack character and it will show. (It already has shown, but that's another story.)

If we were playing A&M or LSU tomorrow at Scott Field, I would bet two to one we'd beat them too. Alabama would win anywhere this side of Lambeau field.

By the way, I have signed off the Politics board... not worth the aggravation.. heard it all a hundred times

1. No argument
2. No argument
3. They do too, but we will be the beneficiary
4. I do as a matter of fact. Just not for long.
5. Let them lose the lead. Mercenaries will quit. One man fighting for his home is worth ten mercenaries.
6. I'd add bama. I think Mullen grew up in that game. Proof: we didn't do that vs ark.
7. Smart. I'm right there with ya. Prolly why we aren't politicians, huh?

BossDawg
11-27-2015, 11:38 PM
I think if we can contain Kelly and get in his head (both players and fans) they will fall apart.

RealHastings
11-28-2015, 08:37 AM
I think if we can contain Kelly and get in his head (both players and fans) they will fall apart.

Yep, just like LSU did to Captain Bubble Screen last year in death valley. We have to do the same thing to MGK. Would love to see him bolt off the field before all the time runs off the clock while Dak and co. are in victory formation.