PDA

View Full Version : I thought the media picked us last in the west...

preachermatt83
11-27-2015, 03:38 PM
My how things have changed...

Here?s who different analysts from around the country think will come out with the win:

Edward Aschoff, ESPN: Ole Miss
David Ching, ESPN: Mississippi State
Dennis Dodd, CBS: Mississippi State
Bruce Feldman, Fox: Mississippi State
Tom Fornelli, CBS: Mississippi State
Robby Kalland, CBS: Ole Miss
Sam Khan Jr., ESPN: Mississippi State
Joel Klatt, Fox: Mississippi State
Jerry Hinnen, CBS: Ole Miss
Stew Mandel, Fox: Mississippi State
Greg Ostendorf, ESPN: Mississippi State
Jerry Palm, CBS: Mississippi State
Chip Patterson, CBS: Mississippi State
Alex Scarborough, ESPN: Mississippi State
Jon Solomon, CBS: Mississippi State

12 of 15 pick state.

CadaverDawg
11-27-2015, 03:43 PM
That says it all right there. Ole Miss and all of that talent and hype....yet they STILL aren't being picked to win over lowly MSU with their 7 returning starters, loss of talent, overrated QB, etc.

The new normal.

Noxdog
11-27-2015, 03:46 PM
My how things have changed...

Here?s who different analysts from around the country think will come out with the win:

Edward Aschoff, ESPN: Ole Miss
David Ching, ESPN: Mississippi State
Dennis Dodd, CBS: Mississippi State
Bruce Feldman, Fox: Mississippi State
Tom Fornelli, CBS: Mississippi State
Robby Kalland, CBS: Ole Miss
Sam Khan Jr., ESPN: Mississippi State
Joel Klatt, Fox: Mississippi State
Jerry Hinnen, CBS: Ole Miss
Stew Mandel, Fox: Mississippi State
Greg Ostendorf, ESPN: Mississippi State
Jerry Palm, CBS: Mississippi State
Chip Patterson, CBS: Mississippi State
Alex Scarborough, ESPN: Mississippi State
Jon Solomon, CBS: Mississippi State

12 of 15 pick state.

Actually it's 12 out of 14.

ass chaps went to that >>>>>>> school. His should be disqualified.

msstate7
11-27-2015, 03:59 PM
Let's hope they've gotten better at picking

SDDawg
11-27-2015, 04:04 PM
Let's hope they've gotten better at picking

True fact. I'd would rather be picked last again...

1bigdawg
11-27-2015, 04:26 PM
True fact. I'd would rather be picked last again...

Don't worry. This will happen. Despite all we have returning, they will say we are nothing without Dak. All of a sudden, they will view a returning QB as important.

DancingRabbit
11-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Actually it's 12 out of 14.

ass chaps went to that >>>>>>> school. His should be disqualified.

He went to Oxford High I think, but not TSUN. Actually went to Florida.

Noxdog
11-27-2015, 05:31 PM
same smell, different hole.

RougeDawg
11-27-2015, 05:36 PM
F*ck the media. They've proved time and time again that they are completely ignorant and incapable of objectively and logically coming to a conclusion. They act and write like a bunch of 13-16 year old emotional school girls who are swayed by the latest eye liner or hip jeans add. Except these clowns are swayed by "crootin stars and returning starters." They do very little research behind scratching the surface because they aren't the brightest bulbs in the box to begin with.

Stop listening to them and stop giving them clicks. Give me hell on Twitter and let them expose themselves for who they are. I routinely call out Asschaps for his ignorant press on predictions and routinely try to clue him in preseason. For instance I told him we were a 8-11 win team this year depending on key swing games, most being on roa. To which he laughed and said we lost too much.

Call these f*ckers out with relentless effort and shut them the hell up.

gravedigger
11-27-2015, 05:46 PM
F*ck the media. They've proved time and time again that they are completely ignorant and incapable of objectively and logically coming to a conclusion. They act and write like a bunch of 13-16 year old emotional school girls who are swayed by the latest eye liner or hip jeans add. Except these clowns are swayed by "crootin stars and returning starters." They do very little research behind scratching the surface because they aren't the brightest bulbs in the box to begin with.

Stop listening to them and stop giving them clicks. Give me hell on Twitter and let them expose themselves for who they are. I routinely call out Asschaps for his ignorant press on predictions and routinely try to clue him in preseason. For instance I told him we were a 8-11 win team this year depending on key swing games, most being on roa. To which he laughed and said we lost too much.

Call these f*ckers out with relentless effort and shut them the hell up.

My feeling is that by the end of next year when we've won 8 games yet again, we will hear this much less. Wont be completely gone due to the morons taking pay to write propaganda, but it will subside. We built this reputation from 1945 to 2010. It will take more than 5 years to change it in our favor.

SDDawg
11-27-2015, 06:02 PM
My feeling is that by the end of next year when we've won 8 games yet again, we will hear this much less. Wont be completely gone due to the morons taking pay to write propaganda, but it will subside. We built this reputation from 1945 to 2010. It will take more than 5 years to change it in our favor.

I pump a lil sunshine here and there (ok, a lot)... but even I have a tough time seeing how we get to 8 wins next year. Fitz or Staley will have to step in and really wow people and we'll have to find a back that can get us back to the running game of old. Goes without saying, Mullen would need to stick around too. I desperately want to see it but I'm not quite seeing it as of today.

AlmostPositive
11-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Any of those clowns who picked us last but now expect State to win the Egg Bowl should be forced to make their prediction wearing a dunce cap

RougeDawg
11-27-2015, 06:10 PM

I semi agree but there is strong comparison. What have be Bearsharts done since integration and scholarship rules, other than 2 cotton bowls and a crooting class, to garner a completely difference perception from the media? It's basically a dead heat yet perceptions are 180 from each other. Difficult to explain.

1bigdawg
11-27-2015, 06:15 PM
3 non conferences at home + Kentucky on the road, then USCe, Arky, Auby, & A & M at home should give us 8. BYU, LSU & UNM are winnable and we could make up a game from an unexpected loss. 8 is easy to see even without great QB play.

DancingRabbit
11-27-2015, 06:21 PM
I pump a lil sunshine here and there (ok, a lot)... but even I have a tough time seeing how we get to 8 wins next year. Fitz or Staley will have to step in and really wow people and we'll have to find a back that can get us back to the running game of old. Goes without saying, Mullen would need to stick around too. I desperately want to see it but I'm not quite seeing it as of today.

Might take a bowl win to get to 8, but maybe not. We should get at least 5 home wins and 2 or 3 on the road.

Sept. 3 SOUTH ALABAMA Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Sept. 10 SOUTH CAROLINA * Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Sept. 17 at LSU * Baton Rouge, La. (Tiger Stadium)
Sept. 24 at UMass Foxborough, Mass. (Gillette Stadium)
Oct. 1 Open
Oct. 8 AUBURN * Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Oct. 15 at BYU Provo, Utah (LaVell Edwards Stadium)
Oct. 22 at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky. (Commonwealth Stadium)
Oct. 29 SAMFORD Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Nov. 5 TEXAS A&M * Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Nov. 12 at Alabama * Tuscaloosa, Ala. (Bryant-Denny Stadium)
Nov. 19 ARKANSAS * Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Nov. 26 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss. (Vaught-Hemingway Stadium)

AlmostPositive
11-27-2015, 06:27 PM
I'll be damned if I'm going to worry about next year 24 hours before we humiliate UM's latest batch of mercenaries.

Jack Lambert
11-27-2015, 07:02 PM
I just don't think those 5 star out of state guys who will be drafted in a few months heart is going to be in the game. Hell most of them probabaly will not play in a bowl game. You RN is piss due to his brother. Treadwell will probabaly go at it hard but most of those guys will be thinking ahead.

Bothrops
11-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Might take a bowl win to get to 8, but maybe not. We should get at least 5 home wins and 2 or 3 on the road.

Sept. 3 SOUTH ALABAMA Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Sept. 10 SOUTH CAROLINA * Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Sept. 17 at LSU * Baton Rouge, La. (Tiger Stadium)
Sept. 24 at UMass Foxborough, Mass. (Gillette Stadium)
Oct. 1 Open
Oct. 8 AUBURN * Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Oct. 15 at BYU Provo, Utah (LaVell Edwards Stadium)
Oct. 22 at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky. (Commonwealth Stadium)
Oct. 29 SAMFORD Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Nov. 5 TEXAS A&M * Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Nov. 12 at Alabama * Tuscaloosa, Ala. (Bryant-Denny Stadium)
Nov. 19 ARKANSAS * Starkville, Miss. (Davis Wade Stadium)
Nov. 26 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss. (Vaught-Hemingway Stadium)

All of our home conference games are very winnable. We should be better at most positions next year. But if Mullen leaves, all bets are off, except SC.