PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad day in TUSKville....

TUSK
11-27-2015, 03:37 PM
SECrant says Les Miles told the GridIron club that the A&M game would, in fact, be his last...

SIAP

http://tigerrag.com/football/les-miles-will-coach-his-final-game-at-lsu-on-saturday-vs-texas-am-miles-tells-gridiron-club

Noxdog
11-27-2015, 03:48 PM
linky no worky.

msstate7
11-27-2015, 03:51 PM
I think this could end up impacting state and om. Fsu could end up offering Mullen. Lsu could be back in the game for Patterson. Fisher has coached 2 1st round qb's

TUSK
11-27-2015, 03:53 PM
linky no worky.

I suck.

Tiger Rag Link: site has crashed, apparently.... here's a copy pastey thingy:

Les Miles has coached 142 games in 11 seasons at LSU.

Number 143, it appears, will be his last.

Miles indicated to members of the Gridiron Club on Friday that Saturday’s matchup between LSU and Texas A&M would be his final game as the Tigers' head coach, sources at the meeting told Tiger Rag.

The coach appeared in good spirits, sources said, reiterating messages that he’d "always be a Tiger” and "thanks for a great 11 years," but informed the booster club's members, in an indirect but clear manner, that Friday’s meeting would be his last with them, even explicitly saying he would not be coaching LSU’s bowl game.

Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman announced yesterday Miles would be "let go as the coach of LSU” on Sunday or Monday. That would appear to open the door for former LSU offensive coordinator and current Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher to return to Baton Rouge as Miles’ replacement, a scenario Football Scoop’s Scott Roussel considers to be LSU’s primary plan.

Miles has posted a 110-32 record at LSU, and his .775 winning percentage is the best among LSU coaches with a minimum of 25 games coached. He won two SEC championships, three SEC West titles, and the 2007 BCS National Championship, with a runner-up finish in 2011.

Miles’s contract with LSU runs through 2019, and if he is in fact fired, LSU will owe him a $15 million buyout.

SECrant Link: http://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/les-miles-says-saturday-will-be-his-last-game/60435760/

Political Hack
11-27-2015, 03:54 PM
It's going to be a crazy churn this season. more so than years past. Some big openings coming...

Bully13
11-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Well I guess its better to get "sabaned" 5 times than to get "croomed" once.

basedog
11-27-2015, 05:30 PM
It's a Charlie Mac all over again for Lsu. For you young boys, Charlie Mac was a good Coach at Lsu for many years, couldn't beat Bama when the Bear walked over water!

Charlie Mac coined the famous phrase in the late 60's I believe "ain't none of my boys smoking wacky tobacky"!

Saltydog
11-27-2015, 05:44 PM
and that rumor is running rampant. Maybe wishful thinking but he'll be outta the NFL, soon. I think he's more likely to head to USC but who knows. With the kind of athletes LSU has/gets he could be hell in the SEC!!!!!!