PDA

View Full Version : Rivalry games

gravedigger
11-27-2015, 01:54 PM
I know all the reasons we DO play them last every year. Would there be benefit for playing them earlier?

Throw out the tradishun crap. And yea, we might feel weird playing someone else, but what would be the downside?

SDDawg
11-27-2015, 02:06 PM
I personally wish the game was earlier - don't like it near Thanksgiving and would love to see it as a mid-season game personally. Probably won't ever happen, but just my personal preference.

Todd4State
11-27-2015, 02:28 PM
I like it at the end. I'd hate to lose and have the team go into a tailspin the rest of the year.

TUSK
11-27-2015, 02:56 PM
I know all the reasons we DO play them last every year. Would there be benefit for playing them earlier?

Throw out the tradishun crap. And yea, we might feel weird playing someone else, but what would be the downside?

as a Bammer, I'm not sure an early season IB winner would relish the thought of a potential rematch...

gravedigger
11-27-2015, 03:17 PM
as a Bammer, I'm not sure an early season IB winner would relish the thought of a potential rematch...

Confused. But you know im not the brightest knife in the punchbowl.

TUSK
11-27-2015, 03:33 PM
Confused. But you know im not the brightest knife in the punchbowl.

fixed it,,,, I effed that up...

Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
as a Bammer, I'm not sure an early season IB winner would relish the thought of a post season potential rematch...

Mutt the Hoople
11-27-2015, 07:24 PM
Tommy Tuberville talked about having the Egg Bowl some time in late September-early October when he was coaching at Ole Miss. Never went anywhere.

AlmostPositive
11-27-2015, 07:27 PM
I never pay a lot of attention to posts that spell "tradition" like an Appalachian hydrocephalic.