PDA

View Full Version : NFLdraftscout unveils initial 2014 NFL draft rankings...

engie
08-02-2013, 10:46 AM
for the first time in full format.

Round 1, pick 15 - Gabe Jackson
Round 3/4, pick 110 - Le'Darius Perkins
Round 7, pick 238 - Nickoe Whitley
Round 7, pick 239 - Tyler Russell

Curious that they have Autry and Skinner currently undrafted. Shows just how under the radar that they are for either playing in the wrong scheme(and getting double teamed with no help from the DT positions) or out of position all year last year...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

CadaverDawg
08-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Bbbbbut Russell is nowhere NEAR good enough to be drafted according to a lot of our fans.

Clueless

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Russell could move up with a solid senior campaign. I don't think into the top three rounds, but top five is a possibility, IMO.

HancockCountyDog
08-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Bbbbbut Russell is nowhere NEAR good enough to be drafted according to a lot of our fans.

Clueless

We have a lot of fans that don't appreciate how good Perkins is too.

I like the guys behind him, but Perkins has been damn good.

Pollodawg
08-02-2013, 11:14 AM

It's hard to laugh off a thousand yard rusher. I just think he would have been better suited with the option/sweep/slot role that he played so well in years past. He lost some speed when he bulked up, and he did have some speed to burn, but damn he was deadly on that old wheel route and screen.

CadaverDawg
08-02-2013, 11:15 AM

I agree to an extent. I think everyone appreciates him, but some feel he is being used wrong. I am in the camp that loves Perk, but I think we are using him wrong. But that is not his fault at all, and he has done extremely well considering he is a small guy that has been forced into an every down role. He has quietly kept our running back tradition going despite terrible play calling, a terrible attempt at a run game with Tyler at QB, and not being used in the screen game like he should be. He is not a prototypical MSU back, but he has done a damn good job of adapting to what Mullen is asking him to do.

I really hope we can find a way to get that run game going this year, because historically MSU does not win big games without running the football. And we have a schedule full of big games this year.

CadaverDawg
08-02-2013, 11:16 AM
It's hard to laugh off a thousand yard rusher. I just think he would have been better suited with the option/sweep/slot role that he played so well in years past. He lost some speed when he bulked up, and he did have some speed to burn, but damn he was deadly on that old wheel route and screen.

Completely agree.