PDA

View Full Version : Jimbo to LSU?

Political Hack
11-27-2015, 11:23 AM
Told last night that they've reached a tentative agreement for 5 years at $32 million. No clue if it's valid or not, but comes from some guys at LSU that keep their ear to the grindstone.

If so, FSU opens and all hell breaks loose. I could see them looking at Richt if he ends up out at UGA.

HancockCountyDog
11-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Told last night that they've reached a tentative agreement for 5 years at $32 million. No clue if it's valid or not, but comes from some guys at LSU that keep their ear to the grindstone.

If so, FSU opens and all hell breaks loose. I could see them looking at Richt if he ends up out at UGA.

That has been the word since the game against the Bears. Everyone down here expects miles to be fired Sunday and for fisher to be named new coach by the following Friday.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Wheels in motion

Bucky Dog
11-27-2015, 11:42 AM
I have a co worker in central LA whose boyfriend is lawyer and said the contract you are talking about was being drawn up at his office earlier this week.

Blackout
11-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Whats Jimbo's buyout at FSU?

Political Hack
11-27-2015, 12:14 PM
Whats Jimbo's buyout at FSU?

Not sure. But if LSU sees this through, they're going to be in deep. $17 million over 8 for Miles and crew (they'll save some by offering to retain O and Wilson) and another $32 over 5. After Jimbo's buyout they're going to be close to $10 million a year for the next 5.

Blackout
11-27-2015, 12:19 PM
My question also is if Jimbo is really worth all this. He seems really good at scraping by much less competition. If it weren't for Jameis completely taking over the 2nd halves he loses many more games. Nothing special this year at a school which should dominate people. It's Florida ****ing State and they look very pedestrian.

Not to mention all the off the field issues he's had under him.

I say go for it LSU. Spend all that money. Don't think you're upgrading all that much.

Political Hack
11-27-2015, 12:29 PM
My question also is if Jimbo is really worth all this. He seems really good at scraping by much less competition. If it weren't for Jameis completely taking over the 2nd halves he loses many more games. Nothing special this year at a school which should dominate people. It's Florida ****ing State and they look very pedestrian.

Not to mention all the off the field issues he's had under him.

I say go for it LSU. Spend all that money. Don't think you're upgrading all that much.

Oh I think they're undervaluing Les Miles. They and UGA are very similar. 10 win seasons just aren't good enough there. When they fall back into the Gerry D years they're going to realize how good they had it. A lot of fans don't trust their AD to handle this hire (sound familiar?).

BrunswickDawg
11-27-2015, 12:30 PM
FWIW - have an FSU guy with decent connections. Says this has been out there since Bama, but it's agents angling for raises and reporters angling for clicks (sounds familiar).

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-27-2015, 12:36 PM
you guys think this has any bearing on FSU's play this weekend? I reeaally want that Sugar Bowl bid.

Political Hack
11-27-2015, 12:39 PM
you guys think this has any bearing on FSU's play this weekend? I reeaally want that Sugar Bowl bid.

No bike projections have us in the sugar right now, but I suppose that could easily change if 3 games go our way. If we win the egg, I think the other two will take care of themselves. Florida can't score man. It would take a special teams and/or defensive miracle to win either of the games they have coming up.

missouridawg
11-27-2015, 12:44 PM
No bike projections have us in the sugar right now, but I suppose that could easily change if 3 games go our way. If we win the egg, I think the other two will take care of themselves. Florida can't score man. It would take a special teams and/or defensive miracle to win either of the games they have coming up.

Projections don't mean shit. We win. Florida loses two games to two teams better than them and we are in, barring a mafia-sequel screw job by the CFP committee.

Quaoarsking
11-27-2015, 12:53 PM
This is bad timing to hire Jimbo. I could see LSU balking and finding someone else.

C222
11-27-2015, 12:55 PM
Now, Dan to FSU would worry me.

ckDOG
11-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Gonna have to be a nice package. Pretty sweet gig at FSU.

mic
11-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Freeze to FSU....

Jack Lambert
11-27-2015, 01:33 PM
This could be one of the schools that Dan would leave for.

Statecoachingblows**
11-27-2015, 01:55 PM
This could be one of the schools that Dan would leave for.

Dan's discipline wouldn't fit. These guys are getting accused of rape and not missing a snap. Dan sits guys for missing study hall or whatever has been said on here.

Political Hack
11-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Dan's discipline wouldn't fit. These guys are getting accused of rape and not missing a snap. Dan sits guys for missing study hall or whatever has been said on here.

If they want to keep that mentality, Freeze.

If they want to change that, Richt or someone like Mullen would make sense.

I just have no reason to believe Dan is really interested in leaving at this point.

BulldogBear
11-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Freeze to FSU....

Just in time to open against Ole Miss next season. Perfect.

MSUDawg13
11-27-2015, 03:56 PM
If they want to keep that mentality, Freeze.

If they want to change that, Richt or someone like Mullen would make sense.

I just have no reason to believe Dan is really interested in leaving at this point.

Get out of here with that level-headed nonsense!! Don't you know he and Megan have been trying to get out of Starkville all year and will be on the next plane to Maryland or Virginia if the offer is made**