PDA

View Full Version : OM fans say Swag is better than Dak

UMCDawg16
11-26-2015, 08:38 PM
That's been the narrative I've been hearing and reading all week from the bear faithful. My question is- is that a serious statement? Or are they just seeing so much red and blue that they are just saying that to make themselves feel better about their butthurt from Dak getting so many accolades. Are they that football illiterate? Remember, they are saying that they would take Swag Kelly, who has undoubtedly had a great year for them in his first season, over one of the SEC's all-time great QBs (and that's a fact statistically speaking).

Here are a couple of my observations regarding this:

1. If you compare the stats, Dak and Swag have had very similar years. Swag has more yards and TDs but Dak has thrown like 10 less picks. So, its basically a wash. Although I would argue that taking care of the ball and not turning it over is the most important stat of all.

2. Swag's stats have been inflated due to OM's demolition of the OOC opponents early in the year. You know, when they scored 70+ on a few directional schools early in the year. And remember, Dak played 1 quarter against Troy this year, a game in which he would have had ungodly numbers should he have played most of the game. Not to mention, Dak has superior stats in SEC play, which matters most of all.

3. Here I'm gonna use some of the national and OM logic: "MSU has no talent around Dak." OK. So if that's true and Dak has nothing around him, that makes what he's done that much more impressive. (Although we know we have many playmakers around him). Swag, on the other hand, has one of the best WR corps "in the nation" around him, not to mention probably the best receiver in the SEC and the best LT in the nation protecting his blind side. They can't say that we have no talent because that actually plays into the fact that DAK is the SEC's best QB. But if we have no talent, their narrative that we have nothing around Dak goes out of the window. Which is it OM fans? You can't have it both ways.

One more thing, and this one bugs me- I've also been hearing "Dak carries their offense, if we stop him, they have nothing" Well, that's one of the stupidest statements I hear year in and year out in college football. You can apply that statement to every successful college football team in the nation, outside of maybe Alabama. No team is going to be successful offensively if the QB is taken out of the equation. And the same holds true for OM, if we shut down Swag, they have nothing.

mic
11-26-2015, 08:42 PM
About like they think Eli is better than Brady...

BossDawg
11-26-2015, 08:46 PM
They think every player they have is better than anyone we have. This is nothing new. Don't get them off on their backups either unless you want to hear about how quickly they will get drafted.

Leroy Jenkins
11-26-2015, 08:48 PM
So no excuses then, right?

Coach34
11-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Just show them this and they shut up:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/911/player/split07/category02/sort01.html

Machine Gun padded his stats against terrible teams OOC- a 1AA school and 2 other teams non- P5 that have 3 wins each. He played late into the 3rd against each.

Mutt the Hoople
11-26-2015, 09:05 PM
We thought Fant was better than Eli (for 2001, he was).

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2015, 09:13 PM
Well, does have an advantage over Dak....

Those crossed eyes......he can look off the safety with one and watch his target with the other.

mic
11-26-2015, 09:22 PM
We thought Fant was better than Eli (for 2001, he was).

Who's we???

Coach34
11-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Well, does have an advantage over Dak....

Those crossed eyes......he can look off the safety with one and watch his target with the other.

https://twitter.com/Elitedawg34/status/669912610641326080

SDDawg
11-26-2015, 09:37 PM
Serious people don't believe this kind of bullshit. Swag is Bo, just a bit more athletic. Not a damn bit better and frankly Bo was a helluva competitor in comparison to bitch ass swag who couldn't compete at Clemson. Laughable.

Can you imagine our numbers if we had played Dak for 3 quarters in all of our non-conference games?! Can you imagine if Swag had 4X the number of interceptions that Dak had?! Oh wait, that last one is true. :)

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-26-2015, 09:42 PM
We can't compare Senior Dak to Kelly now…it's really not fair…If Kelly is the man when he is a senior then we can compare.

UMCDawg16
11-26-2015, 09:44 PM
Serious people don't believe this kind of bullshit. Swag is Bo, just a bit more athletic. Not a damn bit better and frankly Bo was a helluva competitor in comparison to bitch ass swag who couldn't compete at Clemson. Laughable.

Can you imagine our numbers if we had played Dak for 3 quarters in all of our non-conference games?! Can you imagine if Swag had 4X the number of interceptions that Dak had?! Oh wait, that last one is true. :)

And what's hilarious is most of them think that way. Its all over their boards and twitter. I think initially a couple of the more braindead bears just threw it out there that Swag is superior to Dak and now I think its catching on and most of them actually believe that shit. And most of their logic is based on NFL potential from what I've seen. They think that Swag has more NFL potential, which may or may not be true, time will tell. But I've got news, NFL potential and being a GREAT college QB are two completely different things. Just because Swag has a huge arm doesn't mean he will translate to the NFL. That's dumb logic. Talk to Ryan Mallett about that one. Honestly, Dak has way more characteristics that translate to the NFL.

SDDawg
11-26-2015, 09:46 PM
We can't compare Senior Dak to Kelly now…it's really not fair…If Kelly is the man when he is a senior then we can compare.

Isn't he a Junior? If so, why can't we compare him to Dak last year (he doesn't match up favorably there either).

UMCDawg16
11-26-2015, 09:47 PM

Dak had superior stats to Swag last year when he was a Heisman candidate as a Junior, and he's only been better this year, so what's your point?

SDDawg
11-26-2015, 09:47 PM
And what's hilarious is most of them think that way. Its all over their boards and twitter. I think initially a couple of the more braindead bears just threw it out there that Swag is superior to Dak and now I think its catching on and most of them actually believe that shit. And most of their logic is based on NFL potential from what I've seen. They think that Swag has more NFL potential, which may or may not be true, time will tell. But I've got news, NFL potential and being a GREAT college QB are two completely different things. Just because Swag has a huge arm doesn't mean he will translate to the NFL. That's dumb logic. Talk to Ryan Mallett about that one. Honestly, Dak has way more characteristics that translate to the NFL.

So hotheads that do drugs, refuse to work hard and have a shitty attitude are better NFL prospects? Wow, that's interesting. Someone needs to call Cleveland and have them move Manziel back to the starter position rather than cutting his ass this coming off-season I guess.

And btw, tons of respect for Jim Kelly. I find it embarrassing that he has to put up with a shithead like Chad honestly.

Coach34
11-26-2015, 09:52 PM

of course we can- Ole Missus fans do it everyday

Saltydog
11-26-2015, 09:59 PM
and who's second team.

Brando
11-27-2015, 06:32 AM
There is no way MGK is second team. That will go to Brandon Allen.

HancockCountyDog
11-27-2015, 08:55 AM
That's been the narrative I've been hearing and reading all week from the bear faithful. My question is- is that a serious statement? Or are they just seeing so much red and blue that they are just saying that to make themselves feel better about their butthurt from Dak getting so many accolades. Are they that football illiterate? Remember, they are saying that they would take Swag Kelly, who has undoubtedly had a great year for them in his first season, over one of the SEC's all-time great QBs (and that's a fact statistically speaking).

Here are a couple of my observations regarding this:

1. If you compare the stats, Dak and Swag have had very similar years. Swag has more yards and TDs but Dak has thrown like 10 less picks. So, its basically a wash. Although I would argue that taking care of the ball and not turning it over is the most important stat of all.

2. Swag's stats have been inflated due to OM's demolition of the OOC opponents early in the year. You know, when they scored 70+ on a few directional schools early in the year. And remember, Dak played 1 quarter against Troy this year, a game in which he would have had ungodly numbers should he have played most of the game. Not to mention, Dak has superior stats in SEC play, which matters most of all.

3. Here I'm gonna use some of the national and OM logic: "MSU has no talent around Dak." OK. So if that's true and Dak has nothing around him, that makes what he's done that much more impressive. (Although we know we have many playmakers around him). Swag, on the other hand, has one of the best WR corps "in the nation" around him, not to mention probably the best receiver in the SEC and the best LT in the nation protecting his blind side. They can't say that we have no talent because that actually plays into the fact that DAK is the SEC's best QB. But if we have no talent, their narrative that we have nothing around Dak goes out of the window. Which is it OM fans? You can't have it both ways.

One more thing, and this one bugs me- I've also been hearing "Dak carries their offense, if we stop him, they have nothing" Well, that's one of the stupidest statements I hear year in and year out in college football. You can apply that statement to every successful college football team in the nation, outside of maybe Alabama. No team is going to be successful offensively if the QB is taken out of the equation. And the same holds true for OM, if we shut down Swag, they have nothing.

Well, I'm convinced and since Dak will get drafted fairly early, Machine Gun Kelly should declare for the draft.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-27-2015, 11:54 AM
better at what?

saving the Goonies from the Fratellis?
single-handedly killing the genre by making football-themed rap songs a/b himself?
washing his swag in the blood of the lamb?
bringing shame to an NFL legend's family name?
staying out of trouble by means of 18-hr-a-day house arrest & copius amounts of adderall?
fathering a Haitian love child?
threatening large crowds with imaginary weapons?
gratata swag bitch

Political Hack
11-27-2015, 12:21 PM
SEC West QB's

1) Dak
2) Brandon Allen
3) MGK
4) Coker
5) Harris
6) A&M's flavor of the day
7) whoever is failing at Auburn

I seen it dawg
11-27-2015, 12:25 PM

Oh **** no they do it all the time...you with them?

Political Hack
11-27-2015, 12:25 PM
MGK has a 2-1 TD/INT ratio.

Dak has a 7-1 TD/INT ratio.

There's not a rational coach in America who would trade those two numbers for 2 TDs and 400 yards over 11 games, which includes 70 points against 2 garbage teams.