PDA

View Full Version : 1940 & 1941 seasons

djaymsu5
11-26-2015, 12:01 PM
I know this has more than likely been discussed before but why in the world do we not claim those two years as national champs. I know that sounds Ole Missus of us to do that but hell even the media claims those 3 years they say they were champs. I know the AP had us at #9th in 1940 but we went 10-0-1 with a tie to Auburn. In 1941 we finished 8-1-1 with a tie to LSU and lost to Dusquense in the Orange Bowl. Yet we won the SEC in 1941 but not 1940? Makes no sense. We should push to claim atleast these two years as national titles to give this program something to brag about. I think we just got royally screwed back in those days being in the south and teams like Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio State getting all of the attention. May be too late to do anything about it now.

Bully13
11-26-2015, 12:03 PM
damn Germans bombing Pearl Harbor screwed us royally.

djaymsu5
11-26-2015, 12:08 PM
If bama is able to claim the title that year there is no way we can't make an argument to claim. Lol I think you mean the Japanese

Bully13
11-26-2015, 12:12 PM
If bama is able to claim the title that year there is no way we can't make an argument to claim. Lol I think you mean the Japanese

yep. "Germans bombing Pearl Harbor" is an old joke around here.

mstatefan91
11-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Germans. Germans everywhere

djaymsu5
11-26-2015, 12:27 PM
yep. "Germans bombing Pearl Harbor" is an old joke around here.

I gotcha. Sorry I ruined the joke lol

Original48
11-26-2015, 01:07 PM
You must be a young un..
http://youtu.be/V8lT1o0sDwI

ScoobaDawg
11-26-2015, 01:41 PM

Ok.... You have an assignement before the weekend is over....

WATCH THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG43Cht3laA

Jack Lambert
11-26-2015, 02:15 PM
"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in the District,
we shall fight on the Campus and Junction,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength through the air, we shall defend our Stadium, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the Field,
we shall fight on the bleechers,
we shall fight in the parkin loT and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this campus or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our State beyond the campus, armed and guarded by the Maroon Nation, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the Miss State, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

GO TO HELL OLE MISS!

gravedigger
11-26-2015, 02:33 PM

WATCH THIS

Ha! However, my guess is djay still won't understand why we use "germans". In place of "old news".

The evolution of that is funny to think about.

NCDawg
11-26-2015, 02:41 PM
"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in the District,
we shall fight on the Campus and Junction,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength through the air, we shall defend our Stadium, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the Field,
we shall fight on the bleechers,
we shall fight in the parkin loT and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this campus or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our State beyond the campus, armed and guarded by the Maroon Nation, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the Miss State, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

GO TO HELL OLE MISS!

Good one!

djaymsu5
11-26-2015, 05:25 PM
I understand it. I've seen people on the board use it before. Never seen anyone use it for bombing Pearl Harbor before though. I've only followed ED for about 2 years off and on. I'm in my mid 20's so yea I'm in the younger crowd.

djaymsu5
11-26-2015, 05:27 PM

WATCH THIS

HA! I gotcha now. How could I forget a classic like Animal House. Easily one of my favorite movies.