PDA

View Full Version : Just win the Egg Dan!

SDDawg
11-25-2015, 09:32 PM
With the coaching rumors swirling, just keep the guys focused and go win the Egg Dan. Like most of our fans, I hope you stay a long time but that's up to you. Like any man, you have the right to pursue what's best for you and your family and no one wants to stand in your way. But bring the Egg back and have Dak go out a winner in DWS before you do... nothing else matters this week.

mic
11-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Agree

Todd4State
11-25-2015, 09:34 PM
All I want for Christmas is the Egg Bowl Trophy. Go get it Dawgs!

I don't think there are any real distractions regarding the coaching search rumors- mainly because they are so ridiculous.

SDDawg
11-25-2015, 09:37 PM
All I want for Christmas is the Egg Bowl Trophy. Go get it Dawgs!

I don't think there are any real distractions regarding the coaching search rumors- mainly because they are so ridiculous.

They are ridiculous, but if an SEC job that's high profile opens up I could see that changing...

Jack Lambert
11-25-2015, 10:04 PM
Dan got to be thinking I am making 4 million a year and if I win Saturday and we get to the sugar bowl and win it I could get a new contract at State.

GreenheadDawg
11-25-2015, 10:13 PM
Don't think for one second that the players having caught wind of all these rumors. Nice distraction for egg bowl week. **** it I'm just gonna go hunt

mstatefan91
11-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Really helps when the site owner puts it out there too like it's 100% fact (it may be but really man?).

Keep in mind that said person would not mind in the slightest if Mullen left. That's all I've got to say.

Leroy Jenkins
11-25-2015, 10:22 PM
I think Dan knew he was gone... until he read this message board post.

mstatefan91
11-25-2015, 10:25 PM
But 100%, either way, win the damn Egg.

BankerDog
11-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Team was at facility from 9-6 today. They're ready.

SDDawg
11-25-2015, 10:29 PM
I think Dan knew he was gone... until he read this message board post.

I don't care if he's gone or not if he wins the Egg... priorities man. We need that damn Egg and to show who the best football program in this State is. It's critical to our next 3 - 5 years as a program to win this game and get to the right kind of bowl. MSU is bigger than Dan, whether he stays or not.

SDDawg
11-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Don't think for one second that the players having caught wind of all these rumors. Nice distraction for egg bowl week. **** it I'm just gonna go hunt

The distraction has come every year though, at some point the coaches have to keep the players focused on this game. I trust the coaches to do that... it's a big game for everyone. We will have some guys that make some money this week.

mstatefan91
11-25-2015, 10:30 PM
I don't care if he's gone or not if he wins the Egg... priorities man. We need that damn Egg and to show who the best football program in this State is. It's critical to our next 3 - 5 years as a program to win this game and get to the right kind of bowl. MSU is bigger than Dan, whether he stays or not.

This is 100% true. MSU is bigger than Dan Mullen. That said, I want him as long as he wants to stay (barring any huge f*ck ups).

17thebears
11-25-2015, 10:35 PM
FYI, Dan does not read this message board.

Alldawg
11-25-2015, 10:36 PM
It's coming! For real

SDDawg
11-25-2015, 10:37 PM

I can confirm this, he does however read NAFOOM. **

Todd4State
11-25-2015, 10:48 PM
They are ridiculous, but if an SEC job that's high profile opens up I could see that changing...

More than likely it would be a distraction for the bowl game rather than the Egg Bowl. And that's of course assuming that there is a legit job out there in the first place. The only jobs officially open in the SEC are South Carolina and Mizzou- one is rumored to have Herman as their coach and Dan is NOT going to Mizzou.

I think some of our fans remember the Tuberville fiasco at Ole Miss- but this is going to be very different.

Auburn got way out ahead of that search and landed Tuberville VERY early by coaching change standards. Not to mention that much of that attention was due to Tuberville very obviously lying about the Auburn job- despite multiple reports that he was in fact in Auburn and had taken the job.

Todd4State
11-25-2015, 10:50 PM
Dan got to be thinking I am making 4 million a year and if I win Saturday and we get to the sugar bowl and win it I could get a new contract at State.

I agree- Dan actually could very well be better off taking a larger contract from us. And if what you just said plays out- I would think it would be warranted.

Especially since there really are so few options out there that truly would be considered an upgrade.

mstatefan91
11-25-2015, 10:50 PM

Is this the only type of thing you know how to post?

Coach34
11-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Keep in mind that said person would not mind in the slightest if Mullen left. That's all I've got to say.

So what?

My opinion is not going to affect Mullen's decision one way or the other
My opinion only forces many of you defend him more vehemently

This "agenda" bullshit makes no sense. Mullen is going to do what he wants- and most of our fanbase loves him to death. There is no agenda. I posted what I heard- just like I do on everything else. When its Ole Miss or Leo Lewis to State- everybody is happy. Now its this- everybody's panties are in a wad.

Let it play out

mstatefan91
11-25-2015, 10:56 PM
So what?

This "agenda" bullshit makes no sense. Mullen is going to do what he wants- and most of our fanbase loves him to death. There is no agenda. I posted what I heard- just like I do on everything else. When its Ole Miss or Leo Lewis to State- everybody is happy. Now its this- everybody's panties are in a wad.

Let it play out

I'm not upset with you, personally. I just don't understand feeding a fire on a week that is very important to the fan base and program.

The "keep in mind" part of the post was my attempt at understanding and explaining why you would feed said fire. That's your "agenda" (I use that term loosely). You wouldn't mind if he left; therefore, you don't mind posting that he is ready to get out of Starkville no matter what it takes. I fully understand that you have no control over what happens.

Coach34
11-25-2015, 11:02 PM
Nobody wants to win more than I do Saturday- including the players on the field. This stuff is not going to affect them one bit.

mstatefan91
11-25-2015, 11:06 PM
Nobody wants to win more than I do Saturday- including the players on the field. This stuff is not going to affect them one bit.

I don't know. Dak might want to win more than you do. Seriously

Coach34
11-25-2015, 11:08 PM
I don't know. Dak might want to win more than you do. Seriously

maybe- but it's real damn close

Todd4State
11-25-2015, 11:09 PM
So what?

Let it play out

Do you think it's possible that Dan's agent is putting rumors out there in an attempt to leverage more money from MSU?

We saw Freeze to Florida rumors put out there by Sexton last year, so we know it happens.

mstatefan91
11-25-2015, 11:25 PM
Do you think it's possible that Dan's agent is putting rumors out there in an attempt to leverage more money from MSU?

We saw Freeze to Florida rumors put out there by Sexton last year, so we know it happens.

That is entirely possible. He could also be leveraging for his assistants' salaries.

Coach34
11-25-2015, 11:32 PM

Mullen is 16th in the country in pay and we do other creative stuff with him as well- not to mention with what we have at stake here at the end- I just dont see it. He's always been rewarded here

deltadawg99
11-25-2015, 11:35 PM
Dan has been mentioned for almost any open job that the media perceived as a step up from MSU since 2010. Nothing new this time of year.

SDDawg
11-25-2015, 11:39 PM
maybe- but it's real damn close

I will fight you for it. Can't tolerate another year of this shit... Freeze makes it 10x worse for me personally.

Todd4State
11-25-2015, 11:43 PM
Mullen is 16th in the country in pay and we do other creative stuff with him as well- not to mention with what we have at stake here at the end- I just dont see it. He's always been rewarded here

He has been rewarded here- but he can always try to get more. I believe even Saban has gotten Alabama to raise his salary since he has been there.

I think no matter how much we are paid in life, we always want more. Even if we are compensated well.

djaymsu5
11-25-2015, 11:44 PM
Mullen is not going anywhere. Idk where y'all are pulling that shit from. Money isn't everything. The dude loves it here. He's built the program how he's wanted it, he has a great relationship with SS, and he has stability here. Dude ain't going anywhere.

Todd4State
11-25-2015, 11:49 PM
That is entirely possible. He could also be leveraging for his assistants' salaries.

IMO I honestly think it's likely. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

Todd4State
11-25-2015, 11:51 PM
Mullen is not going anywhere. Idk where y'all are pulling that shit from. Money isn't everything. The dude loves it here. He's built the program how he's wanted it, he has a great relationship with SS, and he has stability here. Dude ain't going anywhere.

Those are some other reasons why I think he is just leveraging. Money isn't everything- but I think you should try to earn as much as you can if at all possible too.

djaymsu5
11-25-2015, 11:57 PM
If he does leave then great for him. He got us to 6 straight bowl games and turned our program around. We will find another good coach it's not the end of the world. I honestly don't think we will ever win the big game with Mullen as coach but that's just me. I appreciate all he's done for this program no doubt but I won't be upset to see him leave either. But again I just don't see him going anywhere. On the flip side of that if he is going to leave now would be the time to do it. Cause the next year or two will probably be rebuilding years for us and he knows that.

RC3
11-26-2015, 07:56 AM
If he does leave then great for him. He got us to 6 straight bowl games and turned our program around. We will find another good coach it's not the end of the world. I honestly don't think we will ever win the big game with Mullen as coach but that's just me. I appreciate all he's done for this program no doubt but I won't be upset to see him leave either. But again I just don't see him going anywhere. On the flip side of that if he is going to leave now would be the time to do it. Cause the next year or two will probably be rebuilding years for us and he knows that.

2016 might be a small step back. But I expect us to contend in 17 and 18

lastmajordog
11-26-2015, 08:16 AM
"Just win BABY!!".....

confucius say
11-26-2015, 09:48 AM
Really helps when the site owner puts it out there too like it's 100% fact (it may be but really man?).

Not only would he not mind, his statement was that he would prefer Mullen left.

djaymsu5
11-26-2015, 10:38 AM
2016 might be a small step back. But I expect us to contend in 17 and 18

We lose all of our starters on the DLine after next year we will be very young there. It's going to depend on how well Fitz/Staley do in SEC play and if Mullen will actually play the right running back. Luckily for us Holloway will be gone by that time.

RC3
11-26-2015, 11:14 AM
We've consistently put good d lines out there. Not worried about that. But I'm always worried about the o line

PMDawg
11-26-2015, 11:48 AM
So what?

Let it play out

+1. And I'm not this guy's biggest fan. Chill out people and leave 34 alone on this one.

maroonmania
11-26-2015, 11:58 AM

But, but, I thought "in Mullen we Trust".

djaymsu5
11-26-2015, 12:03 PM
We've consistently put good d lines out there. Not worried about that. But I'm always worried about the o line

True!

maroonmania
11-26-2015, 12:10 PM
So what?

Let it play out

Come on Coach, you are smarter than that. Saying Mullen is looking to leave certainly can and probably will be used against the program in recruiting. Even if Mullen doesn't leave then other schools can say that EVEN MSU people are saying he is looking to leave. Bad things about Ole Miss or Lewis to State type banter are on the positive side for us so those things really aren't comparable.

Coach34
11-26-2015, 01:59 PM
Come on Coach, you are smarter than that. Saying Mullen is looking to leave certainly can and probably will be used against the program in recruiting.

What hurts more to recruits?

A message board poster saying he is looking to leave- or national reporters making reports about him leaving? Mullen's agent is doing the damage- not me. And thats on Mullen. If he cared about the effect on recruiting- he would tell his agent to back off

SDDawg
11-26-2015, 02:10 PM
SEC coaches that have been the subject of credible rumors of them leaving (new job or fired) this year: Saban, Richt, Miles, Mullen, Freeze, Jones, and Mason. This is half the coaches in the conference with another two already gone or on their way out. This is commonplace and has no tangible impact on recruiting until they actually leave.

Coach34
11-26-2015, 02:29 PM
SEC coaches that have been the subject of credible rumors of them leaving (new job or fired) this year: Saban, Richt, Miles, Mullen, Freeze, Jones, and Mason. This is half the coaches in the conference with another two already gone or on their way out. This is commonplace and has no tangible impact on recruiting until they actually leave.

Richt, Miles, and Mason didnt have their agents doing it though. It was rumors of them being fired.

maroonmania
11-26-2015, 02:40 PM

National reporters throw this crap around every year hoping something sticks to the wall, doesn't mean much. How many actual AL folks do you hear saying Saban is looking? OM people saying Freeze is looking? There is more weight to it when folks affiliated with the school itself are actually saying it. No other reason for them to be saying it if it weren't true. MSU folks adding fuel to these rumors is not helpful, true or not.

confucius say
11-26-2015, 04:59 PM
+1. And I'm not this guy's biggest fan. Chill out people and leave 34 alone on this one.

I have no problem with him relaying what he was told. I actually like it bc he often has good info. My problem is that he would prefer mullen leave. That is ludicrous to me. Mullen has our program at heights never seen before, and he wants him gone. Wow.

Coach34
11-26-2015, 05:47 PM
I have no problem with him relaying what he was told. I actually like it bc he often has good info. My problem is that he would prefer mullen leave. That is ludicrous to me. Mullen has our program at heights never seen before, and he wants him gone. Wow.

meh- alot of that was the Bammer game. Now I just want Hev gone

Bully13
11-26-2015, 05:58 PM
meh- alot of that was the Bammer game. Now I just want Hev gone

then can you please replace the header?