PDA

View Full Version : Elitedawgs is 4 months old today

elitedawgs
08-01-2013, 09:53 PM
We started April 1, 2013.

So what so you guys think of the place? Any suggestions or recommendations?

msstate7
08-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Really love the site. I can't think of anything that needs to be done except the return of the political board.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Really love the site. I can't think of anything that needs to be done except the return of the political board.

This is correct.

angusyoung
08-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Damn. You guys and your politics. What a complete waste of time.

engie
08-01-2013, 11:14 PM
I would LOVE to see an "in reply to" tab added for those of us that like to view the board in linear mode.

This would make comprehension SO much easier for us when communicating with people that are using threaded or hybrid(and expect us to know who they are talking to). It would also greatly reduce the clutter from the inline folks CONSTANTLY using the quote function simply so that other people using linear know who we are replying to(thus also driving the threaded/hybrid people insane)...

I have to click out of linear and into threaded view once/week or more in order to determine if responses are meant for me... and there's no telling how often I ignore responses meant for me for the same reason... I have the same problem on SPS as well...

Tigerdroppings has this about perfect IMO...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20130802-4nzo-93kb.jpg

CadaverDawg
08-01-2013, 11:15 PM
We started April 1, 2013.

So what so you guys think of the place? Any suggestions or recommendations?

I think we need to do more weekly chats.

messageboardsuperhero
08-01-2013, 11:21 PM
I would LOVE to see an "in reply to" tab added for those of us that like to view the board in linear mode.

This would make comprehension SO much easier for us when communicating with people that are using threaded or hybrid(and expect us to know who they are talking to). It would also greatly reduce the clutter from the inline folks CONSTANTLY using the quote function simply so that other people using linear know who we are replying to(thus also driving the threaded/hybrid people insane)...

I have to click out of linear and into threaded view once/week or more in order to determine if responses are meant for me... and there's no telling how often I ignore responses meant for me for the same reason... I have the same problem on SPS as well...

Tigerdroppings has this about perfect IMO...

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20130802-4nzo-93kb.jpg

^^This^^

"In reply to" tabs would be awesome at the top of the posts.

M.Fillmore
08-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Much as we did in Baseball, have all in game rants in one thread. It stays on topic and if it gets out of hand you can easily dump the thread.

Dawg61
08-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Sort of inline with what Engie said but on the threads page have the option to view all the replies and be able to see who replied to you. Maybe that's possible already and I'm too stupid to figure it out. I have no idea who is replying to me right now unless they reply with my post quoted.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-02-2013, 01:39 AM
I like how at the bottom of a SPS thread there are options to go back to the main page or to the next thread. It comes in handy when reading a multipage thread, rather than hitting back 4 times you can just hit that link.

ETA: this would be when I am on my iphone.

deepikarai
08-02-2013, 05:11 AM
Congratulations Elitedawgs!! Now you become a 7 month old.

Skyhawk
08-02-2013, 06:28 AM
It is very nice to see fourth month of this site. May this exist for a long time.
I love this site and would never want to go back anywhere.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Ban this troll

biscuit
08-02-2013, 09:28 AM
So in doggie years thats 2 years and 4 months.

Barking 13
08-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Just found this site, so I'm the noob... A "like" function would be good on each post.. keeps from having to reply with quote, unless you're all into racking them up...

I'm not sure about what the guys above are talking about linear, but if not replying to a particular post , you can go advanced and, oh, never mind....

Can't wait to get this season underway.... like the single thread rant deal too... hope we don't have that much to rant about, seeing as how my main two rant targets went elsewhere...;)

hometowndawg
08-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Happy Birthday ED!!!

CadaverDawg
08-02-2013, 10:12 AM
I like how at the bottom of a SPS thread there are options to go back to the main page or to the next thread. It comes in handy when reading a multipage thread, rather than hitting back 4 times you can just hit that link.

ETA: this would be when I am on my iphone.

I like this too.

I also like the "like" button idea. Also, I think the "reputation points" feature is pretty cool, but I don't think many people know what it is or remember it's there. Maybe we could have a sticky or something that explains the "rate the thread", "reputation points", and "vCash" features so everyone will be more likely to use them.

dawgoneyall
08-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Just continue to keep the penny loafers off.

Barking 13
08-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Also, I think the "reputation points" feature is pretty cool, but I don't think many people know what it is or remember it's there. Maybe we could have a sticky or something that explains the "rate the thread", "reputation points", and "vCash" features so everyone will be more likely to use them.

Yep, I've never seen it on any of the other boards I frequent... and I got a reputation comment that I didn't know what that was about... kinda like a PM?

CadaverDawg
08-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Yep, I've never seen it on any of the other boards I frequent... and I got a reputation comment that I didn't know what that was about... kinda like a PM?

It's a way to basically say "great post" or "I agree", while building the reputation of that poster you're giving it to. It's that little 6 pointed star symbol in the bottom left corner of a post. If you click it, you can either give positive or negative reputation points to that poster for that post.

Bullmutt
08-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Congrats, ED! By far the best MSU board. No rebs, great analysis/discussion by a lot of posters, very insightful content for us Dawgs who don't live close enough to starkville to keep up closely with what all's happening "on the ground" at any given time.

Ronny
08-03-2013, 10:05 AM
...I was growing weary of sixpack's downward spiral, what with the unrelegated rebel infiltration & the smartass trolling MSU fans who would always get in their non sequitur wisecracks against liberals no matter the topic being discussed. (Not getting political; just saying WTF does your hatred of liberals have to be with the price of tea in China).

On top of that, I've always despised dawgstudent so to be able to flee his bullshit & his bullshit board for this one has offered me a great sense of liberation.