PDA

View Full Version : "Without Dak Prescott, MSU is a 3 or 4 win team this year"

Maroon_and_white
11-23-2015, 05:29 PM
--Tom Luginbill just now on Finebaum

The 2016 Narrative kicking into gear. I can hear it now at SEC media days "With Dak gone, I don't see how MSU gets to 6 wins" Looks like we'll finish last again in the West next year.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Get ready for it. That will absolutely be the narrative. The best thing our fans can do is accept it, because it will get piled on in the off season. Lucky for us we get to actually play the games.

AlmostPositive
11-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Without Tom Luginbill, you'd have one less talking head pulling material out of their ass and fingerpainting with it.

DancingRabbit
11-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Then Dak should be automatic for the Heisman

Dawgtini
11-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Then Dak should be automatic for the Heisman

THIS all day. +1 and it would be if the award was still for the best player, not the best player on one of the top teams.

LC Dawg
11-23-2015, 05:41 PM
The "experts" all predicted that with Dak we would be the worst team in the West and since we've proven that wrong I guess they'll all change it to say without Dak we'd be the worst team in the whole league. I love Dak as much as anyone but we have some talent on our team and we have some good coaches. To say that we may not even win all of our OOC games if we lose one player is just insulting. Why don't the stupid ****s just admit they were wrong about our team and give us some credit.

Dawgface
11-23-2015, 05:48 PM
I took it as though he was giving Dak props for a great year, not a slam towards MSU. As far as next year goes, a six win season is a strong possibility. Six games on the road and losing key personnel in several positions......hard for me to see another 8+ win year.

Maroon_and_white
11-23-2015, 05:49 PM
The "experts" all predicted that with Dak we would be the worst team in the West and since we've proven that wrong I guess they'll all change it to say without Dak we'd be the worst team in the whole league. I love Dak as much as anyone but we have some talent on our team and we have some good coaches. To say that we may not even win all of our OOC games if we lose one player is just insulting. Why don't the stupid ****s just admit they were wrong about our team and give us some credit.

Things like this don't usually bother me too much, but you're right it's just plain insulting and just plain ignorant to everyone. It really teed me off when he said that, it's just so ridiculous.

defiantdog
11-23-2015, 05:55 PM
I took it as though he was giving Dak props for a great year, not a slam towards MSU. As far as next year goes, a six win season is a strong possibility. Six games on the road and losing key personnel in several positions......hard for me to see another 8+ win year.
I'm with you on this one. the talking heads don't respect MSU, but they respect Dak. We have a tough schedule next year with a new qb.

missouridawg
11-23-2015, 06:21 PM
--Tom Luginbill just now on Finebaum

The 2016 Narrative kicking into gear. I can hear it now at SEC media days "With Dak gone, I don't see how MSU gets to 6 wins" Looks like we'll finish last again in the West next year.

I know it sucks, but y'all should use our downtrodden name to make some cash. With the win against Arky, State covered the 7 wins over/under by Vegas. Last year, it was 7.5. I've made $1500 on those two bets alone.

Thick
11-23-2015, 06:25 PM
Without Fournette, LSU might win 2-3 games. Without Kelly, OM might win 3-4 games.

IMissJack
11-23-2015, 06:30 PM
How many would OM get without Kelly? 5?
Would New England be undefeated without Brady? No
This is a given. However, when we have had a new QB to break in, in the past at least we could rely somewhat on running the ball to hide his weakness. If we had Tyson Lee this year, with the running game we have, we would have struggled with 4. When he was here, he had Dixon to give it to.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2015, 06:34 PM
Luginbill is good. And he gives State props when few others do. Hell, in that same interview he said something like, "If you're a Heisman voter and Dak isn't on your ballot, you haven't been watching the tape". Loogs is one of the good guys IMO. He went a little extreme on the comment you're mentioning, but I think it was only to further his point about how underrated Dak is...and I do agree with that.

PMDawg
11-23-2015, 06:35 PM
The First Team said the same thing this morning. McElroy said we probably lose to USM without him. So stupid. I look at Arkansas, and maybe MAYBE Auburn as games as second or 3rd string QB couldnt have won. Minimum, we are 6-5 without him.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2015, 06:37 PM
Luginbill is good. And he gives State props when few others do. Hell, in that same interview he said something like, "If you're a Heisman voter and Dak isn't on your ballot, you haven't been watching the tape". Loogs is one of the good guys IMO. He went a little extreme on the comment you're mentioning, but I think it was only to further his point about how underrated Dak is...and I do agree with that.

Well said. That is a good way to look at his comments, specifically.

The other football "writers", the SECN crew, and the boys over at the SDS rag, are gonna go down to the hilt on us this summer though. You thought last summer was disrespectful? You just wait - we are going to be worse than KY and Vandy next year according to most of these clowns.

defiantdog
11-23-2015, 06:37 PM
Without Fournette, LSU might win 2-3 games. Without Kelly, OM might win 3-4 games.

I'd say Treadwell is more important..... He's on another level and makes plays happen. kelly makes plays, but he's not as important and Treadwell.

Rayburn8
11-23-2015, 06:40 PM
People underestimate the drop off from Dak to the next guy. Maybe not 3-4 but this team would only win 5-6 games without Dak. He is that bug if a difference.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2015, 06:43 PM
Well said. That is a good way to look at his comments, specifically.

The other football "writers", the SECN crew, and the boys over at the SDS rag, are gonna go down to the hilt on us this summer though. You thought last summer was disrespectful? You just wait - we are going to be worse than KY and Vandy next year according to most of these clowns.

Yea, I hope our fans will not get too upset and defensive before next season....instead, let them all say we'll win 5 games, and then when we are once again sitting at 7 wins in November they'll all look stupid and we can roast them.

SDDawg
11-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Yea, I hope our fans will not get too upset and defensive before next season....instead, let them all say we'll win 5 games, and then when we are once again sitting at 7 wins in November they'll all look stupid and we can roast them.

I have come to embrace this too. I don't mind it. BTW, remember that LSU was receiving no respect early in the year and they had a good run for a while. Auburn was supposed to be the second coming and they whiffed. Bama somehow lost to lowly OM... for the second year in a row. A&M and their five stars fade again down the stretch. Everyone has their own version of not meeting expectations this year, even Bama that's positioned for another playoff run. We make too much out of expectations I think, results speak for themselves and they continue to get posted by MSU year after year after year... I'm cool with that. :)

CadaverDawg
11-23-2015, 06:48 PM
People underestimate the drop off from Dak to the next guy. Maybe not 3-4 but this team would only win 5-6 games without Dak. He is that bug if a difference.

That's only a 2 game drop off from where we sit currently.

We would still beat USM, Troy, La Tech, NW St, probably Auburn, definitely Kentucky, & very likely Mizzou. Arkansas and maaaybe Auburn are the only two we would have potentially lost to with Fitz as our QB this year IMO. We wouldn't have looked nearly as good in our wins...but we woulda won. Arkansas would have beaten the dog shit out of us though.

SDDawg
11-23-2015, 06:51 PM
That's only a 2 game drop off from where we sit currently.

We would still beat USM, Troy, La Tech, NW St, probably Auburn, definitely Kentucky, & very likely Mizzou. Arkansas and maaaybe Auburn are the only two we would have potentially lost to with Fitz as our QB this year IMO. We wouldn't have looked nearly as good in our wins...but we woulda won. Arkansas would have beaten the dog shit out of us though.

Right on. Dak is worth 3 wins to this team in the end, but this team without him would be going to a bowl game.

IMissJack
11-23-2015, 06:53 PM
However, wouldn't you say Fitz is ahead of where Dak was his first year?

CadaverDawg
11-23-2015, 06:55 PM

Yep. But is he as talented? We'll see. I have no doubt Fitz and/or Staley will be legit SEC QB's that people sit back and wonder "where did they get this guy" as they're searching the ESPN Top 100 recruits and don't see them one day.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2015, 06:56 PM
And Lugs just said the same thing on ESPN Championship Drive, but was referring to how he was shocked Dak wasn't on the Top 5 Heisman list. He was very complimentary.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2015, 06:57 PM
And Lugs just said the same thing on ESPN Championship Drive, but was referring to how he was shocked Dak wasn't on the Top 5 Heisman list. He was very complimentary.

What did the others say when he said that?

SDDawg
11-23-2015, 06:58 PM

No doubt about it. If you'll remember, Dak only had a few plays in the red zone he was even able to run at this stage. I think his lack of readiness is the main reason why we didn't see more of him in that awful bowl game vs. Northwestern. I remember when he had the foot surgery and he came back for spring practice and was in a boot and sitting in a chair taking reps... to me that said a lot about his character and commitment to the program but he was still developing as a sophomore. (we also desperately needed him with only 2 scholarship QBs healthy) Fitz is light years ahead in comparison, we'll see how he comes along as a leader and as a hard worker and how much the other guys push him as well.

Blackout
11-23-2015, 06:58 PM
We'd be an 8-4 team with Fitz

BeardoMSU
11-23-2015, 07:01 PM
What did the others say when he said that?

I don't know his name, but the younger guy said "but they're not #1 in the nation this year, and he's not in the spotlight..."

Lugs was adamant though: Dak deserves to be on the list. Period. Those bashing him should cut the guy some slack - he's one of the few people talking in our favor.

Johnson85
11-23-2015, 07:04 PM
We'd be an 8-4 team with Fitz

I don't see how we would have won Arkansas without Dak and I think one of USM, La Tech, or Auburn we probably drop. We'll see how the egg bowl goes, but I am not expecting to see our D shut them down to where I'd feel good we'd win with a RS freshman QB. I'm thinking 6 wins with Fitz.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2015, 07:08 PM
I don't know his name, but the younger guy said "but they're not #1 in the nation this year, and he's not in the spotlight..."

Lugs was adamant though: Dak deserves to be on the list. Period. Those bashing him should cut the guy some slack - he's one of the few people talking in our favor.

I hate that bull shit about "being #1", etc. That's not what the Heisman trophy is about. Did RGIII win a Title? Was Baylor #1? No. I'm so sick of them making it about being on a top team. That basically means a Bama, OSU, etc player is going to win it every year. It's shit, and it infuriates me.

IMissJack
11-23-2015, 07:10 PM
I don't see how we would have won Arkansas without Dak and I think one of USM, La Tech, or Auburn we probably drop. We'll see how the egg bowl goes, but I am not expecting to see our D shut them down to where I'd feel good we'd win with a RS freshman QB. I'm thinking 6 wins with Fitz.

I would agree, we would not be as good without Dak. I wish Fitz would have gotten to play in more SEC games this year, so that we could see where he is right now. That would have required blow out wins though.

I seen it dawg
11-23-2015, 07:16 PM
I know it sucks, but y'all should use our downtrodden name to make some cash. With the win against Arky, State covered the 7 wins over/under by Vegas. Last year, it was 7.5. I've made $1500 on those two bets alone.

Yessir. Was all over that 22 seconds after the prop went out. So easy.

RougeDawg
11-23-2015, 07:42 PM
I would agree, we would not be as good without Dak. I wish Fitz would have gotten to play in more SEC games this year, so that we could see where he is right now. That would have required blow out wins though.

He will get plenty of snaps in the 2nd half this weekend, as Dak gets honored by a curtain call.

Bubb Rubb
11-23-2015, 07:46 PM

People also underestimate how good Fitzgerald is and he will show the world that next year. He's not Dak but he doesn't have to be. I don't believe there would've been a precipitous drop off if Dak wasn't playing, and I don't expect any worse than 8-4 next year.

Saltydog
11-23-2015, 07:49 PM
about how "under appreciated" Dak was a QB........Needs to be reminded how he picked State last in the West and Auburn first......He's such a douchenozzle........

Jack Lambert
11-23-2015, 07:53 PM
He is a **********.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-23-2015, 09:23 PM
The team after hearing this:

http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/9-Full-Metal-Jacket-quotes.gif

http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/5-Full-Metal-Jacket-quotes.gif

Dallas_Dawg
11-23-2015, 09:37 PM
I wish someone would run the stats. Ole miss last 10 years predicted wins by Vegas vs actual wins.
Same with us

LC Dawg
11-23-2015, 09:59 PM
I get what you guys are saying about Luginbill being complimentary of Dak but the narrative this year was we were not going to be any good because we had Dak and nobody else. Now that we've won eight games I would like for our other players to receive a little more credit.
I guess another way to look at it is that Dak is even better than anyone thought which is further proof that he deserves to be in New York.

gravedigger
11-23-2015, 10:03 PM
Hes wrong. Wed have won6-7.

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2015, 10:06 PM
So, if Dak is worth 5-6 wins, how the hell is he NOT the runaway Heisman winner?

/media assclowns

Dawgowar
11-23-2015, 10:41 PM
Paul Horning of Notre Dame won the Heisman on a 2-8 team. That Trophy exists for the perceived top 10-20 big name schools of any era. It would be good pub if he gets invited but they are about the best player of the top 8 than the best player in the country.