PDA

View Full Version : #1 Player In the Country Mom Assaulted/Harassed at OM

Ifyouonlyknew
11-23-2015, 11:22 AM
Rashan Gary, #1 player in the country DT from New Jersey, was on an OV this weekend at OM. She was in the Grove Saturday for the Walk of Champions. She hadn't yet received her credentials for the visit so she was approached by security. They told her she had to leave. There was an incident where words were exchanged & security shoved & cursed her. I'm told that OM has tried to smooth this situation over but it definitely was a black eye on the weekend.

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2015, 11:25 AM
CJ Johnson says that kind of things happens all the time. They cut a big check to smooth things over.

defiantdog
11-23-2015, 11:26 AM
Rashan Gary, #1 player in the country DT from New Jersey, was on an OV this weekend at OM. She was in the Grove Saturday for the Walk of Champions. She hadn't yet received her credentials for the visit so she was approached by security. They told her she had to leave. There was an incident where words were exchanged & security shoved & cursed her. I'm told that OM has tried to smooth this situation over but it definitely was a black eye on the weekend.

He's definitely a lock for OM now. I remember the OM faithful giving CJ Johnson the worst welcome in the world and he still went there. They find a way to make it all better.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Yikes. Not a good look.

Isn't the Grove open to the public? People can just walk through it, yes?

I'm curious if the security meant something else in referencing "credentials".

HoopsDawg
11-23-2015, 11:29 AM

WOW! That is hilarious.

DawgHouseUnited
11-23-2015, 11:32 AM
How on earth does NMU get the #1 DT to visit from Mew Jersey? Seriously, what can Oxford or OM offer that he couldn't get from a number of other places closer to home?

Having said that, can't blame the kid for taking the visit, just for the duffel bags and tour of the library..

Ifyouonlyknew
11-23-2015, 11:32 AM
He's definitely a lock for OM now. I remember the OM faithful giving CJ Johnson the worst welcome in the world and he still went there. They find a way to make it all better.

CJ Johnson & Rashan Gary aren't in the same stratosphere though. Also they're from New Jersey so their opinion of MS probably wasn't too great to begin with. I didn't think they were a serious option for Gary anyway but this incident puts a nail in that coffin IMO.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Seriously, what can Oxford or OM offer that he couldn't get from a number of other places closer to home?

just for the duffel bags and tour of the library..

You answered your own question

TrapGame
11-23-2015, 11:35 AM
You mean she didn't show them the red bag full of cash her son got just for visiting?!**

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2015, 11:35 AM
CJ Johnson & Rashan Gary aren't in the same stratosphere though. Also they're from New Jersey so their opinion of MS probably wasn't too great to begin with. I didn't think they were a serious option for Gary anyway but this incident puts a nail in that coffin IMO.

Be great if we could get him in on an OV or UV and really roll out the red carpet for him and show him the People's University. I wonder if Dan would have the balls to write him a letter apologizing on behalf of the state of MS for what happened at KKKU and invite him down to visit us?

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2015, 11:38 AM
Just realized. Between this and the fan getting beat down in the stands...it wasn't a good weekend for law enforcement at the Flagship.

DawgHouseUnited
11-23-2015, 11:41 AM
You answered your own question

Haha true!

chef dixon
11-23-2015, 08:08 PM
https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi/mother-of-nations-no-1-prospect-raves-about-visit-to-ole-miss

Already spun I suppose?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-23-2015, 08:16 PM
According to a poster on OM 247 Gary's mom made a post on her Facebook regarding a guy waving a huge MS state flag while she was at OM. It wasn't a positive post at all. I think it's safe to scratch his name off the wish list.

TUSK
11-23-2015, 08:18 PM
please let this be true...

I think Michigan has the inside track, but that cat is a catch, fo sho....

Did he visit anywhere else, or was that just an OV for the game....

AlmostPositive
11-23-2015, 08:39 PM
A leopard cant't change it's stars and bars.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-23-2015, 09:18 PM

It was an OV.

John Farley
11-23-2015, 09:21 PM
"So other then the attack and obvious racism shown by our fans, how was your visit?"

msstate7
11-23-2015, 09:23 PM
"So other then the attack and obvious racism shown by our fans, how was your visit?"

Haha

AlSwearengen
11-23-2015, 09:38 PM

This might be the most accurate and applicable thing I've read this year. It was funny also.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2015, 09:41 PM

"I'm sorry our fans only see things in black and white, but we're hoping you'll only see things in "green" (/index-finger and thumb rub/)"

FISHDAWG
11-24-2015, 08:39 AM

sounds like he wants to play in the SEC

BankerDog
11-24-2015, 09:34 AM
The real question is why are Ole Miss fans friends with his mom on Facebook? That's taking it to another level.

SDDawg
11-24-2015, 09:39 AM
sounds like he wants to play in the SEC

He Iron Bowl'in this weekend.