msstate7
11-23-2015, 08:47 AM
Last 2 games (bama and Arkansas)...

21 carries 97 yards 4.62 yards/carry
7 rec 132 yards 1 td 18.86 yards/rec

Can we please stop ripping him? He's been good

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-23-2015, 08:55 AM
Yep, pound for pound one of the toughest players on our team.

Dawg61
11-23-2015, 09:01 AM

He also had a fumble. Nobody is ripping Holloway. Everyone is ripping Holloway up the middle. Holloway on the edges on sweeps and passes to the flats where he's already moving in space is nasty. He is fast as f*ck. He's had more than a handful of nice catches this year which is really amazing considering how bad his hands were his freshman year. No doubt he's become a weapon for us. He's like gut punches to the defense when they are getting tired.

the59dawg
11-23-2015, 09:05 AM
Ever wonder why most teams kick off to him? While being our best HR threat, he goes down too easily.

SDDawg
11-23-2015, 09:05 AM
Bear had a turnover too, the pick was on him. Turnovers happen. Holloway has been outstanding... Still wish we had more of a threat for the option plays.

BoomBoom
11-23-2015, 09:09 AM
Ever wonder why most teams kick off to him? While being our best HR threat, he goes down too easily.

Most? It's every single team, every single kick.

Jack Lambert
11-23-2015, 09:12 AM

Didn't it pay off for Arkansas Saturday. He is so small, he goes down easy and don't break tackles.

I seen it dawg
11-23-2015, 09:13 AM
He's tough as hell but damn get somebody else on kickoff that can break a tackle.

GreenheadDawg
11-23-2015, 09:14 AM
He's tough as hell and he can't help he's small. It's not his fault his coach thinks it's a good idea to run him up the middle. I don't blame holloway, I blame Mullen.

GreenheadDawg
11-23-2015, 09:15 AM
He looked like a damn pinball on the fumble. He's just too damn small for some of the stuff he is asked to do

FISHDAWG
11-23-2015, 09:43 AM
He looked like a damn pinball on the fumble. He's just too damn small for some of the stuff he is asked to do

is Malik Dear back there recving kicks with him .... if not then maybe he should be the primary

GreenheadDawg
11-23-2015, 09:45 AM
is Malik Dear back there recving kicks with him .... if not then maybe he should be the primary

I honestly don't know who it is because every team kicks it to holloway every time because a stiff wind knocks him down

SignalToNoise
11-23-2015, 09:46 AM

To echo what everyone else is saying, the ripping should be on the coaches for running him up the gut.

I suppose it has to be done here and there to keep the defense honest.

But to your point, he was valuable on the outside against Arkansas. Not sure he can do that against the OM defense, though.

RAYn_Man
11-23-2015, 09:53 AM
Our offense has looked good playing off the jet sweep instead of an option read up the middle. Also, I think the theory with Holloway is that if you block it correctly (run up the middle or kickoff) he's so small and quick that he'll be through the hole and gone. I think he's really affective, and our best RB. Him and Aeris should be the only one's seeing PT to go along with our jet sweeps to Ross/Dear/Myles.

mstatefan91
11-23-2015, 10:15 AM
I seem to remember Malik Dear returning one of Arkansas's last two kick offs. Could be wrong. Lots of kickoffs

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Yes, Dear is the other KO returner back there with Holloway. What we need to do is put Gray & Dear back there.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2015, 10:32 AM
I seem to remember Malik Dear returning one of Arkansas's last two kick offs. Could be wrong. Lots of kickoffs

Yes. Ran into the back of his blockers and fell on his ass.

ckDOG
11-23-2015, 10:32 AM
May seem counter-intuitive, but we may see the little man being very successful up the gut against OM's over-aggressive line. It will have to be well-timed, but look out if he can get through that first wave from the front. He's going to be a best option getting run yards Saturday aside from Dak running when we get the field spread correctly. My bigger worry is that we will also need him to pick up blocks if we want to exploit their secondary weakness down field with the longer developing plays. The middle of the field is going to be there all day for us. Will we have the time to exploit it?

yakalot
11-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Yes. Ran into the back of his blockers and fell on his ass.

I was all excited when I saw he was returning the kickoff, then boom, he's on his ass around the 15.

deltadawg99
11-23-2015, 11:17 AM
Holloway on the edges and in space is great, but he doesn't need to our primary back. In the SEC you've got to be able to run the ball in between the tackles and have guys like Holloway as the change of pace guys.

DanDority
11-23-2015, 11:19 AM
Yep, pound for pound one of the toughest players on our team.

Pound for pound probably the toughest player in the country! I know I wouldn't want my son anywhere close to an SEC football field who is exactly the same weight as Holloway, maybe a little taller but he is in the 6th grade.

RAYn_Man
11-23-2015, 04:54 PM
Holloway on the edges and in space is great, but he doesn't need to our primary back. In the SEC you've got to be able to run the ball in between the tackles and have guys like Holloway as the change of pace guys.

I disagree. If you run a single back pro style, then yes. But our offense is air raid/jet sweep now. When you have Dak, don't need a power back.