PDA

View Full Version : childish nicknames

DawgInMemphis
11-23-2015, 07:40 AM
My .02, but I hate it when our own fans on here refer to our players with childish nicknames. You want to say so and so had a bad game, or so and so needs to be benched, fine. It's a message board after all. You even want to fire Mullen after a loss - which I also think is ridiculous short term thinking, fine. Fans are allowed to overreact. But referring to Cleveland as "The Steamer" irks the hell out of me. He's out there busting his rear in Maroon and White. I expect better from true fans.

/rant over

PassInterference
11-23-2015, 08:17 AM
I agree. Like a Tyson Lee or Mike Henig. Guys are busting their ass for Dear Ol' State.

You can be pissed at Mullen for not having a better player in that spot.

But the player is giving it his all.

Quaoarsking
11-23-2015, 08:20 AM
Calling the best QB in America and best player in MSU history Checkdown Charlie (is that a reference to Checkpoint Charlie?) was especially stupid.

I seen it dawg
11-23-2015, 08:22 AM
Jesus here we go

FISHDAWG
11-23-2015, 08:22 AM
Calling the best QB in America and best player in MSU history Checkdown Charlie (is that a reference to Checkpoint Charlie?) was especially stupid.

totally agree with this ... especially when that's what he's been coached to do

I seen it dawg
11-23-2015, 08:27 AM
It's been put to bed already. Find something else to ****ing bitch and gripe about.

RougeDawg
11-23-2015, 08:43 AM

It was referring to our shit play calling and Dan, yes Dan, not trying to stretch the field. Another prime example of coaches not giving us the best opportunity for success.

This has been proven over and over that he wasn't referring to our player. It was the result of said player and the plays he was being told to run with no RB and not going deep.

GreenheadDawg
11-23-2015, 09:07 AM
My .02, but I hate it when our own fans on here refer to our players with childish nicknames. You want to say so and so had a bad game, or so and so needs to be benched, fine. It's a message board after all. You even want to fire Mullen after a loss - which I also think is ridiculous short term thinking, fine. Fans are allowed to overreact. But referring to Cleveland as "The Steamer" irks the hell out of me. He's out there busting his rear in Maroon and White. I expect better from true fans.

/rant over

Well I expect more from an SEC player. So there's that. There is probably a reason you get a nickname like that

Coach34
11-23-2015, 09:20 AM

since I said that- with Mullen obviously seeing the same thing on film- we have started pushing the ball down the field. Checkdown Charlie was describing his play- and was no remark to him or his character. You guys need a midol and a nap

yakalot
11-23-2015, 09:50 AM
since I said that- with Mullen obviously seeing the same thing on film- we have started pushing the ball down the field. Checkdown Charlie was describing his play- and was no remark to him or his character. You guys need a midol and a nap

Oh, of course not....

Egomaniacal is just not a strong enough word to describe you.

In keeping with the gist of this thread, I wonder what childish names one could come up with to describe you?

sleepy dawg
11-23-2015, 10:00 AM

I guess it's easy for you to say that now that your 2 month long period is over.

stalkingpoon
11-23-2015, 10:21 AM
Oh, of course not....

In keeping with the gist of this thread, I wonder what childish names one could come up with to describe you?

C34 is still trying to take credit for Dak taking shots down field������

stalkingpoon
11-23-2015, 10:24 AM
You guys need a midol and a nap

Coming from someone who let UNM fans run him off a smack page because they were ripping him so damn bad. Lol

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Oh, of course not....

Site Owner

Taog Redloh
11-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Oh, of course not....

pick me pick me

Dallas_Dawg
11-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Coming from someone who let UNM fans run him off a smack page because they were ripping him so damn bad. Lol
Wonder who the trolls are?

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2015, 10:35 AM
Well I expect more from an SEC player. So there's that. There is probably a reason you get a nickname like that

Exactly. Don't see anyone crying over Toast Smith back in the day.

mstatefan91
11-23-2015, 10:42 AM
I didn't realize the board had such a big population of women. Congrats C34 on that gender diversity.

yakalot
11-23-2015, 10:54 AM
Site Owner

I prefer Site Nazi.

stalkingpoon
11-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Wonder who the trolls are?

If you are trying to insinuate that I'm a troll or UNM fan you can take that shit somewhere else.

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2015, 11:11 AM
I prefer Site Nazi.

Yet you took the time to set up an account, make posts, and even do the vCash and remain on a site you think is so bad for over two years now. Makes perfect sense seeing as how this is the only MSU message board in existence. Shame there aren't any named after a guy that works for Scout or any with the name of a popular purchase quantity size of coke or beer. Then you could go there and not be bothered with this site run by the Fuhrer.

Coach34
11-23-2015, 11:12 AM

I left because it was nothing but a shit show. I dont have time in my life for that mess

Coach34
11-23-2015, 11:17 AM
Oh, of course not....

Facts are facts- the guys doing the LA Tech game even put up the graphic at half about how 27 of our 30 passes were 11 yards or less. Our WR's were getting lit up

Since that game- we have pushed the ball down the field more- thats another fact. I'm not taking credit for anything except pointing it out- I'm saying that Mullen also had to see it on film- and made the changes within the offense. If that's "egomaniacal"- so be it.

Describe me? Arrogant Ass gets used quite alot.

AlmostPositive
11-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Maybe it's a generational thing -- I still remember Charlie Shira -- but demeaning our own players for reasons other than lack of effort or obvious poor character is dubious behavior for adults.

If you're in your thirties or forties and you want to prove you're one of the cool guys by ridiculing 19-year-olds who are doing their best, you probably have some some serious character issues of your own.

Edited to add: I routinely make jackass posts but I don't think it has ever occurred to me to try to humiliate a kid working hard to contribute to a MSU team.

yakalot
11-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Facts are facts-Describe me? Arrogant Ass...

You forgot 'hole'.

I seen it dawg
11-23-2015, 01:34 PM
You forgot 'hole'.

Bye muther****er

confucius say
11-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Facts are facts- the guys doing the LA Tech game even put up the graphic at half about how 27 of our 30 passes were 11 yards or less. Our WR's were getting lit up

Since that game- we have pushed the ball down the field more- thats another fact. I'm not taking credit for anything except pointing it out- I'm saying that Mullen also had to see it on film- and made the changes within the offense. If that's "egomaniacal"- so be it.

Describe me? Arrogant Ass gets used quite alot.

Your message was accurate. No doubt we needed to stretch the field more. It's the "check down Charlie" and "dansbury" and "dan Walsh" crap that comes across as annoying. And the fact that you would prefer mullen leave for another job.

shoeless joe
11-23-2015, 01:44 PM
You forgot 'hole'.

Apparently you need to get the sand out of yours...

Political Hack
11-23-2015, 03:21 PM
Well this was certainly an entertaining read.

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Bye muther****er

Is that his new nickname?

I like it.

BayouDawg
11-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Come on fellas it's Egg Bowl Week. We can't be eating our own his time of year. We must channel our hate and direct it north

starkvegasdawg
11-23-2015, 06:04 PM
Come on fellas it's Egg Bowl Week. We can't be eating our own his time of year. We must channel our hate and direct it north

We're not eating our own. We're cleaning out the Bears.

GreenheadDawg
11-23-2015, 07:06 PM

He's not one of us. They are always sniffed out. ALWAYS.